joye ego battery, does it fit 510 cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
510 attys / cartos WILL fit directly onto an ego battery. Voltage is SUPPOSED to be the same but to me (have both) the vapor is better from the ego in addition to the greatly increased battery life.

Check out Liberty-Flights w/ their 20% discount, as you will want a charger made for the ego battery and they have great prices on their ego starter kits, right at 50 bucks for 2 batts, 2 atties, 2 cones (atty/carto cover), charger, and some extra carts. For the price you get some good spare parts that you will need, and the cost is definitely lower than buying the individual components separately.

A note on charging:
you can charge an ego batt on a 510 charger (but takes much longer)
you cannot charge a 510 batt on the ego charger, due to possibility of overcharging and damaging the smaller battery.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
510 attys / cartos WILL fit directly onto an ego battery. Voltage is SUPPOSED to be the same but to me (have both) the vapor is better from the ego in addition to the greatly increased battery life.

Check out Liberty-Flights w/ their 20% discount, as you will want a charger made for the ego battery and they have great prices on their ego starter kits, right at 50 bucks for 2 batts, 2 atties, 2 cones (atty/carto cover), charger, and some extra carts. For the price you get some good spare parts that you will need, and the cost is definitely lower than buying the individual components separately.

A note on charging:
you can charge an ego batt on a 510 charger (but takes much longer)
you cannot charge a 510 batt on the ego charger, due to possibility of overcharging and damaging the smaller battery.

Plus, who doesn't need a couple of spare atty's anyway. Once you add in two ego batts and an eGo charger, it's less expensive to just get the whole eGo kit:

At libertyflights they have a "Riva 510" too, it's like a knock-off eGo but it's done so well that some folks even prefer in over the original eGo...and for $34 it can't be beat:

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Sounds good to me. has anyone tried the new usb passthrough ego battery type? how long does this take to charge from USB?

I was looking at the new ego tank as well. Has anyone tried that one? Whats the atty like ?

You can use the PT as it is charging. Personally the battery life seemed small to me, but that couldve been because the PT's are 650 mah, and Ive never had a 650 mah ego..Im a 900 or 1000 mah kinda guy. But for cruisin in the truck,or trolling the web, The PT works wonders.

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I have several 510 standards, megas, eGos, and eGo-Ts. Love all of them. One of the main reasons I like 510series is their interchanging parts If you get some eGo batteries they will work on with the 510 attys. If you want to go "tank," either now or later, you can just purchase the eGo-T attys which fit the eGo batteries. Only other thing you would need would be tank tips/carts.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
You can use the PT as it is charging. Personally the battery life seemed small to me, but that couldve been because the PT's are 650 mah, and Ive never had a 650 mah ego..Im a 900 or 1000 mah kinda guy. But for cruisin in the truck,or trolling the web, The PT works wonders.

I have several 510 standards, megas, eGos, and eGo-Ts. Love all of them. One of the main reasons I like 510series is their interchanging parts If you get some eGo batteries they will work on with the 510 attys. If you want to go "tank," either now or later, you can just purchase the eGo-T attys which fit the eGo batteries. Only other thing you would need would be tank tips/carts.

I got the eGo passthrough recently. The original cord is broken, I think, but luckily my husband is a geek so he just happened to have another one -- but it's only about 8" long! hahahahaha! so I have to lean in about 4" from my computer screen to vape with it. LOL!

As for the battery, I don't think it lasts very long either. Not nearly long enough. I wouldn't trust it to take out with me for a long drive or anything. Ok, I admit it, I guess I'm giving the eGo PT a thumbs down.

And +1 on what Bradder said. Ego's so cool because you can....

*cart w/ atomizer
*cartomizer
*tank
*drip tip
*clearomizer

with just a $10 addition here or there. Nice!

ozeevapr

Feb 3, 2011
Australia
I got the eGo passthrough recently. The original cord is broken, I think, but luckily my husband is a geek so he just happened to have another one -- but it's only about 8" long! hahahahaha! so I have to lean in about 4" from my computer screen to vape with it. LOL!

As for the battery, I don't think it lasts very long either. Not nearly long enough. I wouldn't trust it to take out with me for a long drive or anything. Ok, I admit it, I guess I'm giving the eGo PT a thumbs down.

And +1 on what Bradder said. Ego's so cool because you can....

*cart w/ atomizer
*cartomizer
*tank
*drip tip
*clearomizer

with just a $10 addition here or there. Nice!

Does the ego cone fit on the riva TM as well.??:confused:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Riva batteries have a different button
Gold accent instead of chrome
A polished black finish that feels smoother compared to the matte finish of the eGo
750 mAh instead of 650 mAh, which honestly, I don't know if 100 mAh makes a HUGE difference in how long the charge lasts, but a little longer anyhow.

The other thing I will say is I usually have give my riva battery a very slight twist with the eGo-T atty on it to get a better, looser, draw. I don't mind doing it much myself, and have not taken a dremel tool to the atties to mod it. Also the OCD part of me doesn't like that my Atty has a different finish than my battery, but I can live with that. (sort of).

The riva is a great kit at unbeatable price from LF. Some prefer it to eGo or vice versa, performance will be the same regardless if you have an eGo, Riva or Tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread