• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping indoors in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourGuy

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada/ New York
Your best bet is probably if your in a bar inform a employee on what it is and ask as some places might be understanding. No matter what the non smokers will probably look at as the same thing and complain. I personally use my every where but I hold it in which seems to make it less visible and we already know there isn't any smell that lingers.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
..and we already know there isn't any smell that lingers.
Depends on the juice and how much you are vaping there really...

I vape in my office at work and often get people walking by telling me they can smell (insert whichever strong flavour i'm using). My waffle/pancake and cinnamon flavours tend to be the smelliest.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
I am actually leaving on the night bus tomorrow night at 11pm to head for the Rocky Mountains. I arrive around noon the next day. I plan on vaping on the bus during the night. The only thing I worry about though is the actual vape. It does look like smoke, although no one will be able to smell it. I am hoping that since it is a night bus, and the lights will be off, no one will notice?:blush::lol:

Last edited:

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
I am actually leaving on the night bus tomorrow night at 11pm to head for the Rocky Mountains. I arrive around noon the next day. I plan on vaping on the bus during the night. The only thing I worry about though is the actual vape. It does look like smoke, although no one will be able to smell it. I am hoping that since it is a night bus, and the lights will be off, no one will notice?:blush::lol:

i hope you have a fun time and can vape your head-off !!:laugh:

does this mean ,
it might be a little quieter around here?? j/k:):) lol

oh yeah topic,
i have yet to have any issues what so ever!::2cool:
but my sanity is always @ question:shock:

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
Oh vapoinsano, did you really think you could get rid of me that easy?:laugh: My dad has a computer!!:p

well,
we can only hope right ? :laugh: LOL

i never was much of a thinker!!:facepalm:

maybe a blue screen or temporary power outage !! :)

it appears you may be going right by my place ?

well in that case,
say hi to your dad for us :laugh: and have fun !!

you do know ,
i am kiddin about gettin rid of you? :laugh: right?:)

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I believe technically the laws do not cover vaping as they are specific to the burning of tobacco products which you are not doing. That said I stealth vape at work or go somewhere no one will see me inside. Last thing I need is for my company to create some policy on vaping because it looks like smoke.

My favorite steath vaping trick is to exhale into my timmys coffee cup that is always on my desk at work. I think some of my coworkers wonder how my coffee keeps hot all day. A thermos could work well on a bus bet it will keep your tea/coffee steaming hot for the whole trip.:vapor:

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
well,
we can only hope right ? :laugh: LOL

i never was much of a thinker!!:facepalm:

maybe a blue screen or temporary power outage !! :)

it appears you may be going right by my place ?

well in that case,
say hi to your dad for us :laugh: and have fun !!

you do know ,
i am kiddin about gettin rid of you? :laugh: right?:)

I take it you are in Calgary. I will be going down Mcleod trail saturday morning!!! I will give you a big ol wave through my cloud of vape as we pass by. And just for the record, I KNOW you are kiddin'!! You can always kid with a kidder!

I shall pass the message on to my dad that my new vaping community says hi! Funny story, after my dad took me to the ER during xmas of 2010, just over a month ago..from my severe asthma attack..which scared the bejesus out of him..he said to me..look, I will knock off the $1000.00 dollars you owe me for your trip to Africa if you just quit that nasty habit. Ya, good ol' dad took out a nice loan to pay for my trip to Africa, after I went and met some dude on myspace and took off to Africa to get married to an arab under islam law. Without telling the parents. He was so kind as to give me money to pay off my credit cards..probably cuz I left the dude out there and did not send for a visa to bring him to Canada. That was back in 2008. Anyways. long story short..that is why I quit smoking. Both dad and my brother said just quit, and gave me a little incentive to do it.

PS- I have no discrimination against arabs. I think they are fantastic people and I did have one of the best times of my life! The culture just wasn't for me.

Last edited:

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
My favorite steath vaping trick is to exhale into my timmys coffee cup that is always on my desk at work. I think some of my coworkers wonder how my coffee keeps hot all day. A thermos could work well on a bus bet it will keep your tea/coffee steaming hot for the whole trip.:vapor:

Wow, I never thought of that hotone!! You are one smart cookie!! Thermos is getting packed as we speak!

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
that story brought a tear to my brown eye lol :laugh:

how could you leave that poor dewd in africa ?? :( :(

seriously tho congratz ,
on what sounds like both the greatest dad+bro:2cool: :)
a person could have....

i am a wee bit north o calgary
i will look for you lol :laugh:

You are in Okotoks! hahahaha I bet I nailed it this time!! I have a great dane breeder that I bought my first dog from in Okotoks. He was the most beautiful harlequin great dane I have ever had. Sadly he passed away at age 5 of unknown causes. He just dropped dead. I got his portrait tattooed on my forearm. His name was Kane. After the wrestler.

Ya it is a sad story. I am in the process of getting divorced..unfortunately it has taken a couple of years though, as all the court dates are in Morocco. But we still talk from time to time and he did treat me good, to a point. I did see the world out there though. And I have like over 1000 photos. So I can finally say I got married, even though to me it only lasted 5 weeks.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I find myself vaping outside more and more these days but I do stealth vape the odd time. My Clearos don't give off a lingering vape if I take small 2-3 second puffs. I openly vaped in Timmies for a while until it nearly caused a huge scene. I vaped in Home Depot, on a Greyhound a few times and pretty much everywhere I regularly go. I won't chance vaping on toronto transit though... I think it is wise not to tempt fate.

I find explaining the device politely and tactfully normally wins over whomever is in charge. A little education goes a long way.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I vape when I feel the need to vape. That being said I am not in anyones face about it. I vaped at Crappy Tire yesterday while purchasing a battery. I did a dble hit e.g small primer puff and then a toot. Oops mistake :( VG leaves far too much smoke like vapour hanging :lol: need to remember no primer puff in public. Anyway someone noticed, gave me a surprised look, but then was even more surprised when I just put what he thought was a ciggy in my pocket :lol:

VapourGuy

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada/ New York
I'm the same as Switched on this matter and take a vape followed by a second inhale of air and find not much visible vapour comes out although sometimes I don"t think about it blow out a cloud here and there and besides the odd puzzled look as well here and there but am yet to have anyone say anything to me. When I visit my mother in Albany NY I can use it openly in the malls cause they've all had a kiosk or 2 selling them for while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread