What is the best atomizer foir bottom feed mods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Everybody,

Need some assistance here... I have three bottom feeders: a Journeyman, an original wood Reo, and a Reo Grand. Every atty that I have tried on them lets too much juice out of the atty end and into my mouth. I haven't find one yet that doesn't do this. Believe me, I'm not overfeeding, I pump just enough juice to see it at the bottom of the atty and then vape but 75% of the time I have juice in my mouth. I' m vaping at 6V and now I mainly use Ikenvape HV attys but they do the same thing. I've resorted to using a Super-T Vapermate on top of all of my bottom feeders to avoid this but essentially I'm turning them into top feeders when I do this and I want to find an atty that works on them the way it should. Anybody have any suggestions?

PS. I'm open for suggestions on any great top feeding mods as well...

Latracey

Jul 27, 2009
Union, KY
You took the question right out of my mouth. I received my Reo Grand a few weeks ago and I have the same problem no matter what ohm atomizer I use. I even tried one of my XL Clearomizers that I bought to use on another mod just to see if maybe the long tube would help catch some of it but it doesn't. I also tried different PG/VG mixes thinking maybe the liquid was just to thick or thin, no luck.

I hope someone can help!

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
One thing I've realized about bottom feeders is this: if you juice bottle inside the mod is at least 75% full, you don't really need a full press to prime the atty. With my wood Reo, I sometimes just give it a half-press. I notice that when the juice bottle inside is pretty full, it actually tends to feed the atty as I draw. If you press down on the bottle fully, you're definitely going to flood the atty. I also tend to avoid screwing down my atty all the way. That way, I get a lighter draw and I find that it helps to prevent juice from splashing into my mouth.

The atty I've had best results with has been the 801. Tons of flavor all the time!

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One way I have found around the problem is to use a Super-T Vapemate on top of my bottom feeders. It changes the feed to a top feed. Once you get comfortable with the bottle (I use it with a tube inserted into the cap), and learn how much to pump the leaking is very limited. On my wood Reo I use an 801 mini with the Vapemate and get almost no leak, and with the 510 attys I've learned to control the leakage. This is kind of defeating the purpose of the bottom feed but it works. One problem with the Vapemate is clearance for the bottle, you may have to use adapters to get the bottle high enough to sit above the body if it's a box mod like the Reo's or you can just let the bottle hang by the side, I just like it on top out of the way.

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Everybody,

Need some assistance here... I have three bottom feeders: a Journeyman, an original wood Reo, and a Reo Grand. Every atty that I have tried on them lets too much juice out of the atty end and into my mouth. I haven't find one yet that doesn't do this. Believe me, I'm not overfeeding, I pump just enough juice to see it at the bottom of the atty and then vape but 75% of the time I have juice in my mouth. I' m vaping at 6V and now I mainly use Ikenvape HV attys but they do the same thing. I've resorted to using a Super-T Vapermate on top of all of my bottom feeders to avoid this but essentially I'm turning them into top feeders when I do this and I want to find an atty that works on them the way it should. Anybody have any suggestions?

PS. I'm open for suggestions on any great top feeding mods as well...

Sounds like you already have a good top feeding mod ! I love the Vape Mate,all the flavor combined with a convienient dripping method! What's not to like.
Juice in the mouth sound like over feeding.Have A grand as well as a couple other bottom feeders,could just be the learning curve.They're all a bit different.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As I said Raider, I'm not a rookie and I'm not over feeding... This is not a simple problem that can be solved by pumping less liquid. What's not to like is that any atty that I use leaks it's connected to any of my bottom feeders, I just can't find an atty with a draw that won't leak liquid out of the mouth end. I am way past a learning curve.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
As I said Raider, I'm not a rookie and I'm not over feeding... This is not a simple problem that can be solved by pumping less liquid. What's not to like is that any atty that I use leaks it's connected to any of my bottom feeders, I just can't find an atty with a draw that won't leak liquid out of the mouth end. I am way past a learning curve.

I use LR 901s and dont have much of a problem. the 510s and 306s seem easier to get juice in the mouth especially if i overfeed.

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

No intention to offend,hope you get it worked out.Perhaps AG's suggestion of a longer tip? Perhaps the long 801 would help,I just don't know what to suggest.......good luck.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No offense taken Raider, I just want everyone to know that I know how to pump without overfeeding... The long 801's don't help, they leak too. I've tried 510's, 801 long and shorts, 901's, and dewicked 306's, everything both LR and HV... Everything leaks except the 306's but the HV is pretty harsh and the LR's are too weak. What I'm trying to find is a specific 510 manufacturer that makes a non-leaking atty. Doots, I really don't like 901's in HV or LR, they're just too weak for me, glad they are working out for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread