How many puffs does it take off an Njoy regular cartridge to feel like a whole cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAS80

Feb 5, 2011
U.S.
Hello, I recently bought an njoy ecig with 2 cartriges in an attempt to quit smoking. A couple hours ago I finished my last pack of cigarettes and I tried the ecig. I took 4 puffs and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. The two cartridges combined are supposed to be equal to 300 puffs. I want these to last as long as possible because it costed 20.00 dollars for the ecigs and cartridges, but I also want to feel satisfied so I don't start smoking again. Does anyone have any suggestions or guidelines?

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I cant really answer that, and I doubt there is a definitive answer for that.

When I got my first set up, it was a 510 and the cartridges, TO ME, seemed to be the equivalant of about 3 cigarettes (as opposed to their advertised 12 cigarettes. So in my opinion, you wont get as much bang from the cartridges that you think you will get.

The good news... you came to right place to get the information you need to make a good decision on a good e-cig that will last you for longer than the disposable one you just bought.

What strength nicotine is in the cartridges you bought? It might be too high which is why you feel your heart is about to jump out of your chest. Most try 24mg nic to start and gradually go down from there.

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
The average person would normally get 10 puffs from one full cigarette. I can tell you however that most sellers misrepresent the amount of puffs that their cartridges will last by a great amount. I doubt you will get anywhere near 300 puffs from 2 cartridges. There are however many videos on youtube showing how to refill them yourself. I would suggest you get yourself some refill juice so that you don't end up in a jam without a full cartridge. Ecigs do deliver your nicotine in a different way so the "heart jumping out of your chest" thing is reported quite often. Start out with a shorter puff until you get used to it. You may also experience more coughing. This generally abates within a few days or so as your lungs gets used to the vapor vs smoke. hope I have helped you out at least a little.

Bluzeman

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Ohio
What nicotine level are the cartridges? I sounds like you might need to go with a lower mg/ml strength.

I use varying strengths myself. Some as high as 36, and some as low as 8. Also, how heavy a smoker were you? And did you smoke full flavor, lights, or what?

By the way, I don't know any "real" numbers but a lot of companies really exaggerate their claims about how many puffs per cartridge. Not saying that one isn't telling the truth, as I've never thought about how many puffs. Normally, they will make claims that a cartridge is equivalent to x number of packs. Always that that with a grain of salt. Most of that comes down to how heavy a smoker you were, how often you are taking puffs, etc.

All that said, the best answer is hit it until you feel satisfied, then put it down I guess.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Good question. I do not have an Njoy but I can tell you in general for me... If the ecig delivers reasonable strength drags, the juice is the right nicotine and has a familiar amount of TH and a comforting aroma, I am usually satisfied with the same or fewer drags than I took of a cigarette. In the beginning for me that also had to be tobacco aroma juice. I could not vape foody/fruity juices alone for the first 2 months - they left me feeling as if I had eaten and craving an analog. Some others can do those flavors right away but I could not.

If the ecig is performing poorly, or if juice has weak or no TH or an aroma that doesn't relax me, then no amount of drags will satisfy me. I vaped myself into a over-nicced headache once with a yummy juice that had no TH - it never said "you're done". I have also gotten too much nicotine trying to get a good hit when something is not working right (weak carto, dirty atty, gunked up cart, battery almost out of charge, etc)

After vaping 2 months I find I vape a lot when I wake up (I used to have 2-3 cigs in a row when I got up). Rest of the day it's different from smoking. I now usually vape more often for fewer drags compared to when I smoked. I take 2-4 drags when I feel the need to then go back to what I am doing.

If you smoked full strength cigs aim around 24mg and some need more to quit cigarettes. I was a lights smokes and started on 16-18mg.

What flavor are you vaping?

And BTW I think Njoy Npro is an RN4081 - 2-piece with cartomizers that screw onto the battery and the cartos have the male threads? You can buy blank cartomizers (or atty and carts) - check AzSmokeFree.com and elsewhere. And buy a juices good juice vendors that offer PG/VG blends.

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Not saying that one isn't telling the truth...

An honest vendor will tell you that the amount of use you get from it will vary.

You can refill them though with excellent results (and should) that way you get more life out of your investment and you get to try all the different flavors that vaping offers. Plus, it's easier to get exactly the mg nicotine that you want.

It sounds to me like your nicotine mg is a tad too high. It should be enough that you don't want or need a cigarette but not so much that you feel jittery, get cold sweats, nausea, or feel like your heart is going to jump out of your chest.

Good luck! :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
That sucks because I am a smokaholic that has been smoking for 20 years. Yesterday I had a throat cancer scare that turned out to be strep throat. I am going to look into the VG ejuice and its strength. Thanks for the advice.

I had a throat cancer scare once too... turned out to be "irregular cells" (still sounds like cancer to me, btw...) but apparently not cancerous. Sad part is, I smoked all the way to the biopsy and all the way back. I told myself that I would have to quit smoking if it did turn out to be cancer and then when they said it wasn't cancer I was soooo relieved! Was I relieved that I didn't have cancer? Sure. But I was even more relieved that I didn't have to quit smoking!

So dumb.

I'm just glad I found e-cigs.

Keep trying new things, don't give up.... there's an e-cig out there for everyone, sometimes it just takes some shopping around.

Good luck!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Plenty of things that ARE regulated by the FDA are not safe... like cigarettes. Cigarettes are regulated by the FDA, yet we all know that they will kill you.

hold on, I'm looking for links to ease your fears...

Here are a few to start with, Happy reading :) :

Casaa.org - Harm Reduction
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/centers-institutes/population-development/files/article.jphp.pdf
Ecigarette mist harmless, inhaled or exhaled
Electronic Cigarette Facts - Visitor Opinion
7 Biggest Electronic Cigarette Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread