Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Well It must be that I don't leave them in long enough to notice.
I only have Grands so we are talking 18650s here .... but they perform exactly the same IMO.

I swear if they were wrapped in tape I could not tell the IMR from the black 2900 mah AWs

But I swap them every morning. So that must explain it.
I've tested some of mine when I pull them off and they are still 3.7 to 3.8 volts.

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm with you Big Hitter on the Grand. The mini hands down go with the IMR 14500 from AW!

Well It must be that I don't leave them in long enough to notice.
I only have Grands so we are talking 18650s here .... but they perform exactly the same IMO.

I swear if they were wrapped in tape I could not tell the IMR from the black 2900 mah AWs

But I swap them every morning. So that must explain it.
I've tested some of mine when I pull them off and they are still 3.7 to 3.8 volts.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Ok, I just pulled my 1st 5 volt NiMH battery off the charger, carefully loaded it into my Grand, and took a couple of hits off my 801 2.0Ω atty. It measured 5.7 volts fresh off the charger, btw.

Now, I know this is too much voltage for this atty, but I was just wanting to vape away the juice in the atty before switching over to a 3.1 ohm 510 carto.

Wow! Head rush!

Just tried the carto. Nice!

Now let's see how these puppies hit for the rest of the evening.

:p

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
Reo mini- AW IMR 14500

A word about battery chargers. I got an ultrafire wf-188 charger and it never charged these batteries over 3.98 volts. I know some here are happy with this charger but it never fully charged my batteries. After doing some research on one of the flashlight forums and reading about people there having problems I decided to splurge and buy the Pila IBC charger. Awesome charger. My batteries now come off the charger at 4.16-4.18 volts every time. And they are lasting much longer in the mini. According to the SME's on the subject this is the only charger that correctly charges l-ion type batteries other than much more expensive hobby grade chargers. Wish I'd started with this one and highly recommend it to others.

Infernia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
North Carolina
Have tried all these:
AW IMR 18650 3.7V 1600mAh - Best performers thus far... great vape til they discharge and they last me 8hrs

AW 18650 3.7V 2900mAh 'protected' - Next best performers, the drop off in performance was not as noticable as in the UF's lasted me a little over 10hrs - Big con= they are a very tight fit and squished my spring to the point of no return.

UF 18650 3.7V 3000mAh - Worked okay, performance dropped steadily the entire 10hrs they lasted me. I personally could tell they weren't performing as well...
Key here is that some people will not even notice a difference, but I do. I really like the AW IMR's for their consistent vape until discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread