Modding A Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
I'm curious as to whether anyone else has done any modifications to their REOs? I've tried several paints (none of which satisfied) to update the exterior but I've also modified the juicing system slightly by adding a short upfeed metal tube that extends from the cup into the atomizer. While this mod is incredible by itself, this small addition has improved my juice flavor ten fold. Anyone done anything else?

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I'm curious as to whether anyone else has done any modifications to their REOs? I've tried several paints (none of which satisfied) to update the exterior but I've also modified the juicing system slightly by adding a short upfeed metal tube that extends from the cup into the atomizer. While this mod is incredible by itself, this small addition has improved my juice flavor ten fold. Anyone done anything else?

If I were going to change the color I would use sticky decals. TennDave purchased some shiny decals, of different colors, on eBay.

I have a Phidias with the metal feed tube, similar to what you are describing, I think. The Phidias, cup, though, is a different design from the Reos. With it you have to turn is upside down somewhat to feed the atty. Also, changing out bottles is much more hassle with the Phidias system as I haven't found a way to change out the bottle without taking the atty off. With the Phidias, also, there is a tendency for the cup to flood and get on the wood. Also, juice gets into the inside and works around inside and eventually comes out the fire button when I push it.

There is a fix for the outside cup running over using a condom, with bottom cut off and pushed down all the way into cup. The person, who, posted the "fix" used a longer condom but I cut mine down to about 3/16" and it works great.

I'm going to leave my Reos alone.

Alice

Last edited:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If I were going to change the color I would use sticky decals. TennDave purchased some shiny decals, of different colors, on eBay.

I have a Phidias with the metal feed tube, similar to what you are describing, I think. The Phidias, cup, though, is a different design from the Reos. With it you have to turn is upside down somewhat to feed the atty. Also, changing out bottles is much more hassle with the Phidias system as I haven't found a way to change out the bottle without taking the atty off. With the Phidias, also, there is a tendency for the cup to flood and get on the wood. Also, juice gets into the inside and works around inside and eventually comes out the fire button when I push it.

There is a fix for the outside cup running over using a condom, with bottom cut off and pushed down all the way into cup. The person, who, posted the "fix" used a longer condom but I cut mine down to about 3/16" and it works great.

Alice

Alice, I have some silicone tubing that I used over my needle on my phid that stopped the leakage into the mod. It worked great
It would seal between the bottle and the atty connector!

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL

Alice

Yeah, I've thought about finding a good sticky decal but unfortunately MANY of the ones I've looked at, well, I worry about their viability.

And considering what I want to put on the mod, its difficult to find. Black on black, the matter finish?

And I want this....

250px-Imperial_navy.svg.png

Just the round symbol done in the classic white on black.
I admit, I'm a dork...

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
If i could mod my reos in any way it would be to make them rechargable via usb and i guess the only other thing i would do is add a led inside to see the juice for late night vaping .....and but if you added any of these features it would lose the perfectness that is has no WIRES no BREAKING
( i know the led is CJB Sorta but it was probally the best feature from the CJB lol)
But still a rechargable REO with a inside led would be interesting to see i think it will evolve somewhat look how much it has grown since day one

Another thought i had was if the reo was just a hair wider or thicker so that you could place a spare atty into the reo would be neat but def not needed as you can pocket it.....

Yes im Rambling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow is it normal to have two reos going at the same time i always have two reos with me and use two at all times! lol

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
If i could mod my reos in any way it would be to make them rechargable via usb and i guess the only other thing i would do is add a led inside to see the juice for late night vaping .....and but if you added any of these features it would lose the perfectness that is has no WIRES no BREAKING
( i know the led is CJB Sorta but it was probally the best feature from the CJB lol)
But still a rechargable REO with a inside led would be interesting to see i think it will evolve somewhat look how much it has grown since day one

Another thought i had was if the reo was just a hair wider or thicker so that you could place a spare atty into the reo would be neat but def not needed as you can pocket it.....

Yes im Rambling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow is it normal to have two reos going at the same time i always have two reos with me and use two at all times! lol

Haha, no matter how many REOs I have, they are all running at once. I just have a different juice type in each one. =D

Infernia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
North Carolina
Techno has been modding the REO, sorry but I don't have the link to his photo journal in the 'mega thread'. If I get a chance today I will search it out and edit this post to reflect my findings.
Love ingenuity keeps everyone on their toes and everything moving forward. COngrats.

Edit: Couldn't do the link properly... sorry ... I just did a quote instead. Hope you don't mind and I really hope Techno doesn't mind either.
It is getting somewhat boring in here... Not to worry... Techno has been tinkering with something some may find interesting... ;)

I bring you...... The REO Mini Ultimate Edition!! (Click To Enlarge)

This modification sports a 510-801 adapter with needle injection into the atty...

An upgraded AW high drain 3.7v 1100mAh 18490 battery.... ;) Works and fires GREAT.. Just need to slightly Dremel some recess into the Mini... There is plenty of meat left to accomplish this as the battery is just a :censored: - Hair from fitting with the door closed now...

I've been tinkering with this for awhile, and was gonna wait till I had the door fitting to show it... But since it was kinda dead ATM..... :2cool:

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I was curious if anyone has ever made or tried to make a pass-through for either the 14500 or 18650 models of the Reo... I figure, I'm sitting at home- why use batteries? Just a thought but would be nice to pull either battery out and plug up something...hopefully more than just alligator clips...some type of "blank battery" that would fit in- line running out of the squonk hole, etc.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, I've thought about finding a good sticky decal but unfortunately MANY of the ones I've looked at, well, I worry about their viability.

And considering what I want to put on the mod, its difficult to find. Black on black, the matter finish?

And I want this....

250px-Imperial_navy.svg.png

Just the round symbol done in the classic white on black.
I admit, I'm a dork...

How about this? I might grab some lol

Edit: He also has these with background.

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Alice, I have some silicone tubing that I used over my needle on my phid that stopped the leakage into the mod. It worked great
It would seal between the bottle and the atty connector!

Thanks, How are you doing? Nothing lasting I hope.

When you have the time can you elaberate just a little like does it go from top of bottle up as fas as possible and how snugly fitted in is it. Thanks

Get well and don't push things, Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Anyhow is it normal to have two reos going at the same time i always have two reos with me and use two at all times! lol

In this group it is perfectly normal. Sitting right next to my Notebook is a Grand w LR 801 IKV mini, a Mini w LR 510, and a Woodie with LR 306, all filled with same juice. Each Reo and atty combo give a different experience to the same juice. On the other-hand DH likes to have only one going at a time, a Mini, and he uses only one flavor juice. He likes to keep things simple but he is grateful that when his needs attention (like a good weekly cleaning or such or for me to check out why something is or isn't happening) I can hand him another loaded Mini in a couple of minutes so he doesn't have to wait.

Alice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread