Riva 510 charger will work with the eGo -T 1000 mAh batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I agree with what Katya said.

I also encourage you to have a spare charger on hand. You don't really want to be without a spare. Those ponies at the Post Office only run so fast, so you could find yourself without a charger for a few days.

Remember: have a back up, then get a back up for your back up for your back up for your stash in case the world ends - or something. I think the Boy Scouts have a be prepared motto :)

Paula

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
Any fast USB (Input DC 5v, 500 mA; output DC 4.2V, 420 mA) charger (joyetech or Riva) will work with any 650, 750, 900, 1000+ mAh) eGo/Riva/Hello/Tornado battery.

I have 2 Riva 901 sets. If I get a Riva 510, is the 901 charger compatible with the 510 battery, and vice versa?

PC_Clone

Dec 28, 2010
Chicago Area, IL
No, different connections. I don't think the adapters work either.

I know you're the expert but I found this on the website
The Riva 510 USB charger is a fast charger and will charger the 750mAh Riva battery in around 2.5 hours and it will also charger Joye/Janty eGo and Tornado batteries. It is not advised to use this charger on standard 510 batteries as it will likely damage them.

And since the ego-t attys work on RIVA batts wouldn't it be the same connector?

Could you double check for us and update the website if necessary?

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
I also encourage you to have a spare charger on hand. You don't really want to be without a spare. Those ponies at the Post Office only run so fast, so you could find yourself without a charger for a few days.

Paula

Thanks Paula. You're about the only one I've seen to suggest this and I realized that none of my nifty new gear will work without a charged battery. Now I have a backup charger BEFORE I need it.

Rachezee

Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
well geez Paula! Now I find myself just a bit panicky at the idea that I could lose power for a few days and be without a pv during that time! (My imagination tends to whirl and go to the worst possible scenarios). I have an extra charger, but only two ego batts, though I ordered another yesterday. :)

Anyway though, you are right about having extra chargers. My biggest fear right now actually is that my e-cigs will be confiscated in customs. I am traveling to Mexico on Monday. I have already decided to keep an assembled ego with me, and then pack half my e-liquid plus one ego batt and atty in one checked bag and half the liquid plus another 2 atties and my back-up e-cigs (safecigs) in my mom's checked bag. Hopefully I will be in the clear and not have to resort to the stinky analogs during my first real vacation in years. (and most important, my first without analogs)

Though from what I have been hearing, no one has really had a problem with customs in Mexico. I hope I won't be the horror story!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
well geez Paula! Now I find myself just a bit panicky at the idea that I could lose power for a few days and be without a pv during that time! (My imagination tends to whirl and go to the worst possible scenarios). I have an extra charger, but only two ego batts, though I ordered another yesterday. :)

Anyway though, you are right about having extra chargers. My biggest fear right now actually is that my e-cigs will be confiscated in customs. I am traveling to Mexico on Monday. I have already decided to keep an assembled ego with me, and then pack half my e-liquid plus one ego batt and atty in one checked bag and half the liquid plus another 2 atties and my back-up e-cigs (safecigs) in my mom's checked bag. Hopefully I will be in the clear and not have to resort to the stinky analogs during my first real vacation in years. (and most important, my first without analogs)

Though from what I have been hearing, no one has really had a problem with customs in Mexico. I hope I won't be the horror story!

LOL - You should be fine. I go in & out of Mexico all the time and have never had a problem with ecigs (or anything else, for that matter).

Enjoy your visit to Mexico. Stay safe and have fun. Ar e you hitting the water or are you inland?

Happy Vaping and Safe Journey,
Paula

Rachezee

Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
LOL - You should be fine. I go in & out of Mexico all the time and have never had a problem with ecigs (or anything else, for that matter).

Enjoy your visit to Mexico. Stay safe and have fun. Ar e you hitting the water or are you inland?

Happy Vaping and Safe Journey,
Paula

We are going to Cancun. First family trip in over 10 years. My parents are really thrilled they will not be with a "smoker" anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread