Burning Lips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walk1191

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Brunswick, GA
I'm trying to get my significant other interested in vaping, but when he vapes his PG "Wensten" he says his lips burn and feel numb. He tried some VG Boba's Bounty and said his lips didn't burn, but he just didn't care for it (never heard of anyone who didn't like Boba's Bounty). Nic level is 24 mg on both.

Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or numbness when vaping PG? Could the nic level be too high?

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
I'm trying to get my significant other interested in vaping, but when he vapes his PG "Wensten" he says his lips burn and feel numb. He tried some VG Boba's Bounty and said his lips didn't burn, but he just didn't care for it (never heard of anyone who didn't like Boba's Bounty). Nic level is 24 mg on both.

Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or numbness when vaping PG? Could the nic level be too high?

Sounds like he's having leaking or "blowback" problems and he's getting the juice directly on his lips or mouth. Check for over-filling, don't hold the PV with the mouth-peice end down, and watch for leakage would be my advice.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Sounds like he's having leaking or "blowback" problems and he's getting the juice directly on his lips or mouth. Check for over-filling, don't hold the PV with the mouth-peice end down, and watch for leakage would be my advice.

+1, when I get juice on my lips it's a burning/numbing sensation.

walk1191

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Brunswick, GA
Thanks for your help, guys. I want so much for him to get into vaping and give up traditional cigarettes. I ordered my kit, jumped right in head first and haven't looked back, and Tuesday of next week will be three weeks for me without analogs. It won't be that simple with him. I'm trying to be supportive.

walk1191

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Brunswick, GA
It's nice that he's making some sort of effort anyway, right?

Maybe he's puffing on it wrong, watch him next time... long, slow, easy drags? or quick hard puffs?

You're absolutely right, Rosa, I have to give him credit for making the effort. And I'll make a point to observe him next time.

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
Update: Looks like the burning and numbing of the lips was a reaction to the PG. He tried straight VG flavors all day and no reaction. Mystery apparently solved. Thanks for everyone's input.

If he isn't getting the throat hit from VG that he needs to avoid real cigarettes, you may want to try some juice vendors that mix in percentages...

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
PG lets through all of the irritation of nicotine. Makes my tongue sore and numb.

Look for some nice 70pg/30vg juice or somewhere around there. If that still causes numbness then try 50/50.

I tried that, dormouse. I finally had to go to 100% or close to 100% VG. Darn shame because there are a lot less juices in 100% VG but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread