Vaping for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftey

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
I just learned that u take long slow hits, think i burned through 25 carts in a week. I have been looking anywhere, and I dont have a lot of patience. After going through them so quickly, I need to know:

- very basic techniques, noob dumbed down version
- intro to juicingyy
- model # identification, etc
- why am I having so many issues? 2 doa batteries, why am I still here?

Thanks, can anyone point me to a dummy guide, basics first. I already purchased hardware from V2

Shafty:confused:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
My guess, since I have no idea what equipment you have

DoA batteries - my guess is you bought either an inferior or clone ecig or you have automatic batteries (much more easily killed by juice leaks) or both? It is also possible to kill equipment by charging them on a PC's USB then getting a static shock touching the PC (somebody killed a PCC that way.). I use a 4-port 2amp USB to AC adapter with my battery cables.

Carts - a guess - You are not refilling them because you don't have ejuice, don't know how, or because you bought some "name" brand on the web that is hoping you won't figure out how to fill them and they may have even crippled them a bit for refilling (for example by selling cartomzers with glued on caps on the mouth end?

What ecig do you have?

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
That's because many "name" brands lie and say a cartomizer lasts as long as a pack of cigs. They don't. You have to add juice. if you keep them damp with juice, you should be able to get 4-7 days use out of one carto. If you run them dry you will singe the stuffing and ruin the flavor.

If you can easily pop the mouth-end cap out of a carto and see stuffing (or an inner seal you can pop out and then see stuffing) then you can add ejuice. If the caps are hard or impossible to get out then you could try the carto condom fill method of pushing juice into the carto

And you are in luck because even if they use hard caps or glue on the caps, V2 is a KR808D-1 so you can use blank KR808D-1 cartos (like the Premium ones at LiteCigUSA.net) and you can use cartos from Vapor4Life and they are soft-cap.

The intended way to fill soft-cap cartos - I usually just hold a tissue on the other end and I get the pop the mouth-end cap out easily with an unbent paperclip inserted just enough to pop it out. And when done adding juice I make sure the threaded end is dry and then I puff into the threaded end to try to make sure the air channel is clear.
One video - this one is using a 510 carto but same idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaqRV4PmzA

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Here's where youtube becomes very useful:

How to inhale:
YouTube - how to inhale an e cig

There are a couple ways to refill them:
YouTube - Refill Ecig Cartos Quick and Easy (CCFM)
for this one, some people buy a drip tip to put on the end so they can top them up throughout the day by taking off the drip tip, adding a few more drops and then putting the drip tip back on:
YouTube - How To Refill Your E-Cig Cartomizer

recent thread about v2:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/111681-v2-cigs-best-3.html

Often it's hard to figure out which brand you have because is soon as the vendor gets something in they rename it. What I do is check here and if I can't find it a type into google "ecf v2 cigs" (or enter the brand you want to learn about) and see what comes up:
Brand and Model Compatibility Chart - E-Cigarette Wiki

If you go to youtube, you can type in "e-cigarette" followed by a word for what you want to know, like "refill cartos" and a LOT of stuff pops up. I call youtube the e-cig channel.
Good luck :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
DC2's guide got me in the right direction, any views on my hardware while I can still bail out? Think I've been hitting to frequently, would be nice if I had gotten ones that work so I could alternate

If I could, I'd probably send it back and get one from here instead:
Vapor King Premium E-Cig Kits and Cases - Vape On!

It's going to be the same thing but less expensive and more reliable shipping etc..

If battery life has been an issue for you (you didn't mention if it was or not) then you may as well get a bigger e-cig now while you have that opportunity. EDIT: in which case you may like the eGo-T or the Pigcig (available at lecig).

that's my two cents :)

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
battery life is horrible, do all vendors have the quality issues?

Battery life is not a quality issue, it's just a fact of science that a battery that small can only be used for so many hours in a row.

•You may like the Pigcig from Lecig: it's like what you have but lasts 6-8 hours and looks fatter (is compatible with the cartos you are using) PigCig D1 Starter Kit

•Or you might like the eGo-T, which is threaded to take any 510 stuff but you'll probably use it for it's intended purpose. It work like a fountain pen with a cartridge of liquid (which you will fill) that pops onto a atomizer. The atomizer punctures the cart and gets the juice that way:
Joye eGo T - Tankomizer - Black

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Slim ecig batteries last at most 5 hours. If your unit is 120mm long with a carto on than it is probably a standard KR808D-1which is 280mah or about 3-5 hours of use, less if vaped heavily. That actually is about the longest charge life of a slim 120mm ecig. Many like the standard 510 are only 180mah or 1.5-3 hours of charge life (less if vaped heavily, and ditto for the short version of KR808D-1). Many people use chargers at work or use a PCC (a charging case you charge up over night then it can charge a battery 3-4 times)

If you want longer battery life then you need to step out of the slim ecigs and go to an Ego, Ego-T or Riva 510 which gives 6-8+ hours battery life.

If you want to vape constantly you can get a passthrough and vape off AC to USB.

Re cartos - You said you can pop off the carto end - if you keep the carto damp by adding liquid when the vapor seems light or a bit dry, then you should be able to get days out of one carto. I have one carto for another model (510) I have gotten 2 weeks out of but it's getting weaker now. Look for good PG/VG blend liquids so you aren't buying the Chinese PG juice which can be a bit harsh (PG lets throughthe most TH, VG smooths it a bit and adds more visible vapor).

You could keep V2 and refill the cartos. One downside in my opinion is they are probably auto batteries. Some people like them but I think most people here use manual batteries. Seems to be less work, simpler mechanism, more sealed against death by juice leak, won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread