3.2 ohm MapTank from COV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
This may be a bit premature, as I just received it today when I got home from work. I was so excited that it had finally arrived! So of course I ripped open the package and immediately put it to use on my eGo Mega batt (900mAh). I loaded it with only 3ml of my own recipe via GV of blackberry cheesecake (I wouldnt have been heartbroken to have had to toss if it this map tank didnt work out) and put 1 drop on the atty for good measure since I hadnt filled it to the full 5 ml capacity. It was a little tricky finding the holes in the cap to inject the juice through, but I'm sure that after I get my eye exam and likely a new prescription lenses, it will be much easier to locate them. Although since the top cap comes off of the tank assembly, I'm wondering why you cant just remove the entire cap to fill and drain/clean it?? I also purchased a drip tip since it's required for this unit and I have never been a dripper, other than to try it a couple of times only to decide that was too much trouble to do as a main vape.

First thing I noticed was the warmness of the vapor. Beings how I am still fairly new to vaping and this is my first mod, I had never really understood what people were talking about when they talked about warm vapor. NOW I do. The vapor is so warm and inviting and so full of flavor, not to mention the massive "clouds of vapor" it produces from what I consider small hits - about 4 seconds (sorry for the play on words but it really really does create CLOUDS!).

The design of the system itself is very good. It works very very well. My only concerns at this point are:
1. O-rings - are they available to purchase and replace should they fail on the tank?
2. the rubber atty cap where the holes for injection are; the wear and tear on this rubber cap may cause leaks after some useage.
3. the availability of the ce2 replacement attys. It says they can be replaced, but there are none listed on the site? $30 may be a bit steep depending on how long the atty lasts in there.
4. the ability of the juice to wick properly when the juice gets near empty, or do you just flip it over so that the juice washes over the bottom of the atty?
5. if I leave it laying down will it flood the atty and drip out of the drip tip?
6. my financial stability due to the fact that I am already in love with this maptank and since it looks a tad funky on my (what I thought was huge) tiny in comparison batt, that I may need to find a batt that fits my maptank! Not to mention I can see needing more than one or two of these maptanks because, ahhhhhhhhh sighsssss, it is so yummy and I think I may need one for each of my favorite juices. :vapor:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
First full day of use... ahhhhhhhh.. this is sooooooo nice. I am getting to the bottom of the initial fill of about 2.5 ml. It has been a great vape from first to last. No leakage at all. I did lay it down for about 1/2 hr and when I picked it up again, the atty was a little flooded, turned it upright, blew into the drip tip a couple times... good as gold again, no mess. No taking the thing apart to blow out the atty, just blow and go. I love this thing!

I'm sitting here thinking to myself... how did I ever get along without this?!! Then I remember back to the beginning, which was only 1.5 months ago. I bought a vapor king 510 analog looking e-cig, only it was pink with a purple LED on the end. I wanted something that was similar to a regular cigarette I guess (but that's all they offered at the mall kiosk so who knows what I might have gotten had there been more options). I was fine with it, loved it in fact. Then I found ECF and discovered the eGo, then the eGo-T, and now this MAP tank. I am one seriously happy camper!! Yeah, the map tanks are a lot larger than anything I would consider buying just starting with vaping, so it is a learn and grow thing, but ohhhhh if I had vaping friends who could have introduced me to this, it would have been a match made in heaven if I had a few different units to compare against.

So because the attys will have to be replaced when they burn out, I am faced with having to learn how to fix these as I cannot justify the $30 cost every time the atty pops when I can buy a 5 pack of the ce2 cartos for around $11 and a pipe cutter for about $8. So wish me luck LOL on my first try which I hope is not soon as I have none of these extras or the pipe cutter at this time.

What I have learned in my short time here is that there is no perfect e-cig. There is only finding various things that work for you, and then tweaking them until you get it just right. I totally "get" the modders motivation now.

Now if I can just get the dude who makes these to make MORE, and more often... wait... then I'll need a second job to pay for this! Some day... I will not only break even but start actually saving money, but it wont be for a while, at least until I can get my hands on at least a few more of these MAP tanks.

*waits somewhat impatiently*

THnCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
C/S
I agree, only been vaping for about a month and love these things. Here are some answers to your initial questions, I am pretty sure I have it right, but pretty sure an E-CIG OG will correct me if I am wrong.

HAIRBALL, Where you at! Since you corned the market on these, I know you have the answers :) LOL

1. Have not seen COV offer replacements, but would imagine Lowes, Home Depot or even some automotive places will have a variety of O-Rings to choose from if needed.
2 & 3. The replacements are the CE2 steel xl cartomizers. The atty cap is included, you have to cut the steel casing off to get to the actual atty assembly.
4. I just do a quick flip on mine, I also cut the notch in the atty cap a little bigger. Make the V bigger and that helps.
5. I have one that does flood and another that does not. I think this is hit and miss. I think the tolerances will vary some with each tank.
6.I hear ya, looking to order a couple more also!!

By far the best Vape I have had so far. I also use an EGO. I don't care that the tank is bigger than the battery, this has kept me analog free for close to a month!!! Even though I have thought about another PV in the future.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I was browsing the COV thread about the MAP tanks, and a few pics posted there of these MAP tanks on Infinity's. They actually look really nice and so today I was over looking at the Infinity for myself... but I just cant justify spending any more money (unless it's on more MAP tanks LOL) My eGo batts work just great with them so I'll just keep it this way. Plus I also still use the eGo-T attys and tanks as well.

And yes, I have found the replacement attys. I just will need to also go to Lowes and purchase a pipe cutter so I can jsut cut them and replace them myself (crosses fingers, toes, eyes)

I was thinking of trying this too but I'm questionable on how it would look on a infinity..so unless I get a buzz this might be a forget me fad lol.
Have you found the replacement Atty for it? I was iffy on that too

Second Place is Dead Last

Last edited:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Thanks for the answers :) I agree, this is the best vape I've had so far as well. And ya know, I dont really care that the tank is bigger than the batt. I took it to work today and got some odd looks, but they are getting used to my craziness now and the map tank wasnt nearly as disturbing as when I showed up with a syringe to load my eGo tanks with LOL. Actually they thought the tank looks cool and so does my 12 year old son!

About the only thing I'd like to add at this point is an Infinity I think. But I have more learning to do before I go there.

I agree, only been vaping for about a month and love these things. Here are some answers to your initial questions, I am pretty sure I have it right, but pretty sure an E-CIG OG will correct me if I am wrong.

HAIRBALL, Where you at! Since you corned the market on these, I know you have the answers :) LOL

1. Have not seen COV offer replacements, but would imagine Lowes, Home Depot or even some automotive places will have a variety of O-Rings to choose from if needed.
2 & 3. The replacements are the CE2 steel xl cartomizers. The atty cap is included, you have to cut the steel casing off to get to the actual atty assembly.
4. I just do a quick flip on mine, I also cut the notch in the atty cap a little bigger. Make the V bigger and that helps.
5. I have one that does flood and another that does not. I think this is hit and miss. I think the tolerances will vary some with each tank.
6.I hear ya, looking to order a couple more also!!

By far the best Vape I have had so far. I also use an EGO. I don't care that the tank is bigger than the battery, this has kept me analog free for close to a month!!! Even though I have thought about another PV in the future.

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
And yes, I have found the replacement attys. I just will need to also go to Lowes and purchase a pipe cutter so I can jsut cut them and replace them myself (crosses fingers, toes, eyes)

Surely someone will start snipping up atty's and selling them so that those of us with unsteady hands won't have to mess with it..... right? right? :w00t: (I really want to try either the MAP or storm- so I'm hoping they get it done soon...)

How difficult does it look to pull the atty out of the MAP, and replace it with the new one (after it's liberated from its metal, tubular prison?

I take it you can't use the clear-o-mizer innards to replace the MAP innards? (no long explanation needed- simple "yes" or "nope". )
Thanks

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
COV does sell the replacement "innards" for the MAP tank, I added one when I put my order in. And there are videos on YouTube that should help with taking it apart.

Will go look now, did not see them when I ordered mine on Monday. The tank is nice and about a dozen steps above the CE-2's for performance. Funny what seeing the juice does for performance perception!!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
COV does sell the replacement "innards" for the MAP tank, I added one when I put my order in. And there are videos on YouTube that should help with taking it apart.

Maybe I am blind but I went to the COV site and still do not see MAP tank guts. Only a statement that they will be available. Please post where you saw them listed. Thanks

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Oh wow, I'm sorry! I thought that was something they would continue to keep in stock!

Thanks Bamrz at least I know I am not looisng it as bad as I thought. Probably just out of stock and using what they have to build Tanks since it looks like they fly out the door as soon as they get them. Worst case I can cut up one of the Mega CE-2's that I have just sitting around and collecting dust if I need to

ErikaG

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Www.erikasphotography.com
I think he just ran out but i am going to try to cut them myself since it is so much cheaper. My tank is lost in the mail i think. Shipped tuesday and not here yet and no update on the tracking page. Grrrr. And i sooo love getting new stuff! There is a youtube video made by shanburkholder that shows how to make your own tank out of a syringe! It's pretty cool if you don't care what people think.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
what dont you like about the ce2XL's??

I tried all the CE-2's (along with various revisions) and they just never did anything for me. I bought around 50 and they all had either a weird taste or crummy draw. They are also a PITA to fill and I just got hooked on the Boge LR 2.0 ohm cartos and the Iken V2 gold drip cartos. IMO they are far better and easier to use than the CE2's. I decided to give the MAP tank a try after so many members have raved about it. So now I believe we finally have a CE-2 set up that is acceptable and the stock I have can be used for parts for the tank MOD. I know there are many out there that like the CE-2's but maybe I was just expecting more than I ever got from that technology. I do feel the MAP brings the CE-2 to a much better level of performance. Vape on Sassyonemeis

Last edited:

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
My tank is lost in the mail i think. Shipped tuesday and not here yet and no update on the tracking page. Grrrr. And i sooo love getting new stuff!

I once sent a cashiers check via PriorityMail USPS, to a locale that was a 4hr drive away. It took 10 business days to get there. Wouldn't worry about it yet... unless you've seen your PostMan walking around the last couple o' days vaping off a shiny new MAP :laugh:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Bruce has replacement parts for the MAP tanks, mine leaked when I first got it. He sent me a new clear tube and 2 o-rings (it was the o rings that were leaking). The cartomizer it uses is a cut CE2R4 that anyone can do with a $3 pipe cutter, or he sells them pre-cut if you want. I was actually suprised how thick the tank is, about 3x thicker then those cheesy clearomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread