Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
I have a non-squirrel related question.

Is it just me, or does anybody else taste sulphur near the end of an atty full of *any* coffee flavor? it doesn't matter. KBV Auntie M.'s Coffee, Maiden Coffee from Gourmet Vapor, Coffee from V4L, Keoke Coffee from GV and a coffee flavor I got as a PIF (no idea of source) all end up having a strong rotten egg taste when I get just before the point where I'd be tasting singed wick. Ideas?

Also, I am still an atomizer idiot. I either drown 'em or fry 'em. I would like opinions on dripping without looking...or maybe I should just stick to cartomizers.?

Thanks vets and/or mods and/or gurus and/or sages. <smile>

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
  • Deleted by BiancaMontgomery
  • Reason: not needed

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
I have a non-squirrel related question.

Is it just me, or does anybody else taste sulphur near the end of an atty full of *any* coffee flavor? it doesn't matter. KBV Auntie M.'s Coffee, Maiden Coffee from Gourmet Vapor, Coffee from V4L, Keoke Coffee from GV and a coffee flavor I got as a PIF (no idea of source) all end up having a strong rotten egg taste when I get just before the point where I'd be tasting singed wick. Ideas?

Also, I am still an atomizer idiot. I either drown 'em or fry 'em. I would like opinions on dripping without looking...or maybe I should just stick to cartomizers.?

Thanks vets and/or mods and/or gurus and/or sages. <smile>

IDK about the sulphur..I've had a few of those you have listed and didnt get that one.

as far as the dripping...have you looked at those new eGoT's? or maybe a vapemate kinda thing?

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
  • Deleted by BiancaMontgomery
  • Reason: not needed

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
I don't want to sound like a hypocrite (but I totally am), so I will ask a few generic newbish questions:

Is it alright for someone who has never posted anything, who probably doesn't really have anything to offer, to accept a Treasure Chest or post in the PIF Wants thread?

What do I need to do to join this group?

Is it alright to accept an offer on someone else's behalf (either a member or not)?

How is it that anyone manages to weird out a guy who runs around the interwebz calling himself BorisTheSpider?

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Afraid Boris is right, it might be worth a kill-and-fill on this thread.

A new person should be able to use TC or Wants as a first entry in the PIF area, though it's always nice to stop by the Chit Chat thread, or the online PIF chat thread, thread and say hello. About the only thing requested, consistently, is to please read the main rules stickies and the first post in each thread, which outlines any thread-specific rules.

Joining the group is a self-selection, that you agree with the idea of pay-it-forward. The basic requirement as an accepter of things is to try not to be too greedy, to let others participate, have a fair chance. As a giver, give when you can. Nobody expects a person who is either new or hitting a tough spot to put out big PIF offers or to put things in TC.

(Before some upgrades last Fall there were formal Social Groups where you had to ask to be let in. The current forum software just doesn't work that way, so all social groups are inherently open now, with Mods having had to pick up the slack to make sure that new people aren't running too far astray of the intent of a given SG.)

A spider should not be weirded out by a squirrel with a whip, but watch out for the rabbits :)

Last edited:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I don't want to sound like a hypocrite (but I totally am), so I will ask a few generic newbish questions:

Is it alright for someone who has never posted anything, who probably doesn't really have anything to offer, to accept a Treasure Chest or post in the PIF Wants thread? Yes.

What do I need to do to join this group? You don't really have to join social groups on ECF anymore. Just participate, that makes you a member of PIF. :)

Is it alright to accept an offer on someone else's behalf (either a member or not)? Yes.

How is it that anyone manages to weird out a guy who runs around the interwebz calling himself BorisTheSpider? Sorry. :(

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok I have a question/concern.

Lately - the last few days.. My fav juice (which is different from when I fell in love with it) has a fishy after-taste. Almost like cod liver oil.. Yes, my mother was an southern baptist that was 1/2 cherokee indian that had a connection to an old lady who made this stuff... we had to take a tablespoon everytime we were getting sick. yuk... (I was only sick ONCE).

Is it the juice or me?

btw - I did ask the vendor about the lack of flavor and I got a one line response "you can buy extra flavor at any bakery supply store and add it" - really??? Don't think I will be buying from them.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Rudy33, have you always gotten it with the same PG/VG ratio? Any changes to it from your ordering standpoint? If you've gotten this flavor from the same vendor multiple times with no order changes and this is the first time you're having this issue, there's definitely something wrong with that batch and not only would I suggest you stop vaping (if you haven't already) it but I'd contact the vendor for a refund.

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Rudy33, have you always gotten it with the same PG/VG ratio? Any changes to it from your ordering standpoint? If you've gotten this flavor from the same vendor multiple times with no order changes and this is the first time you're having this issue, there's definitely something wrong with that batch and not only would I suggest you stop vaping (if you haven't already) it but I'd contact the vendor for a refund.

I got the juice in a PIF and loved it. I ordered it with 10%vg and again loved it although a bit weaker than the one in PIF that was 35%vg. So there was a sale and I ordered alot of it to stock up - now I have about 10oz of it :(. I will send him another PM with the "fish" taste. I think it may be me because it is an undertone/aftertaste.

I am really sad about this. Not impressed with his response at all.

EDIT: It must have been me or my atomizer because the Fish taste is gone... ugh Thank Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I have a question (and I don't want it to be interpreted as being some "only in the USA" or greedy type of question)...

I've never shipped internationally and I have no idea what it would cost. So, what if someone accepts a Treasure Chest, PIF offer, etc...and, they live on the other side of the world?? Would we be obligated to send a package, that may only be worth a few dollars, and pay whatever it costs to ship it to them? I'm sorry if this ends up sounding like a ridiculous question.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I have a question (and I don't want it to be interpreted as being some "only in the USA" or greedy type of question)...

I've never shipped internationally and I have no idea what it would cost. So, what if someone accepts a Treasure Chest, PIF offer, etc...and, they live on the other side of the world?? Would we be obligated to send a package, that may only be worth a few dollars, and pay whatever it costs to ship it to them? I'm sorry if this ends up sounding like a ridiculous question.

No, that's not a ridiculous question at all. And no, you are not obligated to pay excessive shipping charges. If someone accepts a PIF or a TC that is not in the US, politely tell them that you are only willing to ship within the US. :)

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
No, that's not a ridiculous question at all. And no, you are not obligated to pay excessive shipping charges. If someone accepts a PIF or a TC that is not in the US, politely tell them that you are only willing to ship within the US. :)

Thanks. Not that I worry about it too much, but I just realized that it could happen. Hopefully our international members understand:)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I'm new here and I accepted a Treasure Chest offer. My question is when I submit an offer, do I offer it in the Treasure Chest thread or the PIF thread? I'm just a bit confused on what the difference is between the two. Thanks.

The TC thread is just for things you'd like to give away without taking an offer. So, it's up to you really which thread you post an offer in. You can take an offer from the PIF thread and then post what you have, or if you don't want/need anything, and you're just feeling generous, you may post it on the TC thread. The rules for each thread can be found in the first post for that thread. :) Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread