Condensation in lungs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemongrass

Mar 7, 2011
Connecticut
I started vaping about a month ago and have found it life-changing. I love it! After 40 years of heavy smoking I virtually quit tobacco overnight and find vaping just as satisfying as the real thing minus the coughing and chronic shortness of breath. Not to mention the daily expense.

My question is this: I keep thinking it kind of makes sense logically that if you are chronically inhaling vapor into your lungs there have got to be some side effects. If water vapor is entering your lungs in regular amounts wouldn't that eventually start to "pickle" your lungs? Like staying too long in the shower and pruning your fingertips, only in this case from the inside out? There is really no information out there on this specific subject and I'd be very interested to hear other vapors' points of view or thoughts on this. Perhaps it's an ignorant question, but I keep wondering about it.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Plus, it's not water vapor that's going in (though likely water vapor coming out). What you are inhaling is a humectant, so it'll suck all the moisture out of you, not the other way around, that's why it's important to keep drinking water all day when you vape. Some have even theorized that the vapor that you see when you exhale is made partially from the moisture in your lungs (as your lungs are naturally wet like a wet sponge, not dry like balloons).

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
IMO, I don't think anything will transpire (maybe INspire though, LOL!) but I've done a bunch of research to ease my fears. Did you know that all three of the ingredients that we use are already present in tobacco cigarettes. The FDA makes it sound like we are vaping this crazy chemical concoction, but we aren't vaping anything that we haven't been inhaling with our tobacco smokes for years already.
http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf
599 Ingredients added to Cigarettes

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I was worried about PG/VG buildup as well. Then I did some research through PubMed and Web of Science and found out that inhalation studies on rats and monkeys were performed in the 40's, and no ill effects or buildup were found. I described the articles here.

I love this, everybody should click the link provided immediately :)

I was worried about PG/VG buildup as well. Then I did some research through PubMed and Web of Science and found out that inhalation studies on rats and monkeys were performed in the 40's, and no ill effects or buildup were found. I described the articles here.

Well then, that solves another one of my concerns :2cool:

PG being the base ingredient in my deodorant (Tom's of Maine), i was a little hesitant to try inhaling it.... (consider that i don't even smoke now) :laugh:

Thanks

-[Arsenic]

lemongrass

Mar 7, 2011
Connecticut
T4 - thank you for the wealth of information! Also, to the reader who mentioned that asthma inhalers use a vapor delivery sytem. This is true of course and kind of punctuates the end of the discussion. Also, to Iggy - Iggy, dear, you really should consider taking some course work in sarcasm and irony. I think you'd find life a lot more entertaining. All the best..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread