If the REO is your first mod (what you will need)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
This is for all of the people who have been using a 510, eGo. Inferno, etc, and are moving to their first pv that doesn't come in a kit. What you don't want to happen is your REO is delivered, and you suddenly realize you have to buy other things that are not available in a local store. Nothing worse than having a beautiful REO sitting there without batteries.

What you need for the REO Mini:

batteries and charger

The REO mini uses a 3.7v rechargeable battery in the 14500 size. The recommended battery for the Mini REO is the AW IMR 14500. This is a safe chemistry, unprotected battery. Do not use other unprotected batteries. You can search "AW IMR 14500" and come up with suppliers, but I have had pretty good luck with lighthound.com and overready.com. I use 2-3 batteries for a full day of vaping (about 3ml), so you will want at least 3 of them.
AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery
AW 14500 IMR Rechargeable Battery for SureFire® - Lithium (3.0-4.2v) - Batteries & Chargers - OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark
1314148478921-493781598.jpg

There are 3 common chargers in use. The Pila is generally recognized as the top of the line ($45-$50) Pila IBC Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger, but the WF 139 Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger and WF 188 Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger are good reliable chargers for about $20. You do have to remember to pull the batteries off the charger when the light turns green or your batteries will deteriorate more quickly. Whichever charger you order, get a car adapter cable just in case.

Atomizers/Cartomizers

The REO is a juice or bottom fed pv. What this means is that the juice is contained in a small bottle in the pv, and delivered to the bottom of the atomizer through a tube. You squeeze the juice bottle slightly until you see a little liquid bubble through the holes in the catch cup (the depression where the atomizer is screwed into the pv). Among REOnauts, this is called squonking.

So the other thing you need as a new REO owner is a selection of atomizers or cartomizers. Since the REO is a true 3.7v mod, it can easily run low resistance (LR) atomizers or cartomizers. The REO Mini is threaded for a 510/306 connection. If you originally had a 510, or Riva, or eGo kit, you probably already have some standard resistance 510 atomizers. These WILL work on your REO, but will not be as satisfying as a LR (1.5-2.0 ohm) atty or carto. Preference for attys and cartos tends to depend on the type of juice you vape. See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161153-what-atomizers-do-you-like-reo.html

Lots of people like cartomizers on their REO http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161209-reo-grand-mini-can-run-cartomizers-too.html I used cartos on my eGo, and the flavor with an atomizer seems cleaner to me, more like dripping.

Low nic Juice

Many people enjoy their new REO so much that they spend the first day in vape coma. So the last thing to put on your list is juice which is slightly lower in nic than what you are used to.

*Edit...added 05/22/11
While having some discussion about battery failure in a mod, I stated "every person who buys a mod should buy and learn to use a multimeter" and I realized, that it was not posted here.

A decent multimeter can be purchased for $10-$20. You should always check batteries to make sure that they are not over-discharged or over-charged. The battery specs will tell you what the limits are, and it is very easy to flip a multimeter to the lowest volt setting and put the red lead on the positive terminal and the black lead on the negative end. Over-charge is usually in excess of 4.2v for a 3.7v battery.

Additionally, a bad atomizer can short your mod. You can easily check the ohm rating on any atomizer with a multimeter.
Enjoy your new REO! :)

What you Need for the Mini Woodvil

Same things as the REO Mini EXCEPT the AW IMR 14500 batteries are not just "recommended", but because the battery compartment of the Mini Woodvil is smaller than the REO Mini, they are currently the ONLY batteries that will fit in the Mini Woodvil.

Additional reliable sources of AW IMR 14500 batteries:
AW IMR 14500
Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ers-exporters-america-shipping-worldwide.html
1314148478921-493781598.jpg

What you need for the REO Grand or Woodvil:

The same things as the Mini Except

Both the REO Grand and REO Woodvil use a 3.7v rechargeable battery in the 18650 size. (the REO Woodvil has a slightly smaller battery compartment, but both readily accept the recommended battery). The recommended battery for both the REO Grand and Woodvil is the AW IMR 18650. This is a safe chemistry, unprotected battery. Do not use other unprotected batteries. AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery AW 18650 IMR Rechargeable Battery for SureFire® - Lithium (3.0-4.2v) - Batteries & Chargers - OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark One battery should last for a full day of vaping, so you will want to have two of them on hand.
1314148533158414842659.jpg

An exception for the Woodvil 801

Most Woodvils are threaded for 510/306 atomizers. Some Woodvils are native 801 threads. These require the use of 801 atomizers or the purchase of a 801:510 adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
What you need for the REO Grand or Woodvil:

The same things as the Mini Except

Both the REO Grand and REO Woodvil use a 3.7v rechargeable battery in the 18650 size. (the REO Woodvil has a slightly smaller battery compartment, but both readily accept the recommended battery). The recommended battery for both the REO Grand and Woodvil is the AW IMR 18650. This is a safe chemistry, unprotected battery. Do not use other unprotected batteries. AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery AW 18650 IMR Rechargeable Battery for SureFire® - Lithium (3.0-4.2v) - Batteries & Chargers - OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark One battery should last for a full day of vaping, so you will want to have two of them on hand.
1314148533158414842659.jpg

An exception for the Woodvil 801

Most Woodvils are threaded for 510/306 atomizers. Some Woodvils are native 801 threads. These require the use of 801 atomizers or the purchase of a 801:510 adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Good call, Mudlfap! Thanks mlinky! Nicely written!

Here are a couple extra notables:

1. What REOs come with: The mod, a reducer tube, a baggy of Noalox, one bottle installed and one extra bottle, and one business card with contact information for Robert as he is your best source for troubleshooting or other concerns.

2. When you purchase your REO, it will be shipped Priority with Signature. This is for your protection and Robert's protection. If you don't sign for it, the mail carrier will leave you a note that your package is waiting for you at the PO for pick-up. International shipping is extra and different....see Redeyedancer for details.

3. You may also want to invest in a selection of drip tips. These can be found at many of the suppliers out there like Mad Vapes, Clouds of Vapor, Avid Vapers, even juice suppliers like Alien Visions E Juice carry these.

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
  • Deleted by Rhapsodies Fire

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
What batteries should be used for the reo grand to go 6volt?

I've got the batteries and charger needed for 6 volt vaping in my Grand. To be honest, I never use them. I found the AW IMR high drain 18650 with LR attys/cartos delivers better than high voltage, so if money is tight, I'd start there.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
For 6v vaping, I've used a couple other mods. I found this great deal on rcr123a's here

That is a nice find.

I bought this kit from the same vendor and the shipping was just under $10.00. Too high, in my opinion, but I paid it anyway. I could have saved a few bucks ordering from Amazon, instead.

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Heh, I was just about to post that very battery junction page as an additional resource. As I only have two of these types of batteries, I think I'll have to get this. Thanks!

That is a nice find.

I bought this kit from the same vendor and the shipping was just under $10.00. Too high, in my opinion, but I paid it anyway. I could have saved a few bucks ordering from Amazon, instead.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Good call, Mudlfap! Thanks mlinky! Nicely written!

Here are a couple extra notables:

1. What REOs come with: The mod, a reducer tube, a baggy of Noalox, one bottle installed and one extra bottle, and one business card with contact information for Robert as he is your best source for troubleshooting or other concerns.

2. When you purchase your REO, it will be shipped Priority with Signature. This is for your protection and Robert's protection. If you don't sign for it, the mail carrier will leave you a note that your package is waiting for you at the PO for pick-up. International shipping is extra and different....see Redeyedancer for details.

3. You may also want to invest in a selection of drip tips. These can be found at many of the suppliers out there like Mad Vapes, Clouds of Vapor, Avid Vapers, even juice suppliers like Alien Visions E Juice carry these.

Just a question, I never got the reducer tube, Noalox or an extra bottle with my Woodvil. Any chance of getting some after the fact? I plan on ordering a mini soon, can I mention it on my order referencing this thread so they're included in my order?

Thanks

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Just a question, I never got the reducer tube, Noalox or an extra bottle with my Woodvil. Any chance of getting some after the fact? I plan on ordering a mini soon, can I mention it on my order referencing this thread so they're included in my order?

Thanks

Yes. PM replied to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread