Vaping is a Mimic Act of Smoking? I don't agree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Guys & Gals, I need your Advise and guidance. For most of here us who have vaped or Currently vaping, Do you agree with this Sentence? E-Cig / PVs / vaping are a mimic act of Smoking.

I don't agree but i still think that we are not even mimic(ing) as vaping is a new era of Tobacco smokes.
In the Past, People are unable to understands the tobacco Harms and they are unable to even create extracts of nicotine. Now we are in the 21st Century. E-cig came along using nicotine in liquids form but why are the Government so negative in accepting the fact that this is more healthier?

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I actually do agree -- the similarities are too strong and not accidental. People treasure their clouds and throat hit, which they want because it's like smoking. If it was solely about nicotine delivery, then the patch works better in many ways.

That said, I don't see that it matters. I know some legislation & lobbying brings it up as if that were an additional reason that it should be banned, but I don't see how that argument fits in with a real public health issue. I think we should push back in that manner: so what if it looks like smoking? It doesn't offer anywhere near the same health risks for the vaper, and completely eliminates any problem with shs. Its appearance is irrelevant.

les017

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights, CA
I actually do agree -- the similarities are too strong and not accidental. People treasure their clouds and throat hit, which they want because it's like smoking. If it was solely about nicotine delivery, then the patch works better in many ways.

That said, I don't see that it matters. I know some legislation & lobbying brings it up as if that were an additional reason that it should be banned, but I don't see how that argument fits in with a real public health issue. I think we should push back in that manner: so what if it looks like smoking? It doesn't offer anywhere near the same health risks for the vaper, and completely eliminates any problem with shs. Its appearance is irrelevant.

that's what i was gonna say

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I think most government find 1001 reason to put up a ban of e-cig.
To me, I think so what if it look like smoking, isn't the analog tobacco already on the market? The device in which we think is a creation to mimic tobacco analog at first but over the years till now, people are getting mods. And people can even vape non-nicotine. They serious don't even think positive on this but simply allow sales of tobacco. As is the number 1 income of most country.

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
Not only the TH and the vapor clouds, but e cigs give smokers the similarity of oral fixation, and wanting to use their hands. A patch on your arm might deliver nicotine, but it is far to passive. Smoking is as much of a psychological addiction as it is a physical one. So, vaping is very much a mimic of smoking. That's probably why those that vape can quit smoking analogs instantly, whereas even the patch and gum which deliver nicotine fail more often and people continue to smoke even when using them. It's probably also why vaping is never going to be as much of a smoking cessation method as much as it is an alternative nicotine delivery system.

The fact that carcinogens in vaping are 1/300th (at most) what are found in tobacco products, alone is enough to say "who cares if it looks and feels like smoking, who cares if it is an alternative and not a quit-smoking product, and WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK" The fact that you are putting an absorbable vapor into your lungs, and not small suit particles (the worst kind of air pollution imaginable), makes it even more "healthy" compared to smoking. Nevermind the hundreds of other chemicals.

The reason smoking needed to be banned in public facilities is because it was an affront to the health of those not doing it. Vaping isn't, and it is much healthier to the actual user. I'm glad it mimics smoking. When I think of vaping I think of the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland, and how, back when smoking was acceptable, it was OK to have a cartoon character in a children's movie puffing away on a hookah. In an ideal world people could enjoy smoking nearly guilt free. But the world is not ideal, and smoke in the lungs is one of the greatest health threats man has ever known.

Vaping on the other hand is about as close as that guilt-free smokers vision as is possible. With or without nicotine there is something alluring about the sight, smell, and taste of vapor clouds, which for all intents and purposes do mimic smoke.

Vaping does not mimic smoking 100%, but it is damn close. The few things it doesn't offer aren't missed by former smokers anyway. Smelly breath, smelly clothes, dirty ashtrays, burns in clothing, carpets, furniture, and skin, cigarette butts overflowing ashtrays and trashcans and littering yards and decks and porches and car floors.

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Root beer comes in brown bottles like beer. When you pour root beer into a glass it foams up like beer. We do not outlaw root beer because it looks like beer.

Smoke is not dangerous because of how it looks, smoke is dangerous because of what it is.

Root beer is not beer.
Vapor is not smoke.

neongirl

Jan 8, 2012
Malmö

I have been smoking for 28 years tried to quit several times, but nothing worked untill now. Bought my first e-ciggarett about three weeks ago havent had an analoge since that day feels so great:)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Root beer comes in brown bottles like beer. When you pour root beer into a glass it foams up like beer. We do not outlaw root beer because it looks like beer.

Smoke is not dangerous because of how it looks, smoke is dangerous because of what it is.

Root beer is not beer.
Vapor is not smoke.

Well there you go! Best reply I've heard yet and it's true. We've still got to live through the learning curve of those who are certain they know how we should live our lives. Eventually they'll come around, but by the time it's accepted as a good thing it will be taxed to the hilt and be very expensive. I do see a day when vaping will be allowed everywhere like cigarettes used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread