which e-cig makes most smoke/vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
new-b. im looking to purchase a e-cig which produces a good amount of smoke/vapor? any ideas?
why? im thinking its a psychological thing, if i dont see/feel smoke/vapors i going to feel im not smoking. trying to quit for years.
this may help/
thanks to all!!
great site
You are stuck in a catch 22.

to get the most vapor possible you will need a powerful 6v or otherwise modified e-cig that is going to look and feel like sucking on a flashlight so I have to wonder how much that is going to work for you psychologically.

The closer you get to what a real cigarette looks like the lower the performance is going to be.

The cigars and penstyles seem to offer better performance than the minis and super minis but not as good as the larger mod versions of e-cigs.

the mini's and super mini's are what is going to most resemble a real cigarette but they would fall at the bottom of the performance ladder.

The product that has been falling in the middle nicely for me is a janty dura c aka. JoyE 510 with manual batteries. look into it and I think you will like what you see.

DW

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I agree with Dumwaldo . . . the best vapor production tends to come from the less conventional looking e-cigs. Of my personal arsenal (Janty Kissbox, Janty Dura-C, Screwdriver, generic penstyle, generic DSE901, and PureSmoker Pilot), the Screwdriver is definitely the best in terms of throat hit and vapor production. (I have a JantyStick on order, and while I haven't yet tried it, I suspect it will provide vapor and throat hit similar to my Screwdriver, at least based on reviews I've seen thus far).

Having said that, though, I think many who are new to vaping are a bit more comfortable, at least in the beginning, with something that is somewhat close in size/shape to a cigarette.

With that in mind, I'd strongly suggest a 510-C (I have the Janty Dura-C). It's slightly longer and thicker than a conventional cigarette, but still close enough to a cigarette feel to keep most folks happy. It produces a good amount of vapor, especially considering its size. The other thing that's nice is the 510 provides a harsher vape, more reminiscent of smoking a tobacco cigarette than some other, smoother devices.

In my mind, the only downside to the 510 is the battery life is pretty short (for me, a couple of hours, sometimes less, but I'm a heavy vaper).

If you don't think that you need something cigarette-like to start off with, then I'd be looking at something like the Screwdriver, the JantyStick, or the Prodigy. I think any of those will pack a nice punch and provide more than enough vapor to keep you happy. Plus, their battery lives will put the 510 (and most other "traditional" models) to shame.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
In my mind, the only downside to the 510 is the battery life is pretty short (for me, a couple of hours, sometimes less, but I'm a heavy vaper).
Three letters...

PCC

the pocket charging case is a must have accessory for this e-cig. Not only does it insure ample supply of power for even the heaviest vaping all day long but it mimics a cigarette pack for carry purposes.

DW

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
You are stuck in a catch 22.

to get the most vapor possible you will need a powerful 6v or otherwise modified e-cig that is going to look and feel like sucking on a flashlight so I have to wonder how much that is going to work for you psychologically.

The closer you get to what a real cigarette looks like the lower the performance is going to be.

The cigars and penstyles seem to offer better performance than the minis and super minis but not as good as the larger mod versions of e-cigs.

the mini's and super mini's are what is going to most resemble a real cigarette but they would fall at the bottom of the performance ladder.

The product that has been falling in the middle nicely for me is a janty dura c aka. JoyE 510 with manual batteries. look into it and I think you will like what you see.

DW

I agree with most of this post, EXCEPT the "sucking on a flashlight" part. I can conceal my screwdriver just as will as any other ecig. I don't know why so many people (not just DW) make it seem like you are trying to vape form a baseball bat or something............. At is largest point the SD is only about 2.5 times the diameter of a 901 and it is shorter than my wife's 901.......

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Three letters...

PCC

the pocket charging case is a must have accessory for this e-cig. Not only does it insure ample supply of power for even the heaviest vaping all day long but it mimics a cigarette pack for carry purposes.

DW

Yup. But for me, it takes longer for the PCC to charge a battery than it takes for me to use one up. Yeah, I guess that's a sad commentary about how heavily I vape. :(

I also want to echo Elendil's observations about the Screwdriver. I don't know why, but I had envisioned it as being much larger. I'm able to vape discretely with it, basically palming it. Frankly, I take it out and about with me and no one seems to look at it more closely than my Dura-C. In fact, I get more looks with my Janty Kissbox than with the Dura-C or the Screwdriver, probably because it's a longer e-cig.

As much as I love my Screwdriver, I have to say that for me, I'm not sure if my transition from smoking to vaping would have been quite as easy had I started with the Screwdriver. My first e-cig was the Janty Dura (an automatic battery, not the manual), and it was very helpful to start with something that was about the same size and shape as a cigarette. It helped me get over that psychological hump. For other folks, the psychological aspect of size/shape may not be nearly as important when first starting out.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
I agree with most of this post, EXCEPT the "sucking on a flashlight" part. I can conceal my screwdriver just as will as any other ecig. I don't know why so many people (not just DW) make it seem like you are trying to vape form a baseball bat or something............. At is largest point the SD is only about 2.5 times the diameter of a 901 and it is shorter than my wife's 901.......
I think I can answer that but I have to answer it with my own questions back at you.

How long can you suspend the screwdriver between your teeth without holding it?

I have a 4081 hanging from my mouth for the entire day when I am at work. I dont suck on it constantly but it is hanging from my mouth for the best part of the day.

Ok now one more question. How comfortable is it curled between your pointer finger and middle finger like a cigarette?

Chances are if my e-cig is not in my mouth it is in my hand. Keeping it between my fingers like a cigarette I can still use that hand for the most part. I did the same thing with the real cigarettes for a lot of years so it just feels natural there.

See the larger units might deliver a better physical experience in big strong hits, it suffers in the psychological cigarette replacement department by not being able to accommodate most of the mannerisms associated with smoking.

I do see your side though and in the future I am really going to make an effort to stop using the phrase 'sucking on a flashlight'.

DW

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I think I can answer that but I have to answer it with my own questions back at you.

How long can you suspend the screwdriver between your teeth without holding it?

I have a 4081 hanging from my mouth for the entire day when I am at work. I dont suck on it constantly but it is hanging from my mouth for the best part of the day.

Ok now one more question. How comfortable is it curled between your pointer finger and middle finger like a cigarette?

Chances are if my e-cig is not in my mouth it is in my hand. Keeping it between my fingers like a cigarette I can still use that hand for the most part. I did the same thing with the real cigarettes for a lot of years so it just feels natural there.

See the larger units might deliver a better physical experience in big strong hits, it suffers in the psychological cigarette replacement department by not being able to accommodate most of the mannerisms associated with smoking.

I do see your side though and in the future I am really going to make an effort to stop using the phrase 'sucking on a flashlight'.

DW

I do not even attempt either of the things you asked. I keep my SD on a lanyard around my neck so it is always within easy reach and my hands are free.

SweetPeaZZ

May 11, 2009
GA/AL border
the only thing i can post about is the 901. it's the only one i own. or owned since i lost it! not even in my possession for an entire week! but i ordered another... or should i say a buttload more??

i like it. smooth, easy draw... takes some getting used to. there's a video posted up top that is a great "intro to vaping" that i think all new e-cig users would find helpful.

tikva

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
I just wrote a long detailed post and it disappeared into cyberspace.:evil:
The short version is; I'm a newbie too (<2 wks) but have already bought several models (and gone broke...). I have a penstyle, 901, M401, and the Titan (510). The 510 is white because I wanted it to look as much as possible like a "real cigarette". I got over that real fast and my M401 is black w/gold design and blue LED. The 901 is blue metallic. My favorite for vapor and throat hit is the 510. I also like the penstyle but only use that at home because it's so big.

I have to agree with Dumwaldo. I too need my PV to be ~the same size and shape as a regular cig because I also hold it between my fingers as a matter of habit, even when I'm not vaping. I need the "feel" of it. The SD, and all the other mods I've seen are just too inconvenient for that. And, sorry mod lovers, but as an artist aesthetics ARE important to me. All the mods I've seen are just too damn ugly and just plain stupid looking. I don't think I'm the only person who cares about aesthetics---otherwise there wouldn't be the colours and designs available. But, since they have better batteries and vapor, I also agree with RazorNribbonz. Use a mod at home (so no one can see how ugly and stupid looking they are) for physical needs, and use a 510/M401 for public/emotional needs.;)

*although even hidden away at home, I'd still be holding my 510/M401 and just using a mod when absolutely necessary* (Can't anyone manage to make one that doesn't look like it fell out of a toolbox?):rolleyes:

iorg

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
Salt Lake, UT
This seems like a good place to bring up a question I have....which stick provides the best flavor? Is there a noticeable difference between them?
Let me say that when I was browsing around looking to get my first ecig, I was mostly concerned with vapor and throat hit....so I went with the 510 and I am glad I did. I got a great amount of vapor and a good throat hit with it, but i know that it runs a little hotter then other sticks, which I feel might make it lose a little bit of the flavor over some of the other brands....
So, that being said, to the people that have used multiple styles, is there a difference in the flavor produced?

Vapinginjapan

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
I'm REALLY surprised nobody has mentioned this.

But all of the loongtotem derivatives (vapor king, red dragon, etc..) are FAMOUS for producing absurd amounts of vapor, in a cigarette form factor, and for having an extremely easy system of use.

These are generally the kings of vapor production in a cigarette form factor, and from everything I've read, will give a screwdriver a run for it's money, or beat it, for raw vapor production.

Throat hit is another matter entirely, and I believe they perform poorly in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread