• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

INFINITY MOD, final report: FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Well, got the replacement as you all know (around 2/20), and it was working fine. Right up until TODAY (3/18) Same problem as before. The on button stays switched on, and burns the atty out and overheats. To get it to shut off, I have to take out the batteries. I'm done. Can't trust it. I'll try to get in touch with the builder again, but this thing is going in the trash can. :(

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Very sorry to hear that. Maybe the Prodigy is for you (no adjustments though). Mine has been working flawlessly for over 4 months now and there isn't much to go wrong (like a flashlight you can vape).

nah, i've still got the provari, so i'm good. i just really loved how that infinity worked...while it worked. :( i think i'm done w/mod mania for a while. think i'll just stick w/what i've got for a change.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
think i'll just stick w/what i've got for a change.

I'm w/ you. Not happy with the Infinity. The adjusting dial doesn't turn very easily and the "white-out" they splooched on there is just about gone so I can't really tell where I'm at unless I dial it all the way back. On the other hand, LOVE my eGo!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'm w/ you. Not happy with the Infinity. The adjusting dial doesn't turn very easily and the "white-out" they splooched on there is just about gone so I can't really tell where I'm at unless I dial it all the way back. On the other hand, LOVE my eGo!

me, too. still using my eGos!

Me three on the eGo! Even after over 2 months of basically straight ProVari, occassions have occured that had the eGo a better unit to be using. I had forgotten how nice it was not to have tissues with me to clean out the well of loose juice.
It truly is the perfect unit.

I'm sorry the Infinity didn't work out for you ladies.
EW - you did contact them so you could get your money back and not actually round file it, right?

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Never had an Infinity..but...I have had ALOT of mods. This Ego tank..only have one atty I traded for...is the bees knees. Just wish I could afford more. Mods are great for sittin at home with. But just not doable for a workin man or woman.

kind of with you on that! they're no good in the car, for sure! try Best electronic cigarettes_ecigarettes_eliquids_ejuices - Heaven Gifts for cheaper eGo-T accessories. takes a while to ship, but less spendy than other stores. $3 shipping!

Me three on the eGo! Even after over 2 months of basically straight ProVari, occassions have occured that had the eGo a better unit to be using. I had forgotten how nice it was not to have tissues with me to clean out the well of loose juice.
It truly is the perfect unit.

i think my next purchase will be an eGo-T atomizer and cartridges from heaven-gifts.com. the cone T-attys take the regular ego battery, so it's a cheap way to try it out.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Sadly, I'm stuck on the higher voltage units...an eGo just wouldn't satisfy.

So I'll just stick with the fisty, the SB, and the flippy...

didn't someone make an eGo mod called a "hello" or something? i thought it was a 5volt. it's been a while since i saw it.

update: yeah, it's called a "hello 016", but it's NOT high voltage. sorry for confusion.

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
oh no, someone stop me...i just found this: Search Products | Ink, Craft Products and Crafting Tools | Ranger Ink and under the product "alcohol ink" it says that the ink will dye METAL (and other smooth surfaces)...think i should try it on my provari? i could always try it on one of my brushed stainless spoons or something to see how it looks:)

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
oh no, someone stop me...i just found this: Search Products | Ink, Craft Products and Crafting Tools | Ranger Ink and under the product "alcohol ink" it says that the ink will dye METAL (and other smooth surfaces)...think i should try it on my provari? i could always try it on one of my brushed stainless spoons or something to see how it looks:)

Please do this and report back..... This could lead to fun fun fun

I mean no....... don't ................... stop...................wait............
Never mind DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Well, up here in the frozen north, EW had a problem with hers - TWICE. That's enough for her to say the device failed for her....and her opinion matters to us up here.

But thanks for playing. We don't attempt to pick fights in the Cheddar Curtain, so please refrain from posting in our social forum unless you have something constructive to add.

ktksbye

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Well, up here in the frozen north, EW had a problem with hers - TWICE. That's enough for her to say the device failed for her....and her opinion matters to us up here.

But thanks for playing. We don't attempt to pick fights in the Cheddar Curtain, so please refrain from posting in our social forum unless you have something constructive to add.

ktksbye

THANKS VICKS! And who FLAMES on other people's social forums anyway? Mr. Clarke, wanna buy my INFINITY since you are an unobjective FANBOI? It'll look nice in your drawer of broken mods. Otherwise, go back limpbizkitland.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Please do this and report back..... This could lead to fun fun fun

I mean no....... don't ................... stop...................wait............
Never mind DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know, i'll try it on the short end cap first (since i never use the shorty batts), which has the media blasted finish, too. if it looks nice, i'll ink the whole thing! i ordered red, yellow, purple and green. :)-

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
lol. u guys fail..

When I browse ECF I press the New Posts button, I saw this title, and disagree. Infinity is win. Mike aka Buzzkill will repairs urs again or give you a new one I'm sure. Your device might actually have some faults. Just tell Mike and he'll fix you up.

No need to call me a FanBoi as I have given my Infinity to a new Vaper, but for the time I've had it I had 0 problems. And judging by the overall community comments, the Infinity is being well perceived.

I appreciate your kindness!

Last edited:

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
you know, i'll try it on the short end cap first (since i never use the shorty batts), which has the media blasted finish, too. if it looks nice, i'll ink the whole thing! i ordered red, yellow, purple and green. :)-

OH NO! Looks like I'm too late. Oh well, as long as you ordered - will you have something in red, yellow, purple or green to show in JC?:?:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Dear IC:

You don't know EW very well. Let me put it this way - the dog on the right is her pet pit bull!:2cool:

lol? I've had Pitbulls, Bull Terriers, and Amercan Staffordshire's as dogs.. I am a dog. Bring it on!

Anyways, sorry to to have posted in your social corner here.. I failed to even look what subforum that was.. However, it is within my rights to post in the forum. We all have opinions based on our own experiences. This is what makes a good forum a truly great one. We share and comment on each other's posts.

Regardless, all the best to all of you, and may the force be with you up in the cold North, while I enjoy the 80 degrees today! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread