Status
Not open for further replies.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I had my purple one apart it seemed like sometime it wasn't firing right, I thought maybe that little metal lip wasn't hitting the battery right so I pulled it all apart cleaned it out with rubbing alcohol tried to move that metal piece forward put it all back togeather and I haven't had a problem with it since.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I removed my screw once and I'll never do it again. It was next to impossible for me to line it up with the female on the other side of the Reo. I had to pry with a screw driver the plastic piece to be able to get things to line up as the switch on mine blocks the bolt from lining up with the other end. I think most Reos arent like this though.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I would prefer it if no one removed the cover.There are some mods that are not the easiest to get them back on.I have had a hand full of people do this and strip out the threads. You no the saying if its not broke leave it alone :)I would also appreciate it if people didn't post picks of the inner working of my mods

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
i can understand the desire for privacy, i had to tear mines down the other day cause i had a leak somewhere in the tubing and i HAD to track it down so i would not have to send it in
I am going to put heavier tubing in the mod so this wont be a issue in the future.I would have done the same nice work :)

scubasteve25

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
texas
I am going to put heavier tubing in the mod so this wont be a issue in the future.I would have done the same nice work :)

it was a tiny tear in the tube, a real PITA to track down, i guess the tube moved around too much and the brass feed tube punctured it a little right where it connects. trimmed the tube down, worked it back on there and on my way i went. so glad i didn't have to send it in to get looked at.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I removed/replaced said cover a couple of times on my Grand when replacing the feeder tube. I took pictures and e-mailed them to China. They replied that the inner workings made too much sense, appeared to be too reliable, and would crush their resale market.
lol good one my friend but your probably right mechanical mods are not something a big company is going to want

it was a tiny tear in the tube, a real PITA to track down, i guess the tube moved around too much and the brass feed tube punctured it a little right where it connects. trimmed the tube down, worked it back on there and on my way i went. so glad i didn't have to send it in to get looked at.
It can happen or I may have got some glue on the tube it does weaken it a bit nice work Steve :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I removed/replaced said cover a couple of times on my Grand when replacing the feeder tube. I took pictures and e-mailed them to China. They replied that the inner workings made too much sense, appeared to be too reliable, and would crush their resale market.

:) They don't work off pictures, they work off an actual product.

Chinese R&D ....... Receive and Duplicate :)

ComaKid

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
I removed my screw once and I'll never do it again. It was next to impossible for me to line it up with the female on the other side of the Reo. I had to pry with a screw driver the plastic piece to be able to get things to line up as the switch on mine blocks the bolt from lining up with the other end. I think most Reos arent like this though.

I had a similar experience. It can be tricky to get that screw back in. Awhile back I took mine apart to see how it worked and it also makes it easier to get the tube back on the brass nipple after cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread