HELP! My ego-T Battery Stopped Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwontgiveup

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto
Hello Everyone,

I bought my ego-T about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. That was until today. I was just sitting there vaping, and when I went to take another drag, no vapor came out. I looked at the led on the battery and it was flashing (about 10-15 times). After it stopped flashing, it wouldn't turn on any more. So I thought the battery might have been dead, so I went to recharge it, but the charger lights up "green" and is reading it as fully charged.

So I tried to vape it again, and nothing. It doesn't light up, charge, or vape any more. I'm a casual smoker, so I don't vape all day. Probably 1-4 times a day and I take really good care of it, so what could possibly be the problem??

Thanks for your help everyone. :(

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
If its what i think , you might want to try this first before you scrap it....
This is the advice i got when i was having that problem with a riva 901

What tends to happen is the center pin on the battery gets depressed too far, especially if using cartos or if an atty is screwed on too tight. The battery is probably fine, just that center pin needs pulling up, it looks a little like a screw head, you should be able to get a pin UNDER the head and pull it up, corner by corner. This should bring it closer to the charger center pin. This solves virtually all battery problems.

hope it works for ya :)

iwontgiveup

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto
STRANGE ????????????????
I went into recovery mode last night and slept for 9 hours before i could recharge myself :laugh:
Well yeah, I found it strange because the batteries were already fully charged and this happened out of nowhere. I barely vape, so it was definitely not because the battery was dead. Damn recovery modes!

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
Well yeah, I found it strange because the batteries were already fully charged and this happened out of nowhere. I barely vape, so it was definitely not because the battery was dead. Damn recovery modes!

Sounds like you got stuck in "OFF" mode. It happens when you click it repeatedly. putting it on the charger resets the safety switch. The click feature is new, but you might have a bad board in this one-if it does this again the circuit board might be the problem

vinyl

Mar 18, 2011
singapore
I think I might be encountering the same problem, battery wasnt working fresh off the box, plug it into charger, led blinks then charger lights turn red. After fully charged (charger lights turns green), still not working, however when i plug it into the charger, led light blinks, charger lights go red for a few minutes before going back to green to show fully charged, any advice ppl? its a completely new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread