Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Hear ye, hear ye! They are trying to do the same thing to us they have done to those in New York...
I have written and called representatives. We'll see what happens next.
With the recent swift kick in the pants of the FDA by 2 courts, I don't think they will have enforcement power, even if the law passes. The first to be fined will sue and I'm thinking will win when they see the FDA is in the wrong and has no jurisdiction in the matter. That's my opinion, anyway.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Both of the letters are awesome and I especially like the follow-up letter. It doesn't get simpler than that and it hits all the main points and signed by an M.D. also makes it very credible. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy portions of the letter and write to my legislators again!

We don't mind at all.

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The first to be fined will sue and I'm thinking will win when they see the FDA is in the wrong and has no jurisdiction in the matter. That's my opinion, anyway.

Just imagine the legal fees involved in suing a state. Appeals and more appeals! State Supreme Court and may be US Supreme Court. Not sure the e-cig industry is big enough financially to pay those legal fees even if all the suppliers pooled together. Not a good thing.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Ok, I got a seemingly positive response back from the state senator (Randy McNally) in my district. I did send him an e-mail, but I hand wrote it with my personal story, and a link back to the CASAA letters. I basically asked that he look at section 18 closer because there has been a lot of misunderstanding about the bill only pertaining to the sale to minors. I of course reinforced that I'm also against selling to minors but as an adult e-cigs will help me live to see my little girl get married some day in the (very) distant future. Here is the response I received:

Steve:

Thank you for your recent communication regarding SB910. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me on this matter.

I share your concerns on section 18 and will be glad to talk to Sen. Overbey about modificaton or removal of the section.

You have my assurance that your concerns and suggestions, as well as those of my other constituents, will be reflected in my decision making process as the Senate continues its work.

Randy

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I'm usually not one for writing my representatives, so I'm excited that I got a response. I will add that I had originally sent one of the form letters online and got nothing. I decided something more personal may be helpful and I guess it is. It looks like another member in the TN local forum got his senator to also come out against the ban, so maybe there will be more :)

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Ok, I got a seemingly positive response back from the state senator (Randy McNally) in my district.

Nice!
If mine bother to write back at all about anything it is a form letter that says, "Dear Sir, I am reluctant to get involved with that issue as I feel it is a judicial matter."

They also always find a way to misspell my name.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Nice!
If mine bother to write back at all about anything it is a form letter that says, "Dear Sir, I am reluctant to get involved with that issue as I feel it is a judicial matter."

They also always find a way to misspell my name.

Seriously? Are they not aware that their colleagues made this a legislative issue by introducing/sponsoring the bill? Since they are legislators, they are involved whether they like it or not.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
You'd think with the ...., road problems, supposed lack of school funding and supposed catastrophic budget short fall in this state that the least of their concerns would be a pv and eliquid. I hate to say it but I'm with J. Ventura. Yes he's a nut but he made a statement the other day that rings true. We are beginning to be under one large dictatorship known as Republicans & Democrats and nothing is gonna change until they are run completely out of office. What happened to common folks with common sense?

If these idiots go through with this what will be the real results? What has been the real impact on NY?

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
You'd think with the ...., road problems, supposed lack of school funding and supposed catastrophic budget short fall in this state that the least of their concerns would be a pv and eliquid. I hate to say it but I'm with J. Ventura. Yes he's a nut but he made a statement the other day that rings true. We are beginning to be under one large dictatorship known as Republicans & Democrats and nothing is gonna change until they are run completely out of office. What happened to common folks with common sense?

If these idiots go through with this what will be the real results? What has been the real impact on NY?

New York has not banned PVs. It has only passed through one vote in the Assembly -- it still has 4-6 votes left before it would need to be signed by the governor.

Have you contacted your representative Southern Gent?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Seriously? Are they not aware that their colleagues made this a legislative issue by introducing/sponsoring the bill? Since they are legislators, they are involved whether they like it or not.

Sadly I am serious.

Over the years I've written many letters about many different issues to US Senators and HR members here at home. They like to ride the fence when talking with constitutes and simply vote the party line.

Most of them ARE members of the Bar, and if they don't still practice themselves on the side, you can almost bet your bottom dollar they have family and friends who are! Many even 'judges'.

For a long time now I've worried that the US public has been distracted a bit. Loads of attention on the Executive and Legislative branches...but the judicial branch has gone pretty much unchecked for a long long time. It's very hard to do anything at all in the USA now...try to start a company, a new town, a corp, and some court will shut you down...or at least 'hold you up and delay you' till you're flat broke and your dreams are just a bad memory.

Is there anything left at all that is not dangerous, unethical, or patented yet kept unaccessible? Hey, we'll pay the patents and royalties...but the courts won't even let that happen! So....they just fly to some other country and build it instead....

PVs aren't allowed in school...but hell yeah....them boys can bang heads playing football or hockey! That's good fer ya to put on 300lbs by the time you're 17 and run head first into someone as hard as you can some 200 times a day; however, if we catch you drinking a soda with SUGAR in it...or your skirt is too short...you're gonna be in TROUBLE!

Last edited:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
I like girls in short skirts who vape!

But in all seriousness, tomorrow's the hearing in the capitol. So whose going?
I hope we hear some good news by the end of the day tomorrow!!

Vapers will be represented tomorrow -- Steve from PureSmoker will definitely be there, and CASAA has been in touch with a couple others who are going to attempt to make it out.

Things are looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread