Doctors visit regarding COPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I quit smoking for my final time 16 months ago when I started vaping. I started smoking 55 years ago when I was 15. I had been diagnosed with COPD a few years prior and knew I had to quit or I would soon be on oxygen like my brother and many friends are or were, my brother just died in Jan, because of smoking for over 50 years . I tried my best but although I had quit for five years once and ten years another time I couldn't stay quit this time. I tried other nicotine substitutes but nothing worked until I tried vaping. To make a long story short I went for my annual check up and I was real curious about my lungs and how they were doing. The last time I had my lungs checked the doctor said my lungs sounded like an accordian so I was anxious to find out how they sounded now after vaping for 16 months. I knew I no longer wheezed or coughed but what would they sound like to the doctor. He was amazed and I was delighted because he said they sounded really good. I told him I hadn't had a single cold in 16 months although I take care of my grandkids and they have had lots of colds but I haven't had a single one. I told him I can't prove it but I think it because of the PG I vape. He was real interested in them because this was at the VA hospital and there are many ol vets like me that have COPD. So I pulled out my Go-Go and showed him how it vaped right there in the examining room. He was pretty amazed and wanted to know where I bought them and how much they cost and how often I used it. lol I am going to start carrying cards with me to hand out.
Besides all of that my cholestoral was perfect and my blood pressure was perfect so I'm a happy ol codger today. :)

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
awsome! now tell that to the WA state legislators :)
I quit smoking for my final time 16 months ago when I started vaping. I started smoking 55 years ago when I was 15. I had been diagnosed with COPD a few years prior and knew I had to quit or I would soon be on oxygen like my brother and many friends are or were, my brother just died in Jan, because of smoking for over 50 years . I tried my best but although I had quit for five years once and ten years another time I couldn't stay quit this time. I tried other nicotine substitutes but nothing worked until I tried vaping. To make a long story short I went for my annual check up and I was real curious about my lungs and how they were doing. The last time I had my lungs checked the doctor said my lungs sounded like an accordian so I was anxious to find out how they sounded now after vaping for 16 months. I knew I no longer wheezed or coughed but what would they sound like to the doctor. He was amazed and I was delighted because he said they sounded really good. I told him I hadn't had a single cold in 16 months although I take care of my grandkids and they have had lots of colds but I haven't had a single one. I told him I can't prove it but I think it because of the PG I vape. He was real interested in them because this was at the VA hospital and there are many ol vets like me that have COPD. So I pulled out my Go-Go and showed him how it vaped right there in the examining room. He was pretty amazed and wanted to know where I bought them and how much they cost and how often I used it. lol I am going to start carrying cards with me to hand out.
Besides all of that my cholestoral was perfect and my blood pressure was perfect so I'm a happy ol codger today. :)

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks and there are probably hundreds if not thousands of stories just like mine that need to be told. Maybe not thousands my age yet anyways but could be the story of tens of thousands if the correct message was being sent by our legislatures and doctors. The doctors can be won over one doctor at a time because they can see first hand the difference vaping makes. I'm fortunate I was able to quit for ten years once and five years once and that gave my lungs a 15 year break or I would already have been on oxygen or dead like my brother who started smoking the same time I did. I watched my dad die the slow death of emphezema, it isn't pretty. I just spent 14 days at my brothers bedside in ICU as he died from heart failure caused from smoking and it wasn't pretty either. I don't mean to sound depressing but it is what it is and so many lives can be saved and spared if can get our message across to the powers that be. I have written some legislatures and plan on doing more now that I've found my perfect PV and don't have to spend all my time searching every new thing. lol I can actually take some time to read a forum like this and be inspired by someone like glowgirl. What an awesome story she told.:)

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Across-the-Pond-England-UK
TX...Just a quick reply here.. I was diagnosed with COPD about 2 years ago, as my lung functions were down to 89% and the constant colds and chest infections where drained my very life away,antibiotic's were not working anymore ..It is not very nice.. I was trying to work as a construction carpenter at the time and I just could no even talk without being out of breath.

Well I finally ended up in hospital being very ill..I finally got better and started smoking again.yeah I know .. just to get the fix I needed.. Nicotine... that is,..you know the stuff these cigarette manufacture's make sure you get hooked on,and will kill you in the end...

Then 18 months ago I started vaping ...not the toy's that looked like a cig that flooded the market but the proper devices we can get here from solid members and that we could control the ammount of nic we needed...now my lungs function 98% and at 62 yrs of age and smoking 2/3 packs marlboro a day for say 40 yrs..I do not get colds anymore my lungs are not wheezing like n old squeezebox anymore.... My doctors at the hospital cannot understand how ?? when I showed them the device I use They wanted to know where I got it, and how I use it..I am in the UK I would be willing to be a patient at any test to keep this not being banned here or anywhere else..

Just keep doing what your doing and keep that 6'x6' plot of land empty as long as possible:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread