Twisted Drip Tips Mod to work with Cartos bonus Darwin Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
This Question I have seen in many different places. How do you make a Carto Drip Tip? That or the complaint that using a drip tip with a cart ends up with a gurgling splashing angry carto the next hit. Well here's an easy solution that makes your drip tip Universal. You can still drip into your classic 510 or 901, the liquid will stick to the walls by default, but the wick will pull the liquid up from the sides.

There is only one thing you need to know. Its all in the Bevel.

You only need a drip tip that starts with a decent sized bottom end hole. It needs to be of a soft material, soft enough to shave with a pocket knife. This has worked great on the Twisted Drip Tips from Drew at NHaler.com and I would guess that delrin tips very well may work as well.

I merely took a good sharp pocket knife, the Old Timer handed down from my father worked great. I took the edge of the hole and shaved it outward. There are detailed pictures I will link showing the effect. The actual process is just spinning the drip tip in your fingers while shaving away on the inner edge of the hole. You want a good deep angle in the end and it should come out flush to the outer rim. The best tip I can give is shave the smallest amount you can off at a time, like peeling a potato. Keep the angle very small and spin away. You will get slivers coming off like fingernails if you are doing it well.

The bevel going from the inner tube to the outer rim tracks the juice outward and against the wall. I can drop 10 drops full speed into a carto and then take off the drip tip and look into the middle of the stuffing and not a bit of liquid ended up dropping into the middle. When I go for the first hit, there is no gurgle or popping of juice.

Voila!

I hope this helps those out there who are loving the quality on the new cartos!

Twisted Drip Tip Secret.jpg
Twisted DripTip CloseUp.jpg
Both Twisted Tips plus Carto.jpg
Twisted Drip Tip Another Angle.jpg
Two Favorite Vapes.jpg

Last edited:

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
No problem! I am amazed at how well it ensures the drops slip directly down the sides of the tube, I can pour drips full speed and rarely end up with any in the middle any more. I almost always used to take off the drip tip on cartos because dripping ended up landing in the middle gurgling then spitting hot liquid up if I use it in the next few minutes.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Boy I thought this would be useful for someone.

Well, first of all we don't have your father's "Old Timer" magic knife:laugh:
Second, the dirlin drip tip has thin walls and this method will just damage the tip.

But the idea is great. I'm sure many ppl wants to use this method but it can't be done for the most of the cheap tips.

morepyro

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
Mooresville, NC
Thanks Arvidx. It works just like you said for easy dripping.

I don't have my father's "Old Timer" knife because, well, he's still using it. But I do carry the same kind (Swiss Army Executive) every day.

I'm using the shorty delrin drip tip from MadVapes and had no problem with the wall thickness. It's got plenty to spare for this.

I started with the knife, but it was slow going because I haven't sharpened it for a while. So I used a tapered die grinder bit in a cordless drill to speed things up. Easy to control the speed, and not take out too much material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread