Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Hope this is the right forum to post this..... I had no intention to quit smoking when my son introduced and purchased my eGo. I tried it and I've been analog free going on 7 months. I have not had any desire for an analog since day one of vaping and I still feel it's (vaping) a miracle!

Prior to vaping, I don't recall having dreams of me smoking but lately, I'm smoking analogs in my dreams or trying to bum one from total strangers by walking and sometimes actually running a long distance begging for a ciggy.... I NEVER bummed cigs when I smoked. When I wake up, the vivid dream of me smoking is so very real 8-o. I vape before going to bed so I don't think it's low or high nicotine in my system for the 8 hours while sleeping. What are in those analogs besides nicotine that make you freakin' dream about them after you've quit for over 7 months? Scary!!

I'm wondering if dreams of smoking are common for vapers who vape 100%? Of course, I'm relieved that my smoking was only in my dreams but these dreams are becoming more common, at least a couple times a week or more. During the day, I never think of wanting a cig but I do remember the dream which is also weird because I usually don't remember dreaming. I hope these dreams of smoking or running and begging for a cig will cease. These dreams are not nightmares but I do remember the anxiety of wanting then getting that cig to smoke.... I've been 7 months analog free and now I'm having these freakin' dreams of smoking:grr:

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I never quit smoking because of hearing stories like your quitting for 3.5 years then going back.... How long have you been vaping and glad to hear you're 99% cig free. I'm 100% cig free except when I'm dreaming. Never experienced night sweats, just minor agitation and dry mouth in the beginning but it's all gone now..... Thought I was home free until these dreams started. I am glad the smoking is only in my dreams but I do want the dreams of smoking cigs to stop as I would rather be vaping in my dreams LOL

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Very true Stownz about universal law.....but I do not want nor desire a cig in my waking hours....it's never an issue. Even after the dreams, I don't desire or want a cig.... weird, it has to be my sub-conscious but I think I'm still coming off a brain altering chemical that is in analogs.

What in the heck is a CE2R4? I experienced something for the first time yesterday. I was walking in an outside parking lot, no one was around at all. The air was reaking with the smell of cigarette smoke as though someone was actually standing there in front of me smoking. Now I understand why my son would get upset with smelling my cig smoke even though I was not smoking. I never noticed the lingering smoke smell when I smoked but I surely did yesterday.

We always want what we cannot have, universal law of humanity. Even when you smoke a cig, and it taste like a bad CE2R4, you finish it off because there is a satisfaction in the sin of it.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I had those dreams (very vivid and realistic) may be for a month around 8-10 months in but not anymore.

So very true.... Vivid and soooo realistic. Guess I'm on track like your experience since I'm going into 8 months cig free. I feel much better and hope these dreams will go away in a month. Thanks for sharing

pigelty

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Long Island
I had used hypnosis and still currently use (and, "N"joy vaping---excuse the pun lol) the PV.

Had ONE dream of smoking. The hypnosis really played a roll in my reaction, as the hypnotherapist used negative images that appeared in my dream when I attempted to smoke the cig I bummed off someone.

It's just the subconscious.

uzer

May 10, 2011
Cave Creek, AZ
From talking to smokers I know who have quit, dreams about smoking are very much a part of the process. None of the quitters I know were vaping when they quit, but it seems their dreams came about 8 months to a year after quitting... Also I used Chantix once and noticed a change in my dreaming as listed in the side effects.

I think that nicotine brain chemistry is very much related to dreaming ... I've quit other addictions without ever experiencing a "dreaming" side effect.

The same happened to me. In fact I don't recall dreaming of smoking while I was actually a smoker.. and then, as a vaper, I had dreams where I suddenly realised that I had a cigarette in my hand and it was so weird during the dream itself (like "now why am I smoking this? I've quit!").
I think it happened 3 times, but not anymore (look down in my signature, 1 year and a half) and not even happened the weeks immediately after quitting; I guess the first dream at 2 months and the third/last dream a couple months later.
Now it looks like it's all solved... even in the subconscious :)

I quit as soon as my vape juices came in and now almost a week, I have some dreams like those. There are over 4,000 chemicals that we become addicted to. Bleach, ammonia, and other chemicals that subsequently become addicting over time when smoking analogs. I thought the switch would be easy (nicotine for nicotine, right?). Wrong, the nicotine is a big part of the whole ordeal. However; not entirely reliant on nicotine. I have found brushing teeth and drinking a glass of water at night can help remove some of the taste. Also, I find myself walking out of a store, and reach for a cigarette and realize that all I have is my ecig. I don't want an analog I think they are down right nasty now, but it's the habit of "walk out and reach". bad habit to kick. The dreams also come from the synthetic nicotine. Same with patches and gum and related, there is a side effect of vivid dreams. Try cutting back the ecig an hour earlier before bed. Good luck everyone.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Did you ever quit smoking without the PV? When I used the patch, the dreams about smoking started up, and I attributed it to some strange chemical in the adhesive. At that time, you were supposed to wear the patch for 24 hours. In addition to dreaming about smoking, I was having vivid, colorful nightmares.

Dreams about smoking continued after I went off the patch, but the nightmares were (thankfully) gone. Dreaming about smoking miight be your subconscious telling you that your nicotine levels are down. I had to increase from 16-28 mg to 24 mg in order to stop the problems I had with staying alert and concentrating.

I did have a dream last night that something I picked up had a cigarette hole burned into it, but I quickly stated, "It wasn't me. I quit smoking over 2 years ago!" I did not even see a cigarette in the dream -- just the damage it had done.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
I never quit smoking because of hearing stories like your quitting for 3.5 years then going back.... How long have you been vaping and glad to hear you're 99% cig free. I'm 100% cig free except when I'm dreaming. Never experienced night sweats, just minor agitation and dry mouth in the beginning but it's all gone now..... Thought I was home free until these dreams started. I am glad the smoking is only in my dreams but I do want the dreams of smoking cigs to stop as I would rather be vaping in my dreams LOL

My step mom almost died back in May or so... They are weening her off the drugs she was taking. Whole bunch of stuff that was messing with her blood pressure and blood sugar. She had to cut out sweets (wonder if people who diet do the same thing) so she was dreaming about eating cake and chocolate and other things she is not allowed to eat for the time being.

I haven't noticed that I have been smoking in dreams or not. But if you were smoking for the better part of your life I'd think it would be natural to be dreaming about them for a while.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not a shrink or anything but it stands to reason.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had rather vivid dreams for a week or so after I quit smoking and just vaped. Those went away as fast as they arrived, but I don't remember smoking in them. It's probably some part of your subconscious that still wants the habit back. I have little episodes where I get this sudden desire to reach for a pack when I walk into the kitchen and occasionally after a meal. I just laugh and think top myself, "Hah, I don't do that anymore!", and it goes right away.

Time heals and vaping takes away the pains of quitting.

Jfresh859

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
That fire safe stuff is pretty safe, so it can't be that, or the chemical additives.... My guess is the paper.. Haha
Also something that always concerned me was the ink. Ink is bad, and per. Cig it's minimal. But some brands have logo right at the ...., others like American spirits print on a bigger chunk. I wonder how much smokes ink we consumed per month smoking a pack a day of ink cigs....

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I once managed to quit smoking for a week or so. I started having vivid dreams of luxuriously smoking cigarettes.

I bought some 12 mg eliquid and was craving cigarettes. I took a nap and had a dream about smoking. I had already decided to purchase some 24 mg and I know I will be using strong liquid since that is my brain telling me I am not getting enough nicotine:) At least while I am quitting the stinkies. One day at a time for me. I love smoking but I am not breathing as well as I used to and ecigs is so much better than stinkies for my breathing. I feel better, more energetic and I haven't even managed to totally quit yet. Once I have the right set up, I think I will manage to quit no problem.

maurice.osborne

Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
I really found the switch to e-cigs sparked nightly increadibly vivid dreams and it's been about 4 weeks now and they aren't subsiding. I'm finding I wake up and feel like I had been busy all night and for the first hour of the morning I'm exhausted. I'm glad it sounds like they will graudually subside, although if you do end up in a lucid nicotine induced dream, it can be quite remarkable. I'll miss those I'm sure. I should probably limit vaping before bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread