Albuquerque, NM
Last edited:

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
LOL - Dusty are you reading this comments? Guess you better work on your smoke rings. Great product - bad smoke rings (LOL)

I just received my DSE901 from CaSHMeRe - See Mr. Darcy, I do buy different types - okay so this is only my 2nd mini :) but I really do like this one. Works much better than the 1st DSE901 I received several months ago. I hope it continues to produce the vape I am getting now.

Hey Dusty!

I got my Dse901b yesterday from PureSmoker. I'm going to use it as my primary this week too, so I'll be looking forward to your update so we can compare notes.

So far, I am enjoying it. The only complaint I have is the same one you have. Cartridge color...but I'm not sweating the cosmetic stuff. (even though this sleek black with blue LED is totally hot!) As long as it performs and gives decent longevity, that's all I'm concerned about. I know the black cartridges are coming. :D

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
well i can tell you this-
the shiny one is different to the matte one.
the black one is different to them both.
they are all different in performance as well as appearance in my experience,when used for long enough...sometimes its subtle,sometimes not so subtle.
i think they probably have multiple manufacturers,and they all differ accordingly...and so its not surprising that various suppliers models are not consistently the same.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
by the way,on a purely cosmetic note-the black carts make it look so much nicer....and i actually prefer the emerald green LED...its more vivid than blue,i think.

I think so, too. I got a green one by accident among the extra blue ones I ordered from Smokester.

BTW, Cash, I wish I had known you were going to be selling these, I'd have ordered from this side of the pond.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Here is the review for PureSmoker.com's DSE901b

Review of PureSmoker.com DSE901b

MyspaceVideo Link: Click Here

Hi dustin

Always love your videos mate keep up the good work.
Sorry to go off topic but I can't resist as a former pro drummer and now drum teacher for the last 14 years.
You're now into E. smoking so don't you think it's about time to get into E. drumming.
I'm probably more experienced on the latter as I have been playing E drums since the 80s to the present day using Roland. D drum. heart dynamics.
So if you want some good mesh heads try the heart.

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I'm actually working on making mesh heads as per the vdrums forum instructions. have an alesis Trigger i/o on the way and i am about to start making crossbrace triggers. So hopefully i'll be e-drumming within a couple of weeks. I still need to get a drum rack though.

and the kit you see in the background(at least parts of it) is a late 60's pearl kit in metallic red. Hardware needs to be updated, but it all works and i picked up the entire set for $100.

Glad you liked the vid. Ruyan one will be up later tonight.

-Dusty-

Last edited:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I'm actually working on making mesh heads as per the vdrums forum instructions. have an alesis Trigger i/o on the way and i am about to start making crossbrace triggers. So hopefully i'll be e-drumming within a couple of weeks. I still need to get a drum rack though.

and the kit you see in the background(at least parts of it) is a late 60's pearl kit in metallic red. Hardware needs to be updated, but it all works and i picked up the entire set for $100.

Glad you liked the vid. Ruyan one will be up later tonight.

-Dusty-

If you get the chance to pick up any cheap d drum triggers go for them rather than what you're planning now as these are far more accurate . most pros tend to use these. They just click on your rim.
What module-brain do you plan to use. I have a TD20 plus d drum se4.
I used to use the Roland pads for teaching and use d drum for studio and band rehearsals but now I use TD20 plus heart dynamics 6.4 pro kit with extras.
But I teach on average privately 50 pupils a week so that tends to cover the expense of these kits plus the heart set up is more realistic to play and visually for somebody that has never played drums before.
But I always used to play Ludwig till they went down the pan with quality and then tried DW which I could never keep the damp things in tune . American drums were always the best far as I was concerned. But now I have a tama star classic limited edition erotic kit which they only produce 100 kits and there is only three of them in the UK.
But these are made out of a African wood which is incredibly loud and has the qualities of Maple and Birch wood rolled into one. Anyway I won't bore you any more mate.

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Last response off topic and then we can continue on PM.

I looked at those triggers, but for my needs the route i'm going should work dandy. I might upgrade heads at some point, but i want to see how durable these homespun ones are.

I'm also no pro drummer by any means. regardless, everything is reversible if need be. Since i do a lot of tracking in my house i will just use the trigger I/O and bfd2 or a comparable package. Plus i love DIY stuff. It is always fun.

if you have any tips for an aspiring drummer let me know. been playing rockband too much which is why i bought a drum set. PM any responses you have.

We now return to you to the previously scheduled program.

-Dusty-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread