How to get the best flavor out of my e juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The way to get the most flavor out of ejuice is to smell the vapor. Your tongue can only sense sweet, salty, bitter, sour and umami (msg). Anything other than that is aroma because unlike food, ejuice has no visual or chewing texture. But different people have different tastes. Some want delicate flavor they can vape all day and some want stronger flavor. Some US eliquid makers offer an extra flavor option but nicfit does not seem to.

Also - higher PG in a liquid can let flavor through beter as well as nicotine TH. But it also lets through the skin irritation of nicotine better and makes less vapor. I like juices around 70pg/30vg.

What ecig are you using?

Consider buying some flavorings of the kind used in eliquids and add more flavoring if you want more. happy vaper sells little bottles of Capella flavorings. You should be able to find Flavourart flavorings in Canada - popular pro food flavorings by an Italian company. These are concentrated flavorings in PG. May Perfumer's Apprentice in the US will ship to Canada? Their flavors are popular and less expensive and their site says which are non water soluble (harder to sue for vaping) or not suitable for vaping.

If you have a juice you feel needs steeping then pop out the dropper tip and set it uncapped safe from kids, pets, and spills for anywhere from hours to overnight. Then put the dropper back in and recap. Try it. if you don't like it yet, let it sit for a couple of weeks. But not all juices are improved by steeping. I think what the open-cap part of steeping can help is evaporate alcohol and water in the mix (thus making the flavor denser) and help remove the flowery/perfumy smell some overly-flavored juices have. And letting a juice sit can help multiple mixed flavorings to combine better. I think steeping is unlikely to do much for a single flavoring juice that doesn't have water or alcohol in the mix unless the liquid is over-flavored and flowery.

Last edited:

Spydr9

Apr 22, 2011
waterloo ontario
@swedishfish the juice i have does have nicotine, i think flavor i have are tims ice cap, cherrywood, cool and smooth, and canadian gold. i think these are all pv.( all bought from nicfitnation).

@dormouse. i have 2 510 models one joye 510, and the custom ev510 from electrovapors (like this one much better then my joye). thanks for the advice. i do inhale through my nose and i see what your talking about, guess i was expecting more taste on the tongue. i will look in to the flavoring and some DIY i just don't have that much time on my hands.

I did just quit smoking so my taste buds are still dead i think, Dont get me wrong i am satisfied with the flavor just always looking to improve, mod, or any tips and tricks

I do notice a bit more with dripping and i have heard that some of the other models give more flavor ,,,,,,,, i just am kinda partal to the look of the 510s ( still havin a hard time letting go of all of the anologs at least the 510 still feel like one in the hand)
any recommendations on flavors?
as always any advice is greatly appreciated

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
@swedishfish the juice i have does have nicotine, i think flavor i have are tims ice cap, cherrywood, cool and smooth, and canadian gold. i think these are all pv.( all bought from nicfitnation).

@dormouse. i have 2 510 models one joye 510, and the custom ev510 from electrovapors (like this one much better then my joye). thanks for the advice. i do inhale through my nose and i see what your talking about, guess i was expecting more taste on the tongue. i will look in to the flavoring and some DIY i just don't have that much time on my hands.

I did just quit smoking so my taste buds are still dead i think, Dont get me wrong i am satisfied with the flavor just always looking to improve, mod, or any tips and tricks

I do notice a bit more with dripping and i have heard that some of the other models give more flavor ,,,,,,,, i just am kinda partal to the look of the 510s ( still havin a hard time letting go of all of the anologs at least the 510 still feel like one in the hand)
any recommendations on flavors?
as always any advice is greatly appreciated

Hope this helps! 15 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your E-Cig Juice | eCigology

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I hope you got manual batteries if you are dripping.

I actually don't get the best flavor from dripping. I think dripping makes the vape more diffused. I like Boge cartomizers. You need standard resistance ones on slim 510s, not the LR or HV ones. I drip to try out juices, either briefly or an extended test.

My two most recent juices to earn cartos were (drum roll)
Juicy Vapors Butter Rum Caramel (tastes like butter rum lifesavers)
Vixen Vapors Peach (nice job - neither too much flavor nor too little)

My two main vaping cartos are filled with
1. a mix of Backwoods Brew Vanilla Bean and Tasty Vapor Ultimate Vanilla
2. a mix of Vapor4Life WOWbacco (a very cocoa tobacco) w/ more Cocoa added with FreedomSmokeUSA Cocoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread