problem coughing a lot with my ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyaku

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Central KY
Hi Gorhaf,
I'm sure you'll get better answers but I just wanted to say that I've been through that too. I just tried to take smaller puffs and/ or just inhaled the vapor into the mouth before inhaling into the lungs. After a week or so it got a lot better but I still have to be careful first thing in the morning. At least I don't cough as much or as hard now.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
You're vaping a high PG juice and that might be part of the problem. The other part might be dehydration, so drink more water. PG and VG are hygroscopic and will attract moisture. You might also be going through the a "clearing phase" where your lungs are clearing out. It's a normal part of withdrawal and will pass. The reason you don't cough when you smoke is because the cilia in your lungs become paralyzed when you smoke. When you don't smoke they start moving again and doing the job they were meant to do...clearing the gunk out!

BrennaK

Apr 25, 2011
Iowa
I went through this as well. Give it time-it will get easier. It's like your throat and lungs have to adjust to the difference between vapor and smoke-it is considerably different! And, UntamedRose hit it on the head. We were just adding another layer that was like glue. Keep at it-soon your cough will diminish and those lungs will clear out.

My ecig makes me cough a lot especially in the mornings. I can light and smoke an analog with no problems but my bloog maxx fusion or my buzz will both make me cough if i try to use them. I am using tasty vapor 70pg 30vg watermelon bubblegum. Not sure why this is happening anyone have any suggestions?

it is possible that you are somewhat allergic to the pg, I had that same problem, but moving to 30% vg fixed it for me. maybe you slightly worse than I, try going to 50 or 60%. Ultimately you could end up at 100% vg. personally You might want to try KBV 60%vg blends their vapor production is unbelieveable!

krijmo

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
A, A
I have been vaping for about 2 months now. I had quit smoking analogs for like a year, and then after taking a more stressful job, I went back to smoking analogs. Id been back to smoking for about 5 months when I tried the ecig, which I switched to immediately.
I have to admit, I feel better vaping that I did smoking, but I still had a bad morning cough and smokers cough throughout the day. Actually VG made it worse. After doing some research on ecigs, I found that all juices are not the same. Some people say "its still better than an analog", put their ecig on a pedestal, and that's that. Aren't we doing this to be healthy? I dont want to be sick from ecigs any more than I wanted to be sick from analogs.
I did some research and found that certain companies feel ethically bound to produce a healthier product. I have tried some juices from one of these companies and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. I no longer cough until I GAG in the morning. Other vapers like to dismiss this as withdrawl from cigarettes, but I have quit before and know how long it takes my morning cough to go away, and it's significantly less than 2 months.
I found this on the web, and it reaffirmed (at least to me) that we should be careful what we are vaping. I dont care if all of these ingredients are also found in tobacco cigs as well with 4000 other things. It only takes one ingredient like diatcetyl to irreparably damage your lungs for the rest of your life. I started vaping trying to get free of things that would kill me, not lessen them.
Electronic cigarettes, also know as e-cigarettes
This scared me. Im not trying to create panic, but a little caution.
Thanksd for listening to my rant, and be careful what you vape. China has ALOT of quality control issues.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I have been vaping for about 2 months now. I had quit smoking analogs for like a year, and then after taking a more stressful job, I went back to smoking analogs. Id been back to smoking for about 5 months when I tried the ecig, which I switched to immediately.
I have to admit, I feel better vaping that I did smoking, but I still had a bad morning cough and smokers cough throughout the day. Actually VG made it worse. After doing some research on ecigs, I found that all juices are not the same. Some people say "its still better than an analog", put their ecig on a pedestal, and that's that. Aren't we doing this to be healthy? I dont want to be sick from ecigs any more than I wanted to be sick from analogs.
I did some research and found that certain companies feel ethically bound to produce a healthier product. I have tried some juices from one of these companies and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. I no longer cough until I GAG in the morning. Other vapers like to dismiss this as withdrawl from cigarettes, but I have quit before and know how long it takes my morning cough to go away, and it's significantly less than 2 months.
I found this on the web, and it reaffirmed (at least to me) that we should be careful what we are vaping. I dont care if all of these ingredients are also found in tobacco cigs as well with 4000 other things. It only takes one ingredient like diatcetyl to irreparably damage your lungs for the rest of your life. I started vaping trying to get free of things that would kill me, not lessen them.
Electronic cigarettes, also know as e-cigarettes
This scared me. Im not trying to create panic, but a little caution.
Thanksd for listening to my rant, and be careful what you vape. China has ALOT of quality control issues.

You should really do a little reading in the Health & Safety section.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I went through this at the beginning as well... too much PG and too much nicotine can make your throat hurt. Also, some flavors (menthol, cinnamon, etc.) can make your throat hurt as well. Give it some time, you will get used to it... or switch to a different pg/vg blend. I like 70/30 and 24mg nicotine. It does seem to be stronger in the morning, probably because your body hasnt inhaled anything in 6-10 hours.

krijmo

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
A, A
i think vaping has helped me get healthy again. i can jog and not lose my breath. i feel way better than i ever did smoking!

Me too vapnsteve! I got in 2 hours and 45 mins of cardio, an hour long jillian michaels workout (shes a mean lady, but very effective), and a 40 min long hip hop abs cardio workout in this week. My body is achin' but my lungs are ready for more :)

Ya I had the coughing thing for a minute, and most of my analog smoking friends cough the first time they tried vaping, though I dont have an issue with it any more, though I am still experimenting with different ratios or VG, PG, and Nicotine, not to mention different atties (1.7 - 3.2 ohm) plus 5V, eventually you find the right fit I usually mix at 18mg 60% VG 40% PG which gives a very nice vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread