Difference between eGo, eGo Mega, and eGo-T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
Right now i'm using my first PV, a NicStick (510 style i bought at a local gas station), but i'm looking into upgrading to something with longer battery life and better vaping. I've decided to try the eGo, heard lots of good things about it. I'm going to get it from myfreedomsmokes, just gonna buy the battery, atomizer, and carts separately and put it together, don't want to spend the $ on a starter kit. I've ordered some Newport juice and a case from them recently and i'm pretty happy with their service and prices, but i see that they offer three models, the regular eGo, the eGo Mega, and the eGo-T. Whats the difference between them? Besides the parts not being interchangeable.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf.
The parts on them are interchangeable.....all have 510 threading on the battery....the difference between the 510(cig length), the mega is a 510 but a little longer, the eGo is a bigger battery with more power.....don't have to charge as often and has a more powerful hit, the eGo-t is the same battery as eGo, the 't' refers to the atty and the tank system for holding juice. If you order parts separately, be sure to order a charger if you get an eGo..
good luck
:)

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Welcome to ecf.
The parts on them are interchangeable.....all have 510 threading on the battery....the difference between the 510(cig length), the mega is a 510 but a little longer, the eGo is a bigger battery with more power.....don't have to charge as often and has a more powerful hit, the eGo-t is the same battery as eGo, the 't' refers to the atty and the tank system for holding juice. If you order parts separately, be sure to order a charger if you get an eGo..
good luck
:)

Just to make it more confusing, there is a mega 510 battery (longer than the standard 510 battery, little longer charge life) and an eGo mega. eGo Mega generally refers to the type-a and type-b mega atomizers (larger than 510 atomizer, but still same threading, one is cone shaped the other is a cylinder), but can also refer to larger ego batters (900mah and higher).

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
spare yourself and just go directly to the GO GO....i vaped the eGo, eGo mega, and eGo tank system until i discovered the GO GO two weeks ago.....wow.....
GO GO carto's filled with Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnacide is incredible.

Everyone has their favorite (ProVari +MAP tank for me!), but just know that the go-go is NOT 510 compatible so you'll won't have the options of where to buy like you would with a 510, 808, etc connector.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com

JumpSteady

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pigeon Forge, TN
Yes those parts will make a complete ego-t. You need an ego battery charger too. The tanks don't use a filler. The atomizer has a sort of hollow point with a wick in it that punctures the tank cap. The soft gasket tanks are the newer type. I think they started making soft ones to address leaking issues with the hard ones.

hard case:
http://myfreedomsmokes.com/products/eGo-Carrying-Case.html

Last edited:

imalways

Sep 4, 2009
Glen Allen, VA
I'm not sure the differences between the hard and soft gasket tanks. Those items you listed are about $27. If you need a charger thats another $7 or $8. For $5 more you can purchase an ego-t lite kit (passthrough/battery hybrid, plus atomizer, and cartridge).

To use them: pop off the cap on the bottom of the tank, fill up (leave some air), put the cap back on, and push it in to the atomizer (may require a twist to align). It uses no filler, uses a gasket to make sure the tank doesn't leak into the other parts of the device and the atomizer has a needle like protrusion that wicks up the juice.

Last edited:

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
For $5 more you can purchase an ego-t lite kit (passthrough/battery hybrid, plus atomizer, and cartridge).

Where can i get this kit? Because all the parts i listed came out to about $45, and the 15% off coupon ive been using to order from there wont work with any of them.

And also, where is a good place i can get a Go Go starter kit (and replacement parts) from? not sure if ill get it, but i figure ill check it out. Whats the deal with cartos though, how do they work? And don't they wear out pretty quick?

Grace1

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Just got my eGo Tank starter kit today. This question is probably going to cause people to die from laughing, but here goes anyway.

I'm trying to charge my battery to get started. I was under the impression that it should charge in 2-3 hours. The instructions say when you plug the charger into the outlet, the light should be red and the connector (to which the battery is attached) should be green. When the battery is done charging, the light on the charger should turn green and the light on the connector should change to red. I've had the thing plugged in for over 5 hours and all the lights are the original colors. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Just got my eGo Tank starter kit today. This question is probably going to cause people to die from laughing, but here goes anyway.

I'm trying to charge my battery to get started. I was under the impression that it should charge in 2-3 hours. The instructions say when you plug the charger into the outlet, the light should be red and the connector (to which the battery is attached) should be green. When the battery is done charging, the light on the charger should turn green and the light on the connector should change to red. I've had the thing plugged in for over 5 hours and all the lights are the original colors. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Some PVs ive seen you have to charge anywhere from 4-8 hours for the initial charge, then subsequent charges will only take the normal amount of time. After 8 hours i would take it off the charger, it it works properly it may just have been a problem with the light, if it doesn't work then its likely an issue with the charger or the batt on the cig. If it works, i would use it until it needs another charge, then put it on the charger and see if the lights change after the appropriate amount of time. If the light still doesnt work, you either need to time the charge or see about sending the charger back for a replacement. Its not good to leave the cig on the charger too long. I dont know if this is true with the eGo, but my cig warns not to leave charging for more than 4 hours.

Some chargers have a safeguard built in to prevent overcharging, but i don't know if this is the case with yours, and if it is malfunctioning then that safeguard may not be working.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
GOGO starter kits can be bought at CigEasy and Nhaler but they are both out of stock right now, but CigEasy should have them back in stock any day now. The cartos last a long time. I am a very heavy vaper and am amazed at the battery life and carto life in GOGOs. please read the threads on GOGO's-lots of info on them!

Where can i get this kit? Because all the parts i listed came out to about $45, and the 15% off coupon ive been using to order from there wont work with any of them.

And also, where is a good place i can get a Go Go starter kit (and replacement parts) from? not sure if ill get it, but i figure ill check it out. Whats the deal with cartos though, how do they work? And don't they wear out pretty quick?

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona

Grace, on my charger, the wall plug unit light is always red, and the battery connector cable light is green....when I attach a battery, the cable connector turns red, until the battery is charged...then it shows green again. The wall plug piece does not change colors at all...my kit is from cignot...dunno if they are all the same...

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
When I first started vaping just over a month ago I started out with a KR808D-1 kit. About two weeks later I was getting tired of filling carts and changing batteries. I found ECF and found the reviews and praises of the Go-go. I was looking for something with a lot of capacity, long battery life, and simple. I didn't want another hobby nor something anymore complicated than analogs. I ordered two Go-go kits and haven't looked back. They fit the bill nicely and are exactly what I was looking for.

Good luck!

Marty

imalways

Sep 4, 2009
Glen Allen, VA

Joye eGo-T USB Starter Kit (Lite) - UnSmoke
You can use a coupon code for 10% - FirstTimer10

mariad

Sep 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have tried many brands of ecigs, The EGO-T is the best I have ever had. The tank feature is what completes this perfect ecig. I have the regular atomizers for emergencies, but I am buying the tank kind from now on. It is confusing, the atomizers you need are Type B ego-T atomizers. Make sure you get type B. You won't be sdisappointed. Also, I get all of my ecig stuff from Litecigusa.net. I am not affiliated with that site in any way other than I buy ALL of my stuff there. Shawn is the guy that runs the site, his customer service is great. The prices are always cheapest, and he has a trillion flavors of fluid. Trust me, this is the best ecig so far.

94_FLSTN

ECF Veteran
I see hard and soft gasket carts, i assume they both work just as well?

I've been using the eGO and eGO-T for about three months and I've tried both hard and soft caps. Sometimes the edge of the soft gasket (the part you pull to remove the cap) will strip off after a couple of days. It doesn't ruin the cap but it makes it harder to remove. I haven't noticed a difference in leakage between soft/hard caps. Some of them will leak a little and some won't. I've never had enough leakage that I considered it to be a problem.

If you plan to switch juice flavors often, to try to find what you like best, I'd also recommend getting an extra 510 LR atomizer and a drip tip. The 510 will screw onto the eGO battery and you can get cheap variety packs of juice, drip 3 or 4 drops to vape, and you won't have a lot of money tied up in flavors you don't like. If you use a 510 atty on an eGO batt, I'd recommend getting a cone as well. Some say they are only cosmetic, but not so (IMHO). It improves the draw and increases the vapor by directing air-intake along the atty and pre-warming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread