Ego, Go-Go, Riva, Leo, iGo,Vgo, Kgo and Echo Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I just wanted a thread where we could compare the good and bad of each without feeling we were infringing on a particular thread about one or two devices. I personally have not used all of these but would be interested in hearing what each brings to the table. I have three of these so I have my opinions of each. I am not an expert and these are just my opinions. I don't mind being corrected if you feel I'm wrong.

The Ego being the first and most popular of the larger batteries uses 510 threading and there are many different atomizers, cartomizers and tank systems you can use with it. It comes off the charger at 3.4V and maintains that voltage until cutoff. It has a 650 mah or 1,000 mah battery. The main problem with the Ego is it is a lower voltage output than some of the others and there isn't a large capacity cartomizer that works consistent for them, anything above 2 ml that I have found. The dual coil carto that holds 1.8 ml works good with them.
They are generally more expensive than similar sized PVs.

The Riva is very similar to the Ego but does have a couple different options. You can get some models with 901 threads instead of their standard 510 and you can get 750 or 1100 mah batteries. You can also get some of their batteries that are 4.2V off the charger. I know the 750 SE batteries are that way and out perform the Ego batteries in my opinion. They work real good with both LR attys and cartomizers. They also work real good with the dual coil 1.8ml carto.
They are much cheaper than the Ego.

The Go-Go uses a 1300 mah battery and has a 3ml horizontal coil cartomizer. It comes off the charger at 4.2 V and drops slowly after that until it cuts off. The cartomizer is the best I've found and it is very consistent hit after hit, day after day and lasts me from 10 to 14 days before needing cleaning. I have yet to have one fail after using them five weeks now. The negative for some is that they are a proprietary device meaning that only a Go-Go battery works with a Go-cartomizer. I have not found this to be a problem being as they work so well together. You can remove the filler on one of the cartos and drip to test different juice. They are also very easy to refill, just drip the juice in or use a syringe if you want a faster method to fill several cartos at a time.

I have not tried a Leo but know they are also a proprietary device and use a 1100 mah battery. They use a Leo atomizer with a 801 cart. They have recently came out with a 3 or 4 ml cartomizer but haven't heard much about them yet. I've heard they have real good flavor with the Leo atty and cart but the cart only holds about 1 ml.

The iGo is new on the scene and has a 1100 mah battery and comes with a 3ml carto that is similar to the Go-Go carto except it is a cone shaped carto and doesn't have a seperate cone. It uses 808 threads and you can use 808 cartos or iGo cartos with it. There have been good reports on it so far. I haven't used one other than trying to use the cart on an eGo and a mod with an adaptor which didn't work for me.

Kgo is a similar PV but I don't know much about them yet maybe someone that has one will post info about them.

Echo is also a new one that will be on the scene soon. I don't know anyone selling them in the states yet. They look very similar and also have a automatic or manual switch 1300 mah battery.

I

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I know what you mean. I did and still do have a lot of 510 stuff but I traded six ego batteries and various atomizers for another Go-Go kit so that took care of a lot. I kept a couple to use if something I really want to try comes out but it would be just to satisfy my curiousity. The dual coil cartos do work real good although I've only vaped one full carto so I don't know how they will last. It is hard to put the Go-Go down to try them for any length of time.

Last edited:

davedbc

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Madison, WI
okay - you know what - I started doing a comparison post and realized I was rambling on and on so I'm starting over.

Bought the Go-Go. Love it. Wanted a second kit. Was intrigued by the I-Go and also liked the idea of using a standard KR808 Carto for testing juices (Go-Go was my only PV at the time who's only option is the 3mL carto). While I've used the Go-Go more - I've been playing with the I-Go for about the last week since I got it and by and large they're very comparable units with only a few differences between them.

Battery - Doesn't count. 1300 vs. 1100 is insignificant as either will easily last you all day. Performance seems to be about the same so I have to presume that they are running at about the same voltage under load as well.

The Go-Go is a little shorter and wider where the I-Go is a little taller and slimmer. Personal preference here, but I actually kinda like the Go-Go a little bit more since the only word I can really describe holding the I-Go with is "dainty". I myself have been described as many things by many people - and 'dainty' isn't one of them :)

The I-Go's carto is a one piece design vs. a cone and carto for the Go-Go. This does make the Go-Go easier to label juice flavors (and hide with the cone while in use) and also a little easier to drip fill as the tapered carto on the I-Go can be a little harder to see into. Honestly, filling or topping off either of them isn't a big deal. Dave's pick - Go-Go

However, the Go-Go is self contained where the I-Go has the advantage of being a KR808 device which as I said makes it handy to use the smaller and cheaper Cartos to test out juices - either mixes of leftover juices I have (or trying to mellow out something else) - or the small sample bottles that have been popping up in other juice orders. There IS an adaptor for the Go-Go that Cig-Easy carries - but on the KR808 carts I ordered from Nhaler I couldn't get it to work. Oh, and an Ego cone will fit right over a standard KR808 carto on the I-Go but for me makes the draw a little tighter than I'd like.

Speaking of which the Draw *may* be a little tighter on the I-Go over the Go-Go. The Go-Go is certainly known for its 'airy' draw. Going back and forth between them with a fresh carto loaded with the same juice - I'm hard pressed to tell a difference. The I-Go does make slightly less noise on a regular draw however which is a bit of a plus. Call this one a wash

I hate the paper wrapped Cartos on the Go-Go. However, these seem to be 'Generation 1' only and have since gone to a painted / poweder coated (whatever) finish which is much nicer. The paper can however be removed and the carto cleaned with a touch of Goo Gone which simply means I have a couple of 'stainless' cartos for my Go-Go. Just sayin

I'm not sure how I would carry the I-Go around when I'm out and about mainly for the whistle tip that comes on top of the Carto. On the Go-Go I tend to stick a carto-condom on the top of the carto in use to kinda cap it (like you would a pen) and then just stick it in my pocket. This has been working quite well even in jeans. I haven't tried with the I-Go yet, but with a soft whistle tip and nothing to cap it with - I'm a little hesitant to do so. I've read somewhere that the caps from the Ego tank will fit and if nothing else, I could always get a lanyard for it as well. Still a small nod in the Go-Go's favor.

Bottom line - while the Go-Go does seem to have more bullet points in its favor - the I-Go has the bigger one of cart versatility. Frankly, if I didn't have either and was deciding between the two - I'd probably just flip a damn coin assuming both were in stock - they are THAT close to one another. On that note - the Go-Go at this time is only carried by CigEasy and Nhaler and the I-Go is only carried by Nhaler. I've placed a number of orders with each of those two vendors and have nothing but great things to say about both! Very FAST and trouble free with good email communication on order status.

Last edited:

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
very nice review dave, thanks! when people do reviews, they use "bullet points" that are important to them and thats why its good to read a number of them to paint a good picture. i dont have either go-go or the i-go but after reading, i probably would get the i-go because of the non-proprietary as mentioned above. with that said, you could not go wrong by picking the go-go based on real user feed back.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Echo is also a new one that will be on the scene soon. I don't know anyone selling them in the states yet. They look very similar and also have a automatic or manual switch 1300 mah battery.

Thanks for starting this thread, Tex. The Echo cartos definitely look interesting. Has anyone heard any updates on availability in the US? I Googled and found a couple suppliers but the Echo cartos they are offering are *not* compatible with eGo batteries. Threads are 808, I think. The post below is from Feb 8.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ist-new-supplier-introducing-new-echo-pv.html

Thanks, JJ

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Very good review Dave. I know a 1100 mah battery will last most people all day but I am a heavy vaper and vape pretty steady all day, usually about 18 hours so I don't think it would last me a full day. I know a 1,000 mah ego doesn't last me a full day only about ten to 12 hours and less if I'm vaping LRs. I measured the time on my first Go-Go battery and it lasted 23 hrs. I don't know why it lasted so long because previously I tested the 1300, Hello, Riva and ego and the longest they lasted me was 17 hrs. I used the same atty on all three and it may have been a LR and that would explain the difference.
I was very concerned at first at the Go-Go being a proprietary device because if it didn't work for me it would end up in a drawer with all the other devices that didn't work. Now that I know how well it works it doesn't matter at all especially being as it is very simple to remove the filler on one of the cartos and use it to drip two or three drops directly on the atomizer and test different flavored juices.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks for starting this thread, Tex. The Echo cartos definitely look interesting. Has anyone heard any updates on availability in the US? I Googled and found a couple suppliers but the Echo cartos they are offering are *not* compatible with eGo batteries. Threads are 808, I think. The post below is from Feb 8.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ist-new-supplier-introducing-new-echo-pv.html

Thanks, JJ

The Echo does look interesting. I only know two people that have tested them. One said he liked them a lot and the other said he didn't think they worked very well. lol Par for the course in the world of vaping.

The 100 re-fills as advertised is great if they truly get that. I would think they would need cleaning before that but who knows. We will have to wait and see for sure. I know I got twenty re-fills out of my first Go-cart before it needed cleaning. The cartos on these are more expensive though at 5.00 ea compared to the Go-Go and iGo at 3.00 ea. That is still very cheap if they last for a 100 re-fills at say an average of 2.5 ml would be 250 ml of juice per carto and would last the average user about 2.5 months.
Thanks for the post on the echo I was wanting to know more about them. I had seen the video review before but couldn't remember where it was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1PEtrxJ_8

http://www.kebochina.com/products/Electronic-Cigarette/E-cigarette/128.html#fobidc

Last edited:

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas

Thanks, JJ

Just to answer my own question, I got an email reply from Mountain Mist this afternoon. He said the Echos should be available in about a week. FYI - there is a typo in the email address link in the Mountain Mist post. It should be dput not dptu.

JJ :)

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... There IS an adaptor for the Go-Go that Cig-Easy carries - but on the KR808 carts I ordered from Nhaler I couldn't get it to work.

I got the adapter to work by carefully tweezing up the center pin on the cartomizer or the Go-cart.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

Thanks, JJ

You can buy them here. Echo Series | Cropduster901.com

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Just to answer my own question, I got an email reply from Mountain Mist this afternoon. He said the Echos should be available in about a week. FYI - there is a typo in the email address link in the Mountain Mist post. It should be dput not dptu.

JJ :)

Just received an email from Mountain Mist...

"I have the ECHO Cartomizers. They fit any eGO related model. He had to raise the price to $6.00 each, but they will last up to 3 months. No cleaning or other maintenance is required. They really are very good. You will not be disappointed."

JJ

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Just received an email from Mountain Mist...

"I have the ECHO Cartomizers. They fit any eGO related model. He had to raise the price to $6.00 each, but they will last up to 3 months. No cleaning or other maintenance is required. They really are very good. You will not be disappointed."

JJ

Do thet have a website up yet?

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Do they have a website up yet?

No website yet. He (his name is Dennis) said they are working on a website now. They are located in western NC. He is however taking orders via PM from this post...

At $6 shipping included I am definitely going to try one. All of my hardware is 510/eGo so that is why I mentioned that earlier. Hopefully the Echo is as good as advertised.

Blue Skies, JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread