Sore Throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerobero

May 4, 2011
GA
I was smoking 4 packs of pall mall a day, but Iv cut down to 10 cigs a day. I'v been hitting this thing since it came in mail today i guess about 12 hours straight. I keep it full and try not to take as big a hit and most of the time i dont inhale. Using 50/50 blend PG. Attys are clean and havent burned one up yet. Tried dripping a few times and shinning my flaslight in there, so worried about keeping it wet. Over all i like it. when i take a break my throat clears up, Just didnt know if maybe the nic is to much using 24mg.

Manfred1816

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Fair Oaks, Ca
I was having the same problem, and, like everyone has been saying, I blame it on vaping straight PG. My lungs felt so much better, but when I would get out and do something active, my throat would burn horribly. I have recently been using a 70/30 mix with 12mg/ml nic. Like everyone else is saying, as well, water! I have always been used to the try mouth, though. I used to smoke American Spirits, and they dried my mouth out like crazy!

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Land of Southern Belles :)
I chain vape (badly) and it is very normal. Your throat is dry and you may notice some dry nasal membrane too. I am at roughly 8 weeks vaping and the sore throat hits only when I hit a dry carto or after I have eaten something and start vaping again. (but that is only the first puff or two)
It will get better, but if you dont have enough liquid in your system, it will continue. I keep water handy all day!

RonZ

May 5, 2011
Los Angeles
New To the vapeing experience, Every once in a while i get that burned throat feeling, using janty stick v3 sometimes with the 510 cartos sometimes with the 301s, AM I just vapeing to much?:

I had the same experience first day I started vaping from PG juices on auto batteries. Second day, my throat is much smoother with pleasant throat hit. However, I still get scratchy throat if I chain vaping. I ordered some VG based juice and going to try them out soon.

Wickyd

May 3, 2011
New Jersey
I've been having the same issue. I also thought I was vaping too much, but instead of cutting back, I started drinking more water. The sore throat is gone, but I find myself coughing a lot while vaping. Not the same kind of cough as a smokers cough, but more of a shortness of breath (similar to high altitude coughing, if anyone has experience it). I'm thinking I shouldn't take such deep hits, or would it be better to switch to VG (vaping PG now)

Thirteen

May 8, 2011
Ontario
It's hard not too chain vape especially when you're using this wonderful product to try and quit smoking. Been vaping for 3 days, have had 0 cigarettes and I smoke packs daily before this. My throat was KILLING after the first full day of vaping, and today. I just chug chug and chug more water. Which I enjoy doing anyways whether or not I was vaping. I'm going to try this not chain vaping thing, see how it goes. The craving are getting worse though.

Is it bad if I smoke a few analogs while using the vape? It feels like I am cheating myself if I do that. I bought this and spent all the $ to quit smoking, yet I crave it and want to smoke analog. Seeing as chain vaping is killing my throat, analog seems like a good bet, but 3 days without one, I don't want to ruin that streak. :(

lpwaqas

May 9, 2011
Hell
It's hard not too chain vape especially when you're using this wonderful product to try and quit smoking. Been vaping for 3 days, have had 0 cigarettes and I smoke packs daily before this. My throat was KILLING after the first full day of vaping, and today. I just chug chug and chug more water. Which I enjoy doing anyways whether or not I was vaping. I'm going to try this not chain vaping thing, see how it goes. The craving are getting worse though.

Is it bad if I smoke a few analogs while using the vape? It feels like I am cheating myself if I do that. I bought this and spent all the $ to quit smoking, yet I crave it and want to smoke analog. Seeing as chain vaping is killing my throat, analog seems like a good bet, but 3 days without one, I don't want to ruin that streak. :(

Hello,

I have discussed this in my post in details please check http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-vegetable-glycerin-v-s-propylene-glycol.html

Side Effects (per my own experience and talking to friends using VG as E-Liquid).

The most common noted side effect of inhalation of e-liquid containing vegetable glycerin is a dry mouth, sore throat, and increased thirst. These symptoms usually last just a few days to a week as the body gets used to the vegetable glycerin. These symptoms can also be elevated by drinking more water and liquids then usual for the first few weeks of using your e-cigarette.
If you are moving from smoking traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you will find there are many side effects of quitting smoking tobacco products. It is very easy for a new user of an e-cigarette to incorrectly attribute these quitting smoking side effects to the e-cigarette, when in fact they are likely the result of your bodies reaction to quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes. Side effects of quitting smoking include: Bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, constipation, increased appetite, skin breakout's, increased coughing, insomnia, depression, vagueness, irritability, gas, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread