PG & VG - Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
From a post on another thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e901-supplies-denver-colorado.html#post307807

I found a place near me that sells propylene glycol, and another that sells pure vegetable glycerin.

I bought an z bottle of PG from the cigar shop off of 47th and Wadsworth. It's on the east side of Wadsworth at the turnoff right before you get on the highway (I-70/I-76). Less than ten bucks for it.

I bought a 16oz bottle of VG at Natural Grocers located at 11465 Washington street. It's in the skincare area and cost me $7.57.

I hope this helps folks in my area here around North Denver.

So, look either in Cigar shops, or natural foods stores in your area..

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
I guess the title is pretty obvious. Where can I buy PG & VG?
Michaels?
Walmart?
Trader Joes?
Rite Aid?
Walgreens?

(fyi, I'm located in California)

Thanks
Michaels has small bottles of VG 2 oz wiltons for about $3.00
If you don't want to order PG online, Most feed stores carry gallons for about $26.00 MAKE SURE IT IS USP GRADE.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
If you can't find propylene glycol at a farm store (it is used for cows/sheep) then try your local veterinarians. I called a vets office yesterday and she asked if I wanted it for sheep I told her I just wanted it for a fog machine. She asked how much I wanted, I said 16 oz or less. She had it waiting for me when I got there. I got 20 oz or more for about $10. It is 100% propylene glycol, no additives, U.S.P. (I think that's food grade right?). Obviously if they take it from an open bottle make sure that they didn't add anything to it (they shouldn't, but just in case). Other than that, I use the glycerine from walmart in the skin care section, I know it is only 95% pure but it hasn't hurt me yet. I do not however advocate using it, it's best to use the stuff from the cake isle (wilton's?) but our walmart didn't have it. So, if you use the skin care glycerine, do so at your own risk.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
I use the glycerine from walmart in the skin care section, I know it is only 95% pure but it hasn't hurt me yet. I do not however advocate using it, it's best to use the stuff from the cake isle (wilton's?) but our walmart didn't have it. So, if you use the skin care glycerine, do so at your own risk.
I have heard good and bad from the wal-mart brand. I beleive it to be Humco? I would try to avoid it if possible. Some have no problems with it. I just don't do anything wal-mart myself.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I wouldn't use Walmart or CVS or Walgreens stuff - just read the label and you'll know why.

I've found LorAnn's glycerine to be tops with vapor and consistency.

Mix it with distilled water and grain alcohol (Everclear) and a little ethyl maltol and you have intellicig.com's ECOpure :thumb:

Glycerine
https://www.lorannoils.com/p-9017-glycerine-natural.aspx

Everclear
Buy Wine Online, Fine Wines, Wine Gift Baskets, Red & White Wines, Online Wine Store - WineChateau

Ethyl Maltol
Ethyl Maltol - 2.5 ml vial

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I guess the title is pretty obvious. Where can I buy PG & VG?
Michaels?
Walmart?
Trader Joes?
Rite Aid?
Walgreens?

(fyi, I'm located in California)

Thanks

I'm also from CA and got fed up asking around. So I went ahead and ordered an 8oz from Lorann's. The idiots working at Walmart, Rite Aid, and other stores around here are so clueless. It's funny, every time I ask for glycerin, the first thing they would say ask -- suppositories? LOL!

WOB1010

Jun 2, 2009
Yes buying your own PG and mixing is the way to go..
(I'm holding a bottle of "totoly wicked"( mentioned above) - 20 %VG + 10% chemicals I'v never heard of ,and am sure no one has a clue as to there efects on the human body)

But where to get the NICOTINE ?....I did a quick search...only found some used as insecticide with some other additives.
{Have you actualy checked the ingredents of the others you mentioned ..or just guessing..Dragon}

DragoonZeph

May 14, 2009
Apex, NC
Checked my bottle from juicy. From what I can tell its just PG and nicotine. I would assume that the bottle from totally wicked uses 10% for artificial flavoring of sorts. If you carefully read through the forums you will note that there are specific references to what kind of chemicals MIGHT be released when we smoke our e-cig. Most importantly though, you should note how many chemicals we are NOT inhaling because we are not smoking analogs.

Your nicotine question can be answered with a simple search of the forums. Or here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/5447-where-buy-nicotine.html

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
every time I ask for glycerin, the first thing they would say ask -- suppositories? LOL!

HA HAAAAAAAA, everytime I asked for glycerin all the pharmacists at Rite Aid and CVS said the same exact thing.

I guess people in CA need a lot of suppositories. You know why? Cause a lot of people in CA are full of ****. LOL j/k!

I wonder if anybody has tried using Glycerin suppositories? I'm sure there is somebody out there that has tried it. If you have, let us know if it worked. Fess up!

Anyway, somebody on this site mentioned essentialwholesale.com
I ordered PG and VG and their prices are awesome. Maybe that'll help you out.

Good luck.

eSmoknLVN

Verified Member
May 20, 2009
Bay Area, CA
hah.. my bro in law works in a pharmacy and I asked if they carry glycerin, and he asked why and I told him for my e-juice and he replied "I wouldn't smoke that sheit it's a suppository" haha...
but in all fairness since I'm in the medical field also, If you go into a Pharmacy and you ask for stuff like that, they won't know what you are really asking for and your intent so yeah, no point in calling them idiots they are basically doing their jobs. Honestly, just try going to Michael's they sell Wilton glycerin in the baking area or online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread