Forum Representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
The committee of ECCA UK is partially made up from representatives from several of the largest UK E-Smoking websites.

I am currently your representative on the committee, I am a new e-cig user only having started in March but have been welcomed by all the other vapers in the on-line community with support and advice.

Now I have an opportunity to help others by representing you, the UK members of ECF, on the committee of the newly formed ECCAUK.

If you have any issues you wish to raise in relation to alternative smoking, please feel free to let me know either by posting in this thread, by sending me a personal message on ECF, or indeed make your way over to ECCA UK - E-Cigarette Consumer Association of the UK where you can join up and leave comments on the association forum.

Please do not ignore opportunities to have your say about the future of alternative smoking in the UK.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Welcome and glad to see that the UK has a consumer advocacy group. Just a suggestion, but would it make sense to use the term "vaping" vs smoking as a clear delineation from the smoking of cigarettes? I personally don't like our "devices" to be called electronic cigarettes but know that will be a hard description to change.

Good luck with the endeavor.

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
Many people use many different terms for our pass time.
Officially at the moment we are "alternative smokers", but we do not force people into using one phrase.
Yes I agree with you they are personal vapourisers (PV) not an e-cig but the public perspective will take some time to change around and we need people to know what we are representing.

Good to see that ECCA now has it's thread on ECF, I totally agree with the PV nomenclature debate but for now because of the wide-spread use of the term "e-cig" we seem stuck with it for the time being. I suppose even VCA could be an option for the future if it's not already taken. Vaping Consumer Association.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Good to see that ECCA now has it's thread on ECF, I totally agree with the PV nomenclature debate but for now because of the wide-spread use of the term "e-cig" we seem stuck with it for the time being. I suppose even VCA could be an option for the future if it's not already taken. Vaping Consumer Association.

I like that. A step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread