taste change

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorvic

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Indianapolis
Hello everyone,

So I like my Green Tea, its currently the best flavor I have found. However when smoking the 18mg Green Tea after a little bit the taste just goes away. All I notice is that it has a bland and maybe a little bit of a bitter taste. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this before? Anyone have any advice or tips? Is it just me?

Perhaps I need to add a few other flavors into my rotation and I am just getting burnt out on the taste.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Yes! I had the same problem, after a while the flavor seems to go away. You need a second and 3rd flavor. Three seems to be the magic number. One of them should be a menthol/mint/peppermint flavor to freshen your mouth. Then go to flavor three for a while..back to the mint or whatever. I keep 3 or 6 ready to go. I love my flavors!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Jorvic,

Old habits die hard but you have to make a point to drop the word "smoke" and replace it with "vape". I too have experienced this with lighter flavors, especially if I have been chain vaping. I think you pretty much answered your own question about adding some more flavors. However there may actually be another factor that maybe contributing to a lack of taste. A weak battery will contribute to what you are experiencing as well.

You may want to try some stronger flavors like W. Peppermint, W. Nuport, Grape, Coffee, etc.

(didn't see your reply MK until I hit my reply posted)

Wow....see MK (2 fingers pointing from my eyes to yours and back to mine) that's what I'm talking about, we're just right there, ya know....ya feelin me :)

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I only posted because you hadn't Snow..we both have been around long enough to have our own set of vaper's answer flash cards! I love that we "get" each other..lol!
Jorvic, hang in there..you will be going thru a lot of changes as time wears on. The one I never had (thank goodness) was the "I can't taste Chocolate" one. It's very common and some people ate never able to taste it. Most "I can't taste'" passes.
I just find it odd that we were all once "Brand loyal" and never wanted another flavor..now we can't get enough!

jorvic

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm a fan of a lot of the flavors, used to smoke a tobacco pipe, hookah, cloves and other things just to get different taste and flavors. I always thought a lot of cigarettes were so bland. I love having options for all of the flavors now. I just havent had much luck in finding flavors that really do it for me. I'm starting to narrow it down, I just need to sample a lot more. :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I only posted because you hadn't Snow..we both have been around long enough to have our own set of vaper's answer flash cards! I love that we "get" each other..lol!
Jorvic, hang in there..you will be going thru a lot of changes as time wears on. The one I never had (thank goodness) was the "I can't taste Chocolate" one. It's very common and some people ate never able to taste it. Most "I can't taste'" passes.
I just find it odd that we were all once "Brand loyal" and never wanted another flavor..now we can't get enough!

I had the chocolate thing going on. The only one I can taste is V4L's chocolate. I don't know what gives with other vendors.

Drink tons of water and have a few flavors that you can rotate around on. Green tea is one of my favorites. Just give it a rest for awhile then go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread