What is the best, most affordable, variable voltage tube mod and juice feeder setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Picture73.jpg

The little black and white ones there are LiL sis's. Not sure if they meet your definition of a tube mod though, kinda a crossover.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
how about the provari? sorry if this sounds stupid. but how do you get juice into it. what about vv tube mods how do you get juice to them. thanks.

Okay, it's pretty clear we need to do a little explaining. The juice is provided in a tank, cartomizer, cartridge, bottom fed, or by dripping on an atomizer. None of that has anything at all to do with VV. With a provari all you get is a fancy variable volt power supply to whatever you choose to screw into it. It has absolutely nothing to do with juice feeding.

If you want juice feeding in a mod, you are usually talking about a bottom feeder. The only exceptions that come to mind are the vape mate and the GG UFS. Bottom feeders can be had with variable voltage but, none of them are tube mods. They are boxes.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
the difference in VV mods is the expensive ones have a computer chip that "regulates" the power so that you get the same voltage that you set each and every time, throughout the discharge cycle of the battery.

If i couldn't absolutely couldn't afford a ProVari (or Darwin), I'd look at the Infinity, which does have regulated variable power; it just isn't made as well (durable), doesn't have readouts of various info (battery charge, resistance specs, voltage,..) ... it has a little wheel for setting voltage. About 1/2 the price of a Vari/Darwin.

I bought the Triple V as my first mod and love it for what it is; a 5 volt only mod. Now I'm looking into buying either the Provari or Saber Touch VV so I can have a PV that does it all, regardless of what kind of juice, carto or atty I'm using. I would recommend a Triple V as a first mod though, it's simple and tough.

aur1640

Feb 14, 2011
Alhambra, CA
Look into the ProVari a little more... You will get your money's worth over the long haul. I would love to get a Darwin, but seems to be a rare find nowadays. The beauty of it is, you can minutely tailor the voltage for atomizers, cartomizers and tank mods (anything with a 510 connection). Get a few 510 adapters (for 910s, 801s) and a whole new vaping world opens up to you!! If you can, save your pennies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Look into the ProVari a little more... You will get your money's worth over the long haul. I would love to get a Darwin, but seems to be a rare find nowadays. The beauty of it is, you can minutely tailor the voltage for atomizers, cartomizers and tank mods (anything with a 510 connection). Get a few 510 adapters (for 910s, 801s) and a whole new vaping world opens up to you!! If you can, save your pennies.

I have a Darwin and a Buzz. For what they are they are both great PV's. I bought the Buzz in June of '10 and never had a problem with it, very dependable. Don't like the little screw adjuster. The Darwin is a step up because of battery life and the wheel adjustment and I like the way it looks. I didn't buy a Provari because I didn't like the adjustment setup ( a wheel is light years better IMHO) and the price. I am sure it's a nice PV and the advantage it has on the Buzz is the display screen. I just didn't feel it was worth the money for a display screen. The OP said that he didn't like the price of the Provari and thats understandable. There are several on the lower end of the scale that should work out fine. Just make sure you get one with an adjustment wheel.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Had a darwin, sold it because the connector interface to the mainbody is not sealed. If you flood an atty, or juice leaks out, it goes inside the unit. LCD screen is exposed, and can't take a direct hit from anything. Whole unit is fragile, one drop into concrete and you will be taking it apart to re-install the off switch on the swivel connector: or mailing it back to Evolv. Great mod if you don't drop it or never leak juice out of an atty.

Provari is completely sealed. Made of stainless steel, and I guarantee it will knock a chip into concrete: tested that quite a few times as well.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
My Darwin was run over by a motorcycle and continues to work like a charm. No problem at all. And I can count the number of times I've dropped it and never had an issue. And all the new Darwins are sealed inside so liquid cannot effect internal components any more. Plus with a full two year warranty unlike other VV's that charge for full warranties, there really isn't anything to be concerned about. Although most of us who are experienced don't over fill or over drip our attys and cartos so leakage is not a problem anyway.

udlike2no2

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
South NJ
the difference in VV mods is the expensive ones have a computer chip that "regulates" the power so that you get the same voltage that you set each and every time, throughout the discharge cycle of the battery.

If i couldn't absolutely couldn't afford a ProVari (or Darwin), I'd look at the Infinity, which does have regulated variable power; it just isn't made as well (durable), doesn't have readouts of various info (battery charge, resistance specs, voltage,..) ... it has a little wheel for setting voltage. About 1/2 the price of a Vari/Darwin.

I agree with this, I just got the Darwin and there are so many things I like I now wish I just started with it and not the 808 kit.

1 I get like 2 days without having to charge it at all and every vape is the same no matter how much batt life is in it no taking out batts to charge and hassle free.

2 when i do charge it i plug the whole pv in just like my cell phone or in my car charger and can vape while its charging.

3 With the Darwin VV it like having every batt or ohm carto or atty I want without buying them its all in a roll of the wheel.

4 all in all just fold the arm down put it in my case that goes on your belt and away you go its like a cell phone that vapes lol

Think the infinity would be the next best thing

ops yeah forgot the 2 yr warranty wow if i just used it 2 yrs and toss it its worth it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread