Travel and Vaping E-Cigs Banned on SouthWest flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Took a flight on SouthWest Airlines (WN) today. In the back of the in flight magazine under prohibited items during flight, the electronic cigarette has now been added. I know there's another thread here, but now, it's in print in their magazine.

Not banned from the plane, you just can't use it.

cheers;
jd

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Does vapor set off the alarms in the lavs?

One has to wonder if this becomes the rule for all airlines, if the eleventh commandment is in order.

there is a funny post somewhere here..........I think from cashmere about the smoke detector in the lav., but the gist of it is the smoke detector's absolutely will go off

Kimmberlee

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2008
MI
Total bummer to hear that! I used mine in the bathroom and it did not set off the alarm. I wasn't vaping heavy or anything but wanted to at least try it. It was all good!

I figured the airlines would ban it. People will complain that they don't know what the vapor is or if it is 'safe'.... I can see it already....

Gosh... I wish we could just get a break! We quit smoking analogs...geez!:cry:

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
Total bummer to hear that! I used mine in the bathroom and it did not set off the alarm. I wasn't vaping heavy or anything but wanted to at least try it. It was all good!

I figured the airlines would ban it. People will complain that they don't know what the vapor is or if it is 'safe'.... I can see it already....

Gosh... I wish we could just get a break! We quit smoking analogs...geez!:cry:

Geeze I hate scare tactics.... I just used mine on an Hawaiian Airlines flight last month. I exhaled into the (opened) sink drain, not a problem. I also blew the vapor into my shirt while in my seat. Not a problem. Be descrete. After all are we not just trying to get throught the flight with out the stress of withdrawal?, who needs a problem.

Granted, it would be just great to be able to vape where we want. But, in this NIMBY generation, worried what everyone eles is doing, common sense people dont have a chance. Things are out of control. The political correctness is out of hand. Just seems if there is a new law made everyday that will be hard to enforce. Just too crazy of a world today. We have become obsessed with what everyone else is doing.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
YIKES!8-o Okay - with things the way they are, that is definitely NOT something that I want to test!

I vape in the lavs on planes all the time. The sinks have a constant vacuum system. You just open the drain, and blow the vapor down the sink. Cashmere set off the alarm by blowing the vapor directly into the smoke alarm to test it. I guess his test worked.

popsec

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
www.vtvapor.com
or under a balnket. I vaped during a 2 hour plane flight, under a blanket. No harm,no foul. After 9-11, i keep it simple at airports and in flight...Don't ask and Don't Tell:D

I'm with you on this one....it was really easy to vape discreetly on a flight, hold the vapor in and no one was the wiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread