Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I really want this one.

42372d1308005643-introducing-torpedo-tanks-torpedo_provari2.jpg

CDATundra

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
Idaho
Lumis...PKZ's thread is excellent. Take a look. That being said, I use a few different tanks on my ProVari. I use a MAP, a JonBoy, and a VPX. They are all good, but you must be willing to put some time into them. They need to be cleaned, and dry burned. To do that, I tear them down completely and when they need to be refilled, I pop the top off and fill it up. I would say none of them are hassle free, but I like them enough that I am willing to put the effort into them. Good luck with your decision.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Holy crap! I wasn't expecting so many answers so soon.

Thanks for all the pics and links, I wasn't sure if there were tanks that fit better or worked any better on the Vari than others.

Anyone know which resistance works best with these tanks on the Vari? (Also what is considered standard resistance?)

Again, thanks for all the quick replies!

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I use a jonboyusmc tank 3.2ohm at 5.1 volts on my chrome provari.. I used to use a MAP tank but my juice just destroy's the poly tubes on the MAP..

If you purchase the original MAP Tank from the right vendor it comes with Polycarbonate tubing.

The tubing used for the jonboyusmc tanks is Lexan which is the same thing as Polycarbonate?

Lexan is a brand name for Polycarbonate.

I have never had a polycarbonate MAP Tank tube crack on me. However, I have heard from a couple of memebers who purchase MAP tank from the classified having cracking issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread