Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Make sure the nut that holds the switch in is tight. - Or before you tighten it, remove the nut entirely, pull the switch out and re-seat it. Make sure the spring that contacts the 510 connector is seating properly. When my second RS arrived, the nut was loose and the spring was shorting. It took a couple of tries but when the spring seats right, all is well.

backer

Jan 5, 2011
McAllen, TX
What a coincidence I just got mine in today as well same problem, just won't fire. Tried a few different cartos and attys different batteries, at the very best with one of the batteries I got the smallest little hit with what I can only describe as the smallest vapor production I have ever see, and I've used a blu ecig so that's saying something. Using TrustFire Protected 18650 Battery, 2400 mah batteries.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I can only imagine the disappointment you two feel . I just got my Maxi RS and it works fine. I'm sure Hoog will get you straightened out.

Remember that if the small piece of straw inside the atty connecter is not in place , the spring will contact the - side of atty connecter and the atty won't fire. It is only held in place with a dab of hot glue and could easily get jarred loose during shipment.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Russ

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Sorry folks, what the problem is is on the center contact of the top cap there is supposed to be a bit of solder to make contact with the battery top post. Some of these went out without the solder and it appears to be an issue with trying to make a good contact to the battery.. Really apologize for the problems and will get them resolved asap..

hoog

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
I happened upon an accidental improvement to replace the piece of straw. I have some of these Easy Brush Cleaners around. They have a hard plastic cap on them that has a hole in the end. I cut about 1/4" off the end of the cap, enlarged the hole in the end just a little to fit the center pin and it fits tightly into the back side of the connector. I didn't have to glue it or anything and it stays in place.

My RS has a KR-808/901 connector, so I can't verify if this will work with a 510 connector, but they are about the same size.

The brushes work good for cleaning the center tube and coils on you CE2s also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread