Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hi guys,

now my first reo was a grand love it now I got the mini love it even more and now I am of course considering a woody but still trying to figure out which one te mini wood or grand wood.

Now I found a question that will decide on my decision and would like to know can you vape at 5v with the reo woodville? Or is it 3.7v and 6v but 5v is not possible?

Hope my reo family jumps in and finds an answer for me.

Thanks everyone

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Haven't tried a 306, but I have used LR cartomizers on my Grand at 5V.

Thanks bjannr you should give the 306 a go I really enjoy them. Sadly I cannot do cartos I don't know why but I cannot do it on the reo. I use them on my other Pv's from time to time but to me the Reo=Atty but that may just be my opinion. Thanks for the help though bjannr.

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
I use the 5 volts all the time. Here is a couple pics. One is no load and one is under load of a standard Joye atty..
landlord-albums-mods-picture43098-reo-5-volt-bat.jpg

landlord-albums-mods-picture43099-reo-5-volt-bat-under-load.jpg

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
so Landlord (I'm pretty ignorant/dumb when it comes to electrics/wiring/V/W....) the bottom picture shows a 4.6 -- does that mean when you are hitting it you are only getting 4.6V out of the battery, not 5?

So when calculating watts, I should plug in 4.6 - 4.8 instead of 5 in order to decide what resistance atomizer I want to achieve those watts? I like a hotter hit -- so if I am using that battery it looks like I should go lower in ohms than I thought (I put 5 into the watts calculator)

marcalbar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Philippines
I'm eager to try the 5v setup on my Grand as well. Just ordered a couple of them from Randy @rtdvapor! :D
I've tried the dual coils on another 5v pv and I loved it so I hope it does the same for my Grands.

Right now, I'm loving Boge 2ohm cartos and dual coil cartos on my Grands. Can't seem to get the hand of atties.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
so Landlord (I'm pretty ignorant/dumb when it comes to electrics/wiring/V/W....) the bottom picture shows a 4.6 -- does that mean when you are hitting it you are only getting 4.6V out of the battery, not 5?

So when calculating watts, I should plug in 4.6 - 4.8 instead of 5 in order to decide what resistance atomizer I want to achieve those watts? I like a hotter hit -- so if I am using that battery it looks like I should go lower in ohms than I thought (I put 5 into the watts calculator)

The wattage produced is more or less a measurement of power or heat. The resistance to the applied voltage creates the wattage.
So, the more voltage applied, OR the lower the resistance to the voltage the more wattage produced, thus more heat...:evil:

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Thanks, Mike but I think I have that part down (FINALLY!)
My real question (I am terrible at getting those across) was:
is the output of the battery actuallllly ~4.6(at least for the battery in the picture) and NOT 5V. Because I am looking at that battery and trying to decide what atomizer to use. When using the ohms law calculator, I keep putting in 5(V) into the calculator and my desired wattage in order to know what resistance atomizer I should buy. However, would I be "misled" by presuming that the total watts would be a product of 5(V)? as it seems the V I should input into the calculator is actually something like 4.6-4.8 and then decide what atomizer I should get using my desired wattage and 4.6-4.8 insteaad of 5

AND BREATHE

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Thanks, Mike but I think I have that part down (FINALLY!)
My real question (I am terrible at getting those across) was:
is the output of the battery actuallllly ~4.6(at least for the battery in the picture) and NOT 5V. Because I am looking at that battery and trying to decide what atomizer to use. When using the ohms law calculator, I keep putting in 5(V) into the calculator and my desired wattage in order to know what resistance atomizer I should buy. However, would I be "misled" by presuming that the total watts would be a product of 5(V)? as it seems the V I should input into the calculator is actually something like 4.6-4.8 and then decide what atomizer I should get using my desired wattage and 4.6-4.8 insteaad of 5

AND BREATHE

What your seeing is known as the voltage drop caused by the resistance of the atty. The wattage produced is a direct result of the applied voltage, not the under load reading that shows the voltage drop. In order to get a specific wattage out, you must use the correct applied voltage in the ohms law calculator. Not what it is after the resistance of the atomiser reduces it. Understand?

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Mike. Thanks for sticking this one out with me HAHA :)

Now I believe I understand... I should NOT use the V depicted in the bottom picture of his that shows the 4.6 (the voltage drop picture) in the ohms calculator
However, the batteries themselves say 4.8 - so should I use 4.8 or 5? (Not really sure how big of a difference that makes, though)

Once again, Mike you're awesome

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Mike. Thanks for sticking this one out with me HAHA :)

Now I believe I understand... I should NOT use the V depicted in the bottom picture of his that shows the 4.6 (the voltage drop picture) in the ohms calculator
However, the batteries themselves say 4.8 - so should I use 4.8 or 5? (Not really sure how big of a difference that makes, though)

Once again, Mike you're awesome

Many Many years of electronics school and hands on Electronics Technician at a couple of companies..anyhow. Here's the info you need to use. The REAL accurate, actual voltage of your batts fresh off the charger, and the real measurement of the attys your using. Do you have a digital multimeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread