Overdose nicotine risk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I'm starting to get the feeling you're some sort of Troll Bob. Just about every post you've made in this forum is somehow health related,and how nicotine or using an e-cig effects one's health; from Hair loss to staining teeth. If you're that paranoid, smoke tobacco cigarettes, I'm sure they'll do you much better now that the FDA has been given oversight of that industry.

Antig

Jun 9, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi,

Is there a risk of nic overload ?
I mean how much is too much: how many eciggs/draggs do you take per day ?
Some have had overdos nic symptoms don't you think it might be the PG known as a skin irritant ?
What do you think ?

I agree with bri, this kind of question is really common sense. It all depends on the user. Not everyone has the same genes, nor the same body mass & structure, nor the same weight, nor the same susceptibility. And if PG is such a severe skin irritant, why have people been using in it cakes and candy for decades?

BobFranco

Jun 2, 2009
About hair loss and stain teeth I try to bust those myths/lies and not to sustain them.
If tobacco cigarettes are not banned by FDA and are available everywhere why should it be dangerous after all ? they must be good, no ?

FDA allows cigarettes that are dangerous and allow PG in cakes, why PG in cakes wouldn't be dangerous as well ?

I don't know who ' s the paranoid in this.

If you look on my others post and replies I am talking about health benefits of nicotine.

Antig you said :" if PG is such a severe skin irritant" Did I say that ?
Read my question I" ve never said SEVERE.
It is a fact that PG causes skin irritation. Do your homework.

My question was "how many eciggs/draggs do YOU take per day ?"
Also "Is there a risk of nic overload ?" the answer is yes.

That isn' t about me but was curious about you, like a sondage thing you know....

I hope not all of you in this forum are brainless like that.

keep it up

Antig

Jun 9, 2009
Los Angeles
About hair loss and stain teeth I try to bust those myths/lies and not to sustain them.
If tobacco cigarettes are not banned by FDA and are available everywhere why should it be dangerous after all ? they must be good, no ?

FDA allows cigarettes that are dangerous and allow PG in cakes, why PG in cakes wouldn't be dangerous as well ?

I don't know who ' s the paranoid in this.

If you look on my others post and replies I am talking about health benefits of nicotine.

Antig you said :" if PG is such a severe skin irritant" Did I say that ?
Read my question I" ve never said SEVERE.
It is a fact that PG causes skin irritation. Do your homework.

That isn' t about me but was curious about you, like a sondage thing you know....

I hope not all of you in this forum are brainless like that.

keep it up

Good job, you've successfully proven to me that you are as smart as a carrot. Would you like a cookie? USPS Priority or UPS Ground?

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
I regularly vape 16mg for hours at a time with little or no effect, apart from a sense of relaxation (which may or may not be psychological).

It's nigh on impossible to seriously overdose while vaping (or smoking). If you vape super strong liquids very heavily then maybe you'll get a bit queezy - but then you stop and feel fine. Nicotine is a self regulating drug, this is well known - you'd have to deliberately try to OD in order to do it.

It's easier to overdose on patches because you cannot self regulate.

As far as being an irritant - I regularly get eliquid on my fingers - and haven't noticed any issues at all. I use VG based liquid though.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA

Personally, I have the damn thing stapled to my lips. I switch between my 801 and 901 almost all day whilst I work at my computer. Granted, I'm only using 3-6mg and no nic liquids.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
These questions have been vigorously addressed in the Health section. Go read it. Go read the science.

My 9-year-old granddaughter was swimming in the family's pool the other day and her eyes got irritated by chlorine. Her momma got out the medicated eyedrops. Showed me the ingredients as she squeezed drops in each eye. The major ingredient? Propylene glycol as the carrier! Directly in each eye.

Read crap science if you want to. The real science will provide quick answers to your concerns. Yes, I'm sick of posts like this ...

Mitty

Nov 1, 2008
Louisville , Kentucky
AS any analog user will tell you if you start to get too much Nic in you it stops being an enjoyable experience and you stop. Your body isn't stupid and if you listen to it you generally don't give it more than what it wants.

I Use the Njoy pen and Npro units. I don't know if the other units do this but Njoys flash the tip if you draw longer than 8 seconds or more than a preset number of times per minute as a warning that you need to slow down. So even if you dont listen to yrou body, the Njoy is goign to give you a friendly reminder anyway so ODing is really more a case of Operator eror than a flaw in the delivery method.

so there ya go, my thoughts on Nic overload. ITs not fun, it makes you feel like crap and unless you like punishing yourself most smokers arent going to OD with Analogs or E-cigs.

and Bob, you're right on the button abotu these posts.

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
Hi everyone, I am new here but had something interesting to add: I quit analogs in mid-March and have had great results with the e-cig. I dont crave cigs at all but vape 16 and 24 mg all day.

My dr. thought he e-cig was a great idea and the only advice he gave was "nicotine is water soluable but can also be dehydrating. Just be sure to drink plenty of liquids while using this e-cig."

Pretty hard to overdose on nicotine if you drink plenty of liquids. :)

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Look, we all know that it's virtually impossible to overdose on nicotine through vapor. You'll get light headed from hyper ventilating long before you'll get enough nicotine to overdose. The only way it would be possible would be to drink the fluid.

The bottom line here? Bob is a troll. Don't feed the troll, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread