• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you think of the SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
The SD is a very good investment. I own two of them.
Yes battery life is longer, and the batteries are "dirt" cheap also. For the price of one 510 battery, you could buy about 12 SD batteries.
The SD provides a very nice vapor, and the draw required is very smooth and easy.
I my opinion, the battery power of 3.7 volts is just right. I've found that high powered Mods. that produce around 6 or more volts actually "destroy" eliquid flavor. Also, the more power an ecig has, the faster the atomizer will fry out. Remember though, it is a manual switch vaporizer. Some people prefer an auto switch Chinese e cig., which I view as a reliability problem.
I say "go for it". If it doesn't pan out for you, you can re-sell it. They hold value pretty good, so you would recoup most of your investment if you sold it.
Personally, I feel the Screw Driver is extremely well balanced in every way.

I would suggest going to Trog's website and do some research there. You'll find all the accurate info.

Screw Driver Site: http://www.ecigscrewdriver.com/

Last edited:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
you only need to look around the forum to see how highly the SD is regarded by those that own one.

I Don't own a 510 e-cig completley so I cant compare the two . but the SD will stomp on any generic ecig hands down, actually , I think the 510 is one of the few models i don't have ..hehe

If you get a SD you won't need another ecig , you may want one just because you can , but my SD fits all my needs.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
JrdUK I am in the same boat as you.

I am really swaying towards getting a SD. I currently us Evo (M401) but a combination of niggles (constantly charging/hardish draws/poor outdoor performace etc) is making me seriously consider the SD.

I did have the concern that loss of flavour might be an issue but that was before I realised that the SD is not a high voltage device. My only real concern now is cost. I have a whole load of Evo equipment so if I go with the SD I have to start from scratch!

Anyway from all the info on this forum and Trogs site forum it certainly seems that the SD is very highly regarded.

I too really fancied the silver version.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
I just got a reply and put my order in! Friday I will be a proud owner of a SD :D:D:D

Think I'll buy a set of 5x Attys from TW as well I like their little branded devil!

Well done m8 - I tried to post a reply to your post on SD forum but it wouldnt let me log in?

Bet Friday can't come soon enough!

Congrats.

Kula.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
You really don't know what you're missing until you get one.

Then you REALLY know what you've been missing after you vape with one.

I have 2 SDs and yesterday I got the GG in the mail. Wanted to give that 6v mega power a try.

I got the 510 adapter with the GG and anyone who thinks that you lose flavor with the 510 atty is so wrong, just the opposite.

Everything is totally enhanced with 6v e-cigs. But they are definitely juice hogs.

Now I just have to find a 510 adapter for my SDs. Maybe Trog will make one someday. Hope?

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Another SD devotee here too, I bought one and I've become so dependent on it that I've bought a second one as a spare - apart from checking it on delivery I've not had to use it yet. Batteries last me about one working day between charges, so two a day is it at most. Batteries are cheap. I have a silver 901 version and I don't feel that much flavour is lost compared to he 901, whereas vapour is like a 901 on top form all the time.

Cinnabar624

Apr 24, 2009
Dayton OH
I can hardly imagine life without my SD now. I too have a 2nd on order for a back-up. I haven't tried a Prodigy or GG, but I can hardly imagine that either would be better than the SD. It's small, dependable, convenient-I have my SD and a small bottle of e-juice on my person at all times. I tried the analog look-alikes and they just don't begin to compare to the performance of the SD. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
I am soooo tempted to get one.

I was discussing it with my wife tonight (it is my birthday soon and thats a great excuse to buy one!) but she has the concern that it is a lot of money and I might not use it. She saw me give away my 510 to my sister becuase I felt that it didn't look cigaretty enough. So I know where she is coming from but I think with the SD it is not even attempting to look like a ciggy .

I also have a slight concern about flavour - or lack of it. Flavour is very important to me and having never tried a 901 I am concerned a bit.

HHMmm will I wont I???

Kula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread