Not open for further replies.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
There are quite a few of these ads in FB and each one has the same type of ad solicinting "clients" who have been harmed by these "deadly alternatives to real cigarettes."
I posted my feelings at couple of the law firms.
I also sent that info from facebook to "vocalek" so she could see they types of crap law firms are advocating for.
C.B.

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
Pretty sad.

Bet they don't know an overdose of water is 100% fatal and water is used for combustion engine coolant.

Chocolate is also poisonous. Any lawsuits vs Hershey or Cadbury?

From Wikipedia:

Theobromine poisoning or chocolate poisoning is an adverse reaction to the alkaloid theobromine, found in chocolate, tea, cola beverages,[citation needed] açaí berries,[citation needed] and some other foods. Cacao beans contain about 1.2% theobromine by weight, while processed chocolate, in general, has smaller amounts. The amount found in highly refined chocolate candies (typically 1.4 - 2.1 g/kg or 40 - 60 milligrams per ounce) is much lower than that of dark chocolate or unsweetened baker's chocolate ( > 14 g/kg or 400 mg/oz).

In general, the amount of theobromine found in chocolate is small enough such that chocolate can be safely consumed by humans. However occasional serious side effects may result from the consumption of large quantities, especially in the elderly.[1] In extreme cases, emergency room treatment may be required.[2]

Serious poisoning happens more frequently in domestic animals, which metabolize theobromine much more slowly than humans, and can easily consume enough chocolate to cause chocolate poisoning. The most common victims of theobromine poisoning are dogs,[3][4][5] for which it can be fatal. The toxic dose for cats is even lower than for dogs. However, cats are less prone to eating chocolate since they are unable to taste sweetness.[6] Theobromine is much less toxic to rats and mice, due to their relative genetic similarity to primates; they and humans all have an LD50 about 1000 mg/kg.

Toxic (LD50) doses of theobromine have only been published for humans, cats, dogs, rats, and mice; these differ by a factor 6 across species (see the table in this article). The toxicity for (pet) birds is not known, but it is typically assumed that chocolate is dangerous for birds, especially since birds like to eat chocolate.[7]

The first signs of theobromine poisoning are nausea, vomiting, ........, and increased urination. These can progress to cardiac arrhythmias, epileptic seizures, internal bleeding, heart attacks, and eventually death.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
There are quite a few of these ads in FB and each one has the same type of ad solicinting "clients" who have been harmed by these "deadly alternatives to real cigarettes."
I posted my feelings at couple of the law firms.
I also sent that info from facebook to "vocalek" so she could see they types of crap law firms are advocating for.
C.B.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check. I don't get to Facebook every day.

BigFish

Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
The main thing that they're missing is that:

"The FDA includes Propylene glycol on its list of substances Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)..."

-- and--

"PG has been used as the aqueous-based chemical additive in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s, with no serious side effects known." --source: Danger of Inhaling Propylene Glycol | eHow.com

We are creatures of habit, so any kind of drastic change is going to be met with resistance.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
The main thing that they're missing is that:

"The FDA includes Propylene glycol on its list of substances Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)..."

-- and--

"PG has been used as the aqueous-based chemical additive in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s, with no serious side effects known." --source: Danger of Inhaling Propylene Glycol | eHow.com

We are creatures of habit, so any kind of drastic change is going to be met with resistance.

I have yet to see info regarding vaporizing PG or VG and inhaling it regularly ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread