Blu E Cig Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophicod

Jul 14, 2011
Texas
Okay, I received a Blu on Friday and have been using it almost a week. I havent smoked regular cigarettes since which is great. However, the 2 blu batteries dont seem to last for anything. Generally 2 uses at the most.

It seems as though the batteries are continuously discharged while in the rechargeable pack even when unscrewed from the charging part. I open the pack and the blue lights on the batteries are on or flashing slowly as they sit in there and it seems to be draining their power.

Does the blue light flashing quickly mean that the battery is dying?

The usb charger never goes green to indicate a full charge. it is red for about 10 minutes and then it turns blue and this is when the battery is seemingly dead.

The cartridges themselves are fine flavors okay, they do seems to get rather unflavored after having smoked about 4 cigarettes worth of a cartridge. Seems to bring a little throat irritation after a cartridge has reached this point.

This is not a gripe. I do like it and want to continue to use an E Cig but I am not sure if this is the right brand. I just want to be able to have two charged batteries that will last through the day and not have to be waiting for a little charge on a lunch break so I can use it.

Thanks,

Matt

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
Hi, Matt!
Listen, the thing with e-cigs is that the closer to an analog size, the shorter the battery life. So if you want more battery, and don't mind a bit of fiddling, then go with something like an ego. E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings has good ones fairly inexpensively.

If size matters, then you might be happier with a model number kr808d-1. Try the volt. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Standard Starter Kit - Starter Kits teh 78mm (longer) Batteries last a quite bit longer than you are describing on the blu, and they sell pre-filled cartomizers that you don't have to fuss with if you don't wish to.

Good luck, and we'll help all that we can!
Enjoy,
E.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
By two uses do you mean like 20 puffs or 2 drags?? Those little batteries won't last more than an hour. The pcc could only be giving a partial charge as well. What it comes down to is blu has a poor track record to begin with. But those little batteries are really the worst there is for battery life. If you had a 510 batt or even better an 808 batt (both mini cig looking batts) you would get at least 2x the vape time. You bought the shortest battery life device you could. An 808 battery is a better bet. Like ember said, if you want a cig sized e cig, the Volt from smokeless image is what you want. Has a nice pcc too.

If you don't want to worry about any charging during the day. Get a 1000mah ego and problem solved. I'd get one that also is a passthrough battery. Like THIS Now you will not have to worry. The looks of the tiny e cig are pretty until you use one. I use and like my 808 batts (same as volt) good luck

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Been useing the Blue for 6 months, I'll share my experiance here.
It seems as though the batteries are continuously discharged while in the rechargeable pack even when unscrewed from the charging part. I open the pack and the blue lights on the batteries are on or flashing slowly as they sit in there and it seems to be draining their power.
That is part of the Auto switch functioning. Anoying yes. LEDs don't use much electrisity, so if it is just lighting the LED no real harm. So, unscrew the Carto from the assembaled unit just to break electrical contact before putting it back into the pack.

Does the blue light flashing quickly mean that the battery is dying?
10-14 flashes means the Auto cut-off has been reached, stop vapeing for 15 seconds and go agien.
30 quick flashes, your battery is dead, switch them out.
edit: charge the dead one, and switch to the spare.

The usb charger never goes green to indicate a full charge. it is red for about 10 minutes and then it turns blue and this is when the battery is seemingly dead.
No chargeing on the Blu will turn green.
PCC charging e-cig battery, packs blue light is on, light goes off cycles on off, its charged.
USB to PCC- the conector to USB port glows Blue while chargeing, turns off when PCC is charged.
USB to E-cig battery- Red while charging, blu when charged. If you feel that its not charged yet, try re-connecing it.

NOTE: The Blu uses revese Polarity. Do NOT use a different charger then what came with the Blu.

The cartridges themselves are fine flavors okay, they do seems to get rather unflavored after having smoked about 4 cigarettes worth of a cartridge. Seems to bring a little throat irritation after a cartridge has reached this point.
The whole "1 cartomizer is a pack of smokes" does not hold true.
But, these cartos should be lasting a little longer then you are stateing.
The Blu uses a VG Nicquid, which is thicker and does not flow as easily.
That cartomizer may just need to sit and wick for a little while.

I will sometimes but one back into the pack, use another carto for awhile, then revisit the first one, to get a bit more vape time off of it.

Last edited:

LadyLynx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
WA
I had my Blu for a week, and returned it. The 510 mega is night and day. Those stupid batteries kept going off in the pack, no vape, just not worth the $$$. If you can stick with it good for you! You have more patience than I do.

Good luck no matter what you choose!! The important part is that you can find a PV that pleases you and keeps you off the analogs

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
BTW if you switch to a 510, do not use the Blu charger with it. The threading is the same, they can use each other's standard resistance cartomizers, but the Blu batteries and chargers are the opposite electrical polarity vs normal 510. So a Blu charger can fry a 510 battery and vice versa and that is very dangerous. So if you get 510 use the 510 charger only on 510 batteries.

100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping

Joye 510 xl batteries (manual HIGHLY recommended) are 280mah of charge (and about 128mm long with a cartomizer)
Joye 510 standard manual batteries are 180mah
I believe Blu batteries are under 100mah - around 90mah

Fat battery 510's like Ego and Riva 510 are much higher, starting at 650mah and with bigger batteries available up to 1300mah

trophicod

Jul 14, 2011
Texas
I had my Blu for a week, and returned it. The 510 mega is night and day. Those stupid batteries kept going off in the pack, no vape, just not worth the $$$. If you can stick with it good for you! You have more patience than I do.

Good luck no matter what you choose!! The important part is that you can find a PV that pleases you and keeps you off the analogs

What is a 510 Mega? To much terminology for me/

trophicod

Jul 14, 2011
Texas
Awesome! Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up getting a Joye 510 from the kingpin website and so far it completely surpasses anything the blue would have been. I can almost get away with using one battery all day. I LOVE IT!!

The only thing is that I dont understand how to load the liquid. It came with these prefilled cartridges that have this material in it where the liquid is. The fiber stuff fills the liquid from top to bottom so I dont see how I would add the liquid.

i removed one of the fiber things but couldnt get it back in the cartridge after filling it with liquid.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Been useing the Blue for 6 months, I'll share my experiance here.

That is part of the Auto switch functioning. Anoying yes. LEDs don't use much electrisity, so if it is just lighting the LED no real harm. So, unscrew the Carto from the assembaled unit just to break electrical contact before putting it back into the pack.

10-14 flashes means the Auto cut-off has been reached, stop vapeing for 15 seconds and go agien.
30 quick flashes, your battery is dead, switch them out.
edit: charge the dead one, and switch to the spare.

No chargeing on the Blu will turn green.
PCC charging e-cig battery, packs blue light is on, light goes off cycles on off, its charged.
USB to PCC- the conector to USB port glows Blue while chargeing, turns off when PCC is charged.
USB to E-cig battery- Red while charging, blu when charged. If you feel that its not charged yet, try re-connecing it.

NOTE: The Blu uses revese Polarity. Do NOT use a different charger then what came with the Blu.

The whole "1 cartomizer is a pack of smokes" does not hold true.
But, these cartos should be lasting a little longer then you are stateing.
The Blu uses a VG Nicquid, which is thicker and does not flow as easily.
That cartomizer may just need to sit and wick for a little while.

I will sometimes but one back into the pack, use another carto for awhile, then revisit the first one, to get a bit more vape time off of it.

This is a good example of why Blu is a POS model. Do yourself a favor and get your money back and get a good beginner PV, such as the RIVA 510 or the E-Power. 5 hours on a charge and none of the extreme hassle required to vape poorly on a Blu.

Meddog

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Houston
If you like the blue, then please check out volt from smokeless image. The battery life is much longer, and they are much more reasonably priced. You can fill the cart with any juice you want or buy theirs. The starter kit is cheap enough. If a cig sized pv is what works for you, then stay with that size, just get a higher quality battery (or three)

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
You might want to check that the connections to the charger is dry and free of gunk build -up. I had a problem with charging my Riva batts this Spring. I would connect them to the charger and either there was no light or the light showed the batt was fully charged. I found that when I wiped out the charger and the batt tip it charged very well. I also cleaned out built-up gunk with the tip of a pen knife.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    If you're fiddling with the filler in your cartridges, use a pair of tweezers. If you start pulling little threads of filler out, they will just burn on your atomizer. And if you don't put the filler back the same way it went in, it may not wick juice to the atomizer very well.

As for filling cartridges, you can just drip e-juice onto the filler until the filler stops sucking up e-juice. If you go over, just shake the excess onto a paper towel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread