Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
VG (vegetable glycerine) can be found at wal-mart or almost any drug store in the Rx skin care section. $3-5 for 6-12 oz. It is used as a skin moisturizer.

PG (propylene glycol) can be found at almost any feed store. $20-30 per gallon. It is used to prevent/treat ketosis in cattle.

Make sure you get USP grade to ensure quality, and it would be a good idea not to mention its intended use.

hobson

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Houston
I purchased glycerin at CVS and then read the tiny print on the back that said 'for external use only' so I opted to get NOW glycerin from Whole Foods. Walgreens pharmacies in Houston would not sell PG to me so after much searching I found a compounding pharmacy. If the bottle has proper labeling they will sell it without a prescription.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
VG (vegetable glycerine) can be found at wal-mart or almost any drug store in the Rx skin care section. $3-5 for 6-12 oz. It is used as a skin moisturizer.

PG (propylene glycol) can be found at almost any feed store. $20-30 per gallon. It is used to prevent/treat ketosis in cattle.

Make sure you get USP grade to ensure quality, and it would be a good idea not to mention its intended use.

why not mention your intended use?

as for Walgreens, ask the pharmacist if they can sell you PG. they use it in compounding.

note...here in OK, they WILL NOT sell it. i've heard others say they bought it just fine in other states, so just ask.

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
yeah, so is it ok to use the glycerin at walmart pharmacy? i saw some for like $3 a bottle. i didnt look for much details but it said something like 99% glycerin and something else.

USP Food Grade is the Vegetable Glycerine - VG
Yea - I think I know the one you mean - Had it in my hand and put it down -
It should say USP FOOD GRADE - Either on the front or in the description
I would not trust anything else - I got it at Whole Foods $8.?? for a 16oz -
Mine says "Vegetable Glycerine 100% Pure" Right on the front made by NOW personal Care

You don't want something that just says Glycerine - That's something else altogether I think.

Propylene Glycol is the other one that is in all the carts - PG - can get at Tractor Supply Dionne Keotosis Treatment Gallon Cattle Medicine - 2209731 | Tractor Supply Company

And - What is up with places not wanting to sell PG? They think you cooking crack or something? - That's an odd item to withold :confused:

Last edited:

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
If you cant find PG. (i went everywhere and every pharmacist either told me "we dont sell compounding material" or the looked at me stupid and said "how do you spell that") Go to a walmart pharmacy and they will order it for you $9 for a pint (480ml) mine was in the next day.

how this helps

oh and btw you can sometimes find U.S.P. with the skin ointments (calamine lotion and stuff like that) and it works the same. it may say some stuff about not injesting but ive never had a problem with it. as long as it says U.S.P. or F.A.A.

FlyingIrishman

Jun 18, 2009
Denver, CO
Why do you guy's buy PG? I am new to this....

So i think i remenber reading somewhere in here that you can buy pg juice from some walgreens or perhaps at some grocery stores.
so has anyone else found pg juice anywhere besides online? and if i were find it in walgreens where (what section) would it be. what is it generally sold as/for?

thx

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
Why do you guy's buy PG? I am new to this....
To dilute the ready made juices - or if you smoke no nicotine juice and want to make your own flavors - The ready made juice is mostly PG base of 80-95% -

So are you guys sure that the stuff that just says Glycerine at Walgreen's is VG - I figured it was ok but there are many kinds of Glycerine other than Vegetable - What is that other 1%? - I think I'll stick to the ones that say %100 Pure FOOD GRADE - You could also say that you've been eating small amounts of rat poison for a while and not noticed anything - but that don't make it good for you -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread