Not open for further replies.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
Hello everyone.

I have been fiddling around with DIY liquid and have had some good luck making stuff I like, but the throat hit seemed to be light to null in most of my tasty vapor treats. I am using mainly PG/food grade glycerin as the base then water based flavor from liquidxpress.

I got my order from Lorann today and decided to test out a drop of the carmel and a drop of the honey with what was left of my Mr. Bean flavored liquid and It kicked up the throat hit a good 30% in looking at the ingrediants the only thing added is the flavor and a bit of water. has anyone broken this down or figured out what type of flavors or other juice additives could be causing the throat hit?

Thanks in advance,

-Jason

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
Two things from my experience: 1. manual switch where you can heat up the atomizer more and get warmer vapor; 2. higher nicotine content.

Thanks for the tips, tho I hope there is a way to do it without the nic content. I have found that my cravings are more than satisfied with under 3 mg. and am hoping to get down to vaping 0. Not that I wont ever use Nicotine, but I hate feeling like a slave to the addiction. I have been a nicotine addict for over 15 years now and the idea of not needing a fix is very appealing.

I long for the days when I can just vape 0 mg because I enjoy it and add in the nicotine as a special treat. :p

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
what wv2win said...........plus pg will produce more throat hit and vg will kill the throat hit but make nice clouds..........so lose the glycerine

there is also a link around here somewhere about things other people have added to increase throat hit

Thank you for the reply. I tried searching around, but couldn't find anything pointed. I suppose search term "more throat hit" might help :) In any case I may be using to much of the glycerin. I enjoy the thicker vapor I get from it, but I have been using about 30% Ill try to take that down to 15% and gauge the results.

Thanks again!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks for the tips, tho I hope there is a way to do it without the nic content. I have found that my cravings are more than satisfied with under 3 mg. and am hoping to get down to vaping 0. Not that I wont ever use Nicotine, but I hate feeling like a slave to the addiction. I have been a nicotine addict for over 15 years now and the idea of not needing a fix is very appealing.

Sun Vaporer, a long time member, uses 0 nic home made juice and he adds, lemon juice, vinigar and 100 proof vodka to get throat hit. You could PM him for his receipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread