Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
This is my impressions of the GG. I've been vaping with it this week and thought I'd share my experiences.

When it arrived, my very first impression was that it wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. It's just an unch longer then my screwdriver (SD) and its width is just an unch smaller than the SD.

It has a very solid feel to it and fits nicely in my hand. It has that hand-crafted quality look and feel that we don't see much of now-a-days. The button is a nice size and I understand that it is adjustable, but it came preset to a good height. I played with the button a bit and it pops up and down nicely.

I unscrewed the end cap to pop in the batteries and the first thing I notice is that there are no wires or soldering inside the battery case. All the components, both inside the case and outside, are all manually crafted into place. So I'm thinking how the heck Imeo (the designer and manufacturer of the GG) got his hands in there to position those tiny pieces in place LOL!

The atomizer end-cap, battery side, doesn't have one of those springy things but a flat base plate that pops up and down. I'm thinking this is very good for me - I don't have much luck with those springy things, they seem to untwist or unravel and I have to fiddle with getting them curled again. The end caps thread on and off nicely with a very good fit.

So I screw on a 901 atty, which screws on nice and tight, drip a few drops on the atty, put the mouthpiece on and take a drag. oh… my… god!! The first thing I notice is the enhanced warmth of the vapor - I mean my whole mouth filled with very warm, very soothing vapor. And the flavor - I never knew my liquid tasted that good! I then inhale the vapor and the throat hit I got was absolute heaven - none of my previous e-cigs even came close to giving me that kind of throat hit. I'm thinking wow, wow, and wow again!

I take a few more drags and my room is like this vapor filled den hahaha!! Hubby comes in, takes one look, shakes his head, and walks out. Now I'm sitting there looking at this amazing device and the biggest grin spreads across my face. For the very first time since I started vaping I realize that I have finally found what I've been looking for.

The warmth, vapor, and throat hit from the GG are absolute heaven. There's no other way to describe it - a little bit of heaven on earth for my vaping satisfaction.

It almost feels surreal - everything is SO enhanced - the warmth, the vapor, the throat hit, even the flavor. Only when the battery charge got very low did I notice a difference in performance.

I bought the 510 adapter with the GG, so now I try that. Nice good fit to the GG and to the atty. Drip a few drops on the atty, put the mouth piece on, and WOW - I didn't know the 510 atty could do that hahaha!!

So now I primarily use the 510 atty with the GG. It's interesting in that the 510 atty doesn’t get nearly as hot as it did with the 510 battery. The only explanation I would have for that is the 510 adapter barrier is blocking some of the heat transfer.

I haven't fried any attys this week, either 510 or 901, but I do keep them wet, without flooding them of course.

Since using the GG this week, I realize I didn't know what I was missing. But now vaping with the GG, I REALLY know what I was missing!

I now know why Imeo calls this puppy immortal - I think it will last me forever and I am SO in my comfort zone.

CONS:
None I can think of right now. The design and overall build of the GG is remarkable. The only con I can think of is I can't seem to get the GG unglued from my mouth hahaha!!

PROS:
Significant improvement in warmth, vapor production, throat hit, flavor vs vaping at 3.6 volts. Solid, durable, built tough. Exceptional hand-crafted quality workmanship

I can use a 3.6 v battery with a spacer if I want lower volts, but after vaping with 6 volts I don't see that happening. I've found I can take very short drags and still get full effects rather than having to take a looong drag to get good vapor and throat hit. Definitely a plus!

From what I understand, the next models have a security button added where it can be locked and not depressed accidentally. I think the next generation of GGs is going to be what Imeo calls the GG Transformer where you can have the best of all worlds with versatility of design and voltage capabilities.

I definitely recommend the GG.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
what she said ====

excellent mamu,
you did such a good job, there is nothing to add,
except this one point --

--- if, and big if, - ever --
something does break on the GG,
it is so well designed and constructed,
you can go to the local hardware store,
buy a small part, and fix it yourself in 5 minutes--

this is not an e-cig mod that you will use for the life of a few attys,
this is a brilliantly designed, and skillfully handcrafted
immortal e-cig that will be with you for a very long time,
probably for the best part, of the rest of your life.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Great review, mamu. As you know from my many PMs to you on the subject :D, I'm most interested in this mod.

I'm looking for an e-cig that provides full flavor, plumes of vapor and decent throat hit - with consistent reliability. Good looks don't hurt either. Some of the other mods look like they come straight out of a toolbox, IMO I'm impressed that the GG has no wiring or soldering that can become problematic down the road. I want my next (last?) e-cig to fulfill all my needs and last a very long time with little to no maintenance.

Another thing that's important to me is good customer service and communication from the supplier. Both the developer and supplier for the GG appear very attentive to the customer's needs and desires.

Yup, I foresee a GG purchase in the very near future.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
You did a wonderful job Mamu!
Being honest with everything is the absolute best way to go when it comes to these things cause there are plenty of people here that would act on impulse by words alone, and your words were beautifully said. and more importantly the God's honest truth.

There are some people that will praise things just to be cool and known there are some that do it for freebies and incentives, then there are some that has found their perfect device and wants to share it with the world to try in knowing facts that they will indeed share this amazing feeling with you. We my friend just like our other friends are the latter.
Simply outstanding Mamu!

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Great review, mamu. As you know from my many PMs to you on the subject :D, I'm most interested in this mod.

I'm looking for an e-cig that provides full flavor, plumes of vapor and decent throat hit - with consistent reliability. Good looks don't hurt either. Some of the other mods look like they come straight out of a toolbox, IMO I'm impressed that the GG has no wiring or soldering that can become problematic down the road. I want my next (last?) e-cig to fulfill all my needs and last a very long time with little to no maintenance.

Another thing that's important to me is good customer service and communication from the supplier. Both the developer and supplier for the GG appear very attentive to the customer's needs and desires.

Yup, I foresee a GG purchase in the very near future.

Hiya Judge - Yes, I think the GG has been very well designed and constructed. Although I've had it for only about a week, I don't see any breakable parts or where there would be problematic failures. Only need to pop in fresh batteries every once in a while and you're good to go.

You're right - the GG is definitely not a mod. You can tell from inside to outside that the design and construction has been very well thought out and will last.

I think you're going to be very happy with what the GG will give you. I know I am.

Yes, the developer, Imeo, is very accessible and does try hard to make sure his GG customers are taken care of. His customer service goes above and beyond. It's quite refreshing, actually.

Last edited:

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... From what I understand, the next models have a security button added where it can be locked and not depressed accidentally. I think the next generation of GGs is going to be what Imeo calls the GG Transformer where you can have the best of all worlds with versatility of design and voltage capabilities. ...

Very nice review! I am really interested in the next generation of GG -- do you know when is to going to be available? Also, is there any reseller in USA?

This part of your review impressed me a lot:
... there are no wires or soldering inside the battery case. All the components, both inside the case and outside, are all manually crafted into place. ... The atomizer end-cap, battery side, doesn't have one of those springy things but a flat base plate that pops up and down. I'm thinking this is very good for me - I don't have much luck with those springy things, they seem to untwist or unravel and I have to fiddle with getting them curled again. The end caps thread on and off nicely with a very good fit. ...

I am not good with springs and things either, so having a solid piece that doesn't require much manual dexterity or that doesn't have all kinds of things that can get lose is a huge plus for me.

How are your atomizers doing on that high voltage?

Fred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Belgium
Very nice review! I am really interested in the next generation of GG -- do you know when is to going to be available? Also, is there any reseller in USA?
Last news from our greek designer friend are that the new model (Transformer) will be out in 2 weeks: friday the 3rd of july.
If you want to use mainly the 6V mode the current model (Grant) is as good if not better in my humble customer opinion.
The new model will be a big improvement for 3,7V users with two or three times the battery life compared to the Grant.

Currently, SmokeJuice.co.uk is the only seller. They deliver to the USA really rapidly from what I read in "The GG" manufacturer sub-forum here.

I am not good with springs and things either, so having a solid piece that doesn't require much manual dexterity or that doesn't have all kinds of things that can get lose is a huge plus for me.
You won't even touch a spring ;-)
I can't tell you exactly how it is made inside but be assured there is no lose part at all. It's a pretty incredible piece of Artwork.

How are your atomizers doing on that high voltage?
From what I read from other users and from my own usage:
if you keep them wet they will last as long as for 3,7V models (and in fact 6V tends to keep them even more 'clean' inside).
The only atomizer I fried was due to trying dry smoking without putting enough liquid... kinda logic.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Last news from our greek designer friend are that the new model (Transformer) will be out in 2 weeks: friday the 3rd of july.
Currently, SmokeJuice.co.uk is the only seller. They deliver to the USA really rapidly from what I read in "The GG" manufacturer sub-forum here.
Fred, THANK YOU for the info and for pointing out the GG forum. I always thought about the suppliers section as for vendors/sellers and never thought of a mod as a vendor. But I have to say that when I saw the Transformer video my jaw dropped. It looks really amazing and a very elegant design. I will definitely wait for that one because it seems that it will give you the best of all worlds.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Fred, THANK YOU for the info and for pointing out the GG forum. I always thought about the suppliers section as for vendors/sellers and never thought of a mod as a vendor. But I have to say that when I saw the Transformer video my jaw dropped. It looks really amazing and a very elegant design. I will definitely wait for that one because it seems that it will give you the best of all worlds.

Sar - the GG is not a mod.

It's original hand crafted design and construction is not "modified" after anything. You can tell that right away when you see it in person.

All the mods I've seen have wires and soldering and circuits holding it together so that it works. The GG has none of that.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Sar - the GG is not a mod.

It's original hand crafted design and construction is not "modified" after anything. You can tell that right away when you see it in person.

All the mods I've seen have wires and soldering and circuits holding it together so that it works. The GG has none of that.

Yes sar, --

a " Mod " is an e-cig modified and created from another part
like a battery box, or a flashlite, or so ---

The GG is as mamu said,
and all GG owners know first hand,
a Unique concept, an original design,
and a skillfully hand crafted piece of vaping magic.

When you get to see one - in person -
with no glue, no solder, and all handcrafted parts -
you will understand the simple brilliance
of this immortal machine.

Imeo has proven again, and again,
his conceptual brilliance and skillful implementation
of his brilliant and unique ideas, in the development
and upgrading of the GG models.
To give us what we, the GG family believes
is the best vaping device available today.

When you meet GG, you will understand
why we, the GG family rave on so about it,
you too will become one of us,
---------------A true GG believer.
awesome2.gif
-----------

Last edited:

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Thanks mamu and dikerry for the "mod" correction. I do like the design and plan to get the Transformer when it becomes available.

But reading through some of the posts on the forum I am just a bit concerned that perhaps GG doesn't exist at all? That this is some type of smokescreen/vapescreen to get people to join some strange Greek cult? Does one vape the GG or worship it from afar? :) :D :confused:

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Thanks mamu and dikerry for the "mod" correction. I do like the design and plan to get the Transformer when it becomes available.

But reading through some of the posts on the forum I am just a bit concerned that perhaps GG doesn't exist at all? That this is some type of smokescreen/vapescreen to get people to join some strange Greek cult? Does one vape the GG or worship it from afar? :) :D :confused:
The GG exist in Kentucky at my house. I am using it right now. I am vaping it. Can't wait for the Transformer!

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

ROFLMAO!! Thanks so much for the laughs Sar. You made my day.

I have NO idea how to answer your second question hahaha!!

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
I got my GG yesterday and I can say that all the glorious accolades are totally justified. It's a beautifully hand crafted work of art that truly performs.

As everyone says, it's smaller than it looks in the pictures/videos. I'm petite and it fits in my hand perfectly and doesn't look like something that came straight out of a toolbox. It's solid yet surprisingly light. The manual brass button in strategically placed at the end and easy to operate with my pinky.

There is no wiring, no soldering, no glue and no springs, all of which have the potential to go bad sooner or later (probably sooner).

The vapor this machine produces is absolutely stupendous. Thick, smooth and full of flavor.

I've tried many and various units with moderate success but have been left unsatisfied. I still felt the need for that morning analog and a couple of others throughout the day - until the GG.

I've found the end of the rainbow - the perfect e-cig - total satisfaction! It's worth every single penny (and then some) to get that analog monkey off my back. And doing in in style!

:)

Last edited:

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Honey, I swear, this really is the last thing I need to buy for at least a year!!!
I seem to remember that line from my very recent past. I've only had my GG for a day but my guess would be that aside from atomizers and juice, it will be the last thing you need to buy for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread