Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Cisco, in another post somebody mentioned the innards of the bottom-feeder beta version being a Joye 306. As I'm only familiar w/ Cisco spec being Cisco, I was wondering if this is a different 306 in the bottom-feeder vs the standard HH or if it's a naming/predecessor issue I'm unfamiliar with? -Magnus

cam6512002

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
VA
357 Review
Throat Hit = Good
Taste = Good (306/510 better but I do not like that atty)
Vapor Production = Good (Cisco 306 from Advid is better but is too airy not air tight)
Draw = Great (Best draw of any atty I tried)

My atty leaks. (Every atty I have had has leaked though.........this one should not I am told)

I highly reccomend this atty.

Last edited:

cam6512002

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
VA
lurking... curious if used with an amp protected VV pv... (Pro vari in my case)...

i have no trouble with the 2.0 LR Hybrid as far as amps are concerned, but don't care too much for the atty as the vapor production is not so great imo.

Are you hard headed? Just kidding.....I understand your concern.
The 357 works on the Pro Vari from 3.3 to-4.2 Volts.
E2 at 4.3..................

cam6512002

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
VA
So far:

Good th
Ok vapor production
Leaks a lil (way less than most)
Draw feels a little airy like it's right there but not quite (could be my old batts )
Taste is not bad

Using on various ego batts

How long have you been using this atty? Mt vapor production has picked up after a couple of days. Let me know.

BTW I am ruining all my shirts with leaking atties.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Cisco, in another post somebody mentioned the innards of the bottom-feeder beta version being a Joye 306. As I'm only familiar w/ Cisco spec being Cisco, I was wondering if this is a different 306 in the bottom-feeder vs the standard HH or if it's a naming/predecessor issue I'm unfamiliar with? -Magnus

Could very well be, Cisco Spec atomizers were not officially a part of any beta versions. Hanna was making the original 357's from parts that people would send him, so they could have been from a Joye.

You shouldn't call the 357's bottom feeder versions, I would refer to them as open center post as opposed to sealed center post. Open center post atomizers are for bottom feeders and non bottom feeders. The bottom feeder versions available at another vendor are designed for bottom feeders only and will probably leak on anything else. The new run we have coming next week will have an open center post and will work on anything including bottom feeders.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Cisco

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Could very well be, Cisco Spec atomizers were not officially a part of any beta versions. Hanna was making the original 357's from parts that people would send him, so they could have been from a Joye.

You shouldn't call the 357's bottom feeder versions, I would refer to them as open center post as opposed to sealed center post. Open center post atomizers are for bottom feeders and non bottom feeders. The bottom feeder versions available at another vendor are designed for bottom feeders only and will probably leak on anything else. The new run we have coming next week will have an open center post and will work on anything including bottom feeders.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Cisco

For further clarification, I'm the poster that mentioned Hanna modded some attys for me using some Joye 1.5 Ω 306 attys I sent him.

You summed it up nicely, Cisco. They have open center posts. And they work very well!

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you

You shouldn't call the 357's bottom feeder versions, I would refer to them as open center post as opposed to sealed center post. Open center post atomizers are for bottom feeders and non bottom feeders.

Thank you for the clarification. So the production versions do use Cisco 306s in this case, excellent.

Open center post version. I'll work on remembering that, thanks, -Magnus

cam6512002

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
VA
to the leakers:

broken inner seal=

leaking
loss of flavor
loss of vapor

pretty much everything about this atty revolves around the seal, and dirrected airflow. This atty should not leak unless really flooded. Your battery may have pushed the positive post high enough to break the seal.

How do u know this? I think I have a broken seal. Thanks. What do I do now?

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I'm sorry Hanna but is the seal issue something you can share w/ the rest of us for future reference? Or is it something proprietary you don't want to share publicly?

Cisco, does the exchange policy cover if these ohm out too low and trigger errors on our Vvs? Or is there a voltage range already specified for use to keep it "in warranty" status? -Magnus

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
the detailed workings of the seal is proprietary. The potential for this issue has been eliminated completely for future attys.

when the seal is working and atty is full, when you draw from it with no power you should get a CRACKING type gurgle. This is the seal working and pulling fluid and air through the correct channel. you can kind of feel it when you hold the atty and do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread