Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I have one coming but until then could some of you that have gotten yours please review the pros and cons? Also what PV(s) and voltages they work best at for taste and vapor production. Taste is more important to me than filling a room with vapor, I may be in the minority there :laugh:

I will also review when mine gets here. Also does it like and dislike certain PG/VG ratios? Battery life affected? Seems like it would draw some serious amperage.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Mine haven't arrived yet :(. But I did some research on them before I bought them and I can post a couple answers from other people for you, till someone who has them comes along. :)

It seems they run best at over 4v. Most people feel the "sweet spot" is between 4.5-5v. At over 5v the carto can get hot to the touch. At 6v it can burn your lips with a metal drip tip and switching to a delrin is highly recommended. They seem to be very sturdy with some people claiming they can run it at 7v and not burn it out (grain of salt time on that one).

Most people love the flavor over other cartos, but some say they like the smoktech dual cartos better for taste. The triple coil is a vapor champ (though that's less what you want). At the right voltage some people claim there is no match for it on TH and flavor balance. Actually I have read no dissent to the TH claim so it may be most everyone, but I can't be sure.

For myself, I can only say I bought an ego booster with the triple coil in mind :). Looking forward to all of it arriving!

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Mine haven't arrived yet :(. But I did some research on them before I bought them and I can post a couple answers from other people for you, till someone who has them comes along. :)

It seems they run best at over 4v. Most people feel the "sweet spot" is between 4.5-5v. At over 5v the carto can get hot to the touch. At 6v it can burn your lips with a metal drip tip and switching to a delrin is highly recommended. They seem to be very sturdy with some people claiming they can run it at 7v and not burn it out (grain of salt time on that one).

Most people love the flavor over other cartos, but some say they like the smoktech dual cartos better for taste. The triple coil is a vapor champ (though that's less what you want). At the right voltage some people claim there is no match for it on TH and flavor balance. Actually I have read no dissent to the TH claim so it may be most everyone, but I can't be sure.

For myself, I can only say I bought an ego booster with the triple coil in mind :). Looking forward to all of it arriving!

Thank you for sharing the review about triple coil with us.

we did test and find triple coil work the best on 510 Manual USB passthrough (5V) .

actually triple coil cartomizers do not work well on ego tank batteries, because ego tank batteries are 3.3 V. so we are going to sell a 1300mah battery at 3.7-4.2 V next week, which is the better match for dual coil and triple coil cartomizer and echo cartomizers. :)

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Will you get those 1300mah in during the sale? Because if so, I will wait till you stock them to place my order. Do you know if they work with the ego booster? The ego booster faq says:

The Ego Booster uses the fact that genuine eGo batteries use what is called Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to control the power going to the atomizer. If you use a device which does not use PWM, the battery must be capable of producing adequate current to power the Ego Booster. This is why we recommend high-current batteries for non-eGo devices.

Thanks!

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Will you get those 1300mah in during the sale? Because if so, I will wait till you stock them to place my order. Do you know if they work with the ego booster? The ego booster faq says:

Thanks!

What is eGo Booster? it sounds interesting. could you send me a link or a picture, so i can look into it?

as for 1300mah VGO for 510/eGo (3.7-4.2V), they will not be in the summer sale, because Joye lines and Cartomizers are the theme of the summer sale.

but they will be likely the theme of our new promotion. :)

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I hear Schick is coming out with a 5-coil carto..though Gilette is on-track to deliver its 7-coil carto to market about a week later.

:)

(it's late, just something that came to mind and made me chuckle)

Too funny, are you a fellow razor collector? Double edge, injector, and the like? To hell with the cartridge razors! You don't need more than one blade edge on your face at one time.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
What is eGo Booster? it sounds interesting. could you send me a link or a picture, so i can look into it?

Sure, at ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/happyvaper/202635-ego-booster-faq.html. OEM website: http://artisanvaping.com/.

as for 1300mah VGO for 510/eGo (3.7-4.2V), they will not be in the summer sale, because Joye lines and Cartomizers are the theme of the summer sale.

but they will be likely the theme of our new promotion. :)

Thanks! Actually, I was wondering if you would get them in stock before the sale ends? So I can add them to my order with the items on sale for 1 shipment instead of making 2 shipments.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Too funny, are you a fellow razor collector? Double edge, injector, and the like? To hell with the cartridge razors! You don't need more than one blade edge on your face at one time.

Well, beaten to the punch on the razor/coil joke there... - too slow after a big Sunday lunch...

What's the deal with razors, Siouxsie? Do you collect them? I have about 20 Gillette DE's of various types (I love the Red-tip SuperSpeed and the 1940's style SS - superb shavers with the right blade), lots of straight razors, a couple of Schick Injectors (1930's with marbled handles - very classy) and (I think) a Rolls Razor or two - I also contribute to the major forum "Badger & Blade".

But it's like vaping - you can only use one at a time!
:vapor:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Well, beaten to the punch on the razor/coil joke there... - too slow after a big Sunday lunch...

What's the deal with razors, Siouxsie? Do you collect them? I have about 20 Gillette DE's of various types (I love the Red-tip SuperSpeed and the 1940's style SS - superb shavers with the right blade), lots of straight razors, a couple of Schick Injectors (1930's with marbled handles - very classy) and (I think) a Rolls Razor or two - I also contribute to the major forum "Badger & Blade".

But it's like vaping - you can only use one at a time!
:vapor:

Yeah, it was my collecting obsession before this and I use them. I prefer DE and Injector razors. I stay away from straights to avoid the learning curve and obscene damage to my bank account. I've got low 3 digits in number of razors but they seem to be investments these days as more and more become converts. Plus the shave is so much nicer once you learn. No more razor bumps from multi-blade carto razors plus the expense and built in dulling so you have to buy more. There's a certain highly sought after brand of DE and injector blades that can go on for 30 shaves, some say more. Sorry, end of hijack!

I'm not on B&B any more, Old Curmudgeon Jim booted me. They're pretty big for their britches over there, some of the mods.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I never used triple coil but my double coil just won't work on my Provari, I instantly get E2! It works perfectly on a Fixed 5V device however.

I've heard that for the ones that measure below 1.5 ohms which is why I was asking about the triple coils...Thanks for the response! Anybody tried the triples on the provari? It's fine for the doubles as I like them fine on Egos but if I'm going to have to buy another mod I might just skip the triples.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Okay if there are any Provari owners waiting to pull the trigger, here is MY experience, your mileage may vary.

I've read that the Provari protection circuit cuts off at anything over 2.5amp current, if I'm off here please correct me and/or my math.

So for a TC rated 1.6ohms, you should be able to use it up to 4 volts on the Provari, the 2 ohms DC up to 5 volts. I have just successfully done both using fresh, completely full dual and triple coil cartos that read exactly 1.6 and 2.0 ohms Triple and Dual coil respectively. I can't vouch for more than the first few puffs or a drying out carto, but they work as the math says they should. 1.6 ohms x 2.5 amps = 4 volts and 2 ohms x 2.5 amps = 5 volts should be the Provari limits for these cartos. Now those getting lower readings for resistance and getting the E2 error, you should still be able to use it. For example, if it reads 1.4 ohms, then 1.4 x 2.5amps = 3.5 volt limit and 1.5ohms x 2.5 volts would equal a 3.7 volt limit, maybe 3.8 if you're lucky. Very happy about this, won't have to buy another 5V mod to use these. Keep them wet folks! Getting an E2 error on a lower res (they are rated +- .2), then try lowering your voltage and refiring...That is all.

Last edited:

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Ok, I finally got my triple coils. Been using it on the ego booster at 4.7v or the 5v 510 passthrough. Its been like 1 day, so this is not a review but a quick impression. It vapes well, I like it on the EB over the passthrough. My passthrough is touchy as hell. Sometimes it works with the triple coil and sometimes it doesn't. I do have a 2.1A plug, so that is not the issue. Could be a bad unit.

I have used smoktech dual coils at 1.5ohms for about a week, so I have that to compare it to. Compared to the smoktech, the triple coil gives a bit more flavor. I've only tried 2 juices so far (swapping between 2 triple coil cartos today, one with Dekang pear and one with HC Cheesecake), but the triple coil gives a noticeable flavor boost over the dual coil but its not that noticeable, if that makes any sense.

I am not sure if this is worth the extra cost over the dual coils, on devices less than 5v, for everyone. I think the sweet spot for these would be around 6v, given the way it vaped on my 5v passthrough, I would've liked more wattage (hotter smoke). That said, its only been 1 day, and I am enjoying the boost in flavor.

Last edited:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
You're welcome Blueberry, I hope it helped you use your Provari with these if you get your E2 errors. My mom had a nice vacation home in the rural southwest of France until divorce recently mucked that up, it used to be my home away from home and it was paradise. The French were very kind to us there, very down to earth, and the woman were very lovely and feminine. Ok, memories getting me off track here.

I am liking my triple coil cartos (stainless) at a range of 3.8-4.2V. Any more and it tends to get too hot a vape for me. And the carto itself gets to be almost too hot to touch. I don't like burned tongues, lips, roofs of mouths, nor lungs, but to each their own. And it lasts a long time, still going this first one. Going to try to get the first flavor out using plain nic juice (unflavored) to see if I can get a new flavor in there to keep going.

I did drop my Provari and my clear DC that I had on it came off at the plastic end where it joins the battery. I put it back together and it wasn't putting out as much vape as normal so I tested it and it came out at 3.5ohms. I had severed or destroyed one of the coils, no biggie. A few hours later, I got an E1 message meaning the entire thing was toast. Be warned, the Provari is a heavy device and it will destroy itself, cartos, floor tiles, and any toes or pets that get in the way of gravity. The plastic DC's are especially prone to this separation, but I love being able to see inside.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
You know, its funny. The dual coil smoktechs, I couldn't run over 4.5v without burning my throat. I was most comfortable with them at around 4.2v. However, the triple coils I am running at 4.7-5v and I am wanting more heat for TH so far. I wonder if there is something going on my end (user error).

What do you run 1.5ohm dual coils at siouxsie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread