Heart Palpitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpetty

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Park Ridge,N.J.
Kmar75, I would do as Hairball suggests, check with a doctor. I myself do have heart problems & was just in for a checkup last wednesday. In between parts of the test I went outside for my usual 5 minute walk. When they did the second part of the test my doctor let me listen to a comparison of my heartbeat before my walk & after my walk. The after my walk part was much higher and not exactly as even as before. Nicotine has a definate effect on heart rate & evenness. Good luck. Bob.

I'm 61 years old. My heart has been getting quite a bit of palpitations about a month ago and I was getting a lot of Anxiety and that seems to make the symptoms seem worse than they really are. Anxiety attacks can be scary. I can hear my heart squishing in my ears etc. My mother died of Congestive Heart Failure and that is what scared me. Thought I was getting it.
I went to the emergency room to have an EKG put on, they didn't find anything wrong, x-rays showed good. Finally talked to my doctor and he said he get funny heart beats all the time and they usually are not life threatening.
He said if you feel strong chest pains, then you need to worry. He told me to quit smoking and I told him it's almost impossible for me and asked him if he ever smoked.
He told me "A little secret" He started smoking when he got into Medical School and smoked for 2 years so he knows how hard it is.
Coffee, nicotine etc will cause heart palpitations. He asked how much coffee I drink, told him 2 cups a day and he said that's fine.

Last edited:

amandamaher

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
A, A
I'm 61 years old. My heart has been getting quite a bit of palpitations about a month ago and I was getting a lot of Anxiety and that seems to make the symptoms seem worse than they really are. Anxiety attacks can be scary. I can hear my heart squishing in my ears etc. My mother died of Congestive Heart Failure and that is what scared me. Thought I was getting it.
I went to the emergency room to have an EKG put on, they didn't find anything wrong, x-rays showed good. Finally talked to my doctor and he said he get funny heart beats all the time and they usually are not life threatening.
He said if you feel strong chest pains, then you need to worry. He told me to quit smoking and I told him it's almost impossible for me and asked him if he ever smoked.
He told me "A little secret" He started smoking when he got into Medical School and smoked for 2 years so he knows how hard it is.
Coffee, nicotine etc will cause heart palpitations. He asked how much coffee I drink, told him 2 cups a day and he said that's fine.

Thank you for being so open with your experience. I have had these problems for many years due to anxiety and none of my family has told me ANYTHING about their own issues, which come to find out, both my grandmother and father suffer with the same stuff. It's so nice of you to be so candid.

SpiderMo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Georgia
I am having heart palpitations also and only took a few puffs of the white cloud cartridge and it is a low level. Could it be another ingredient this company is using that is causing this? I have smoked different e cigs before and never had this problem.

Very well could be, I would stop vaping the white cloud cart and wait a few and try another cart and see, but like others have stated might need to ck with Dr. rule out anything else.

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
I had the same experience.
At the begin with 24mg it was real bad. I went from 24 to 18 and no sign of improvement.
The heart was all over the place and I got worried about the e-cig. I was so happy not to smoke and was getting devastated because I thought I would need to go back to the analogs.
I changed it then to 12mg and it got al little better.
One of my medications was beta blocker. I called my doctor and told him about the situation and the next day went to see him.
After the tests he told me to stop the Beta Blocker and one of two the Blood Pressure medicines.
Now I am at 6 mg and if I get an urge 12 mg and feel great.
I would suggest to talk with your doc and as mentioned already lower the nic.

I am not going back even if I have to go to 0 nic. hi hi
Wish you the best.

SammySweetheart

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Canada
Same thing happened to me. Started at 12 mg, got crazy heart flips, and tossing and turning restlessly in bed all night, and crazy disturbing dreams. Went down to 8's, then 6's. And now vape a combination of 4's and then 0's for mindless vaping while socializing. The heart palpitations stopped when I went to 6's. I was so happy because I definitely didn't want to go back to tobacco.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nicotine. I had to drop my nic to the point where I could vape as much as I wanted without getting rapid or irregular heartbeat. I also use 3 ecigs (510, KR808D-1, and Riva 510) and one has a 0 nic carto. So if I am vaping a lot I make sure I am doing some of it on the 0 nic. And the longer I am vaping in one sitting the more I use the zero nic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread