Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Hey guys, most of the info floating around on these is in suppliers forums, figured I would post my quasi review here.

IMG_20110625_194436.jpg IMG_20110625_194527.jpg
Boge Revolution V2 (2.1) $45 - $50

First a little background, Iv’e been vaping for about 6 months, my devices have been an njoy 2n1 (rn4081), a Tornado tank (eGo-T), various 510 attys used for dripping, and a puck style higher voltage unit.

I’ve wanted a bottom feeder\juice box type device for a while, and ultimately would love a REO or MonkeyBoxx or Ali, but with times a little tough with regards to money, I started looking at my other options.

I was thinking about doing a little “do it yourself” mod, but came across the Boge Revolution V2 (2.1 actually), and figured that at the price ($45 - $50) even if it ended up being junk, it would be a good platform to mod from. The kit comes with the unit itself (built in batteries), a 10ml feeder bottle, a usb charger and cable, and 5 empty Boge cartomizers, for $45 to $50.

Watching the two decent reviews I could find of it, I was a little concerned about not being able to use all my joye 510 attys without pulling the center pin out a bit, but I have not had any problem with any of my joye 510 attys, they all fire up great.

Got it in today, inspected everything first, and filled the bottle part way up with some 70/30 vg/pg 555 from FSUSA and threw on a regular joye 510 I had been using on my eGo stuff, works great, no tweaking required to the atty, no bad taste.

Then I tried a LR de-bridged 510 joye I had been using on eGo stuff, also worked great, no problems, excellent vapor.

The cartos it comes with are empty so I filled one up with some of my 70/30 555, and put it on, also worked fine.

I'm not a big fan of cartos (but to be fair, I really haven't tried many) and find that the regular 510 attys produce much more vapor than these boge cartos do. I really have to hold the power down for a while to get a good cloud from the cartos, not so much from the regular joye 510 atty, and obviously the LR 510 atty blows them all away. The cartos taste fine however.

I mostly plan on using attys with this, and so far they are working great, but more time is needed to get a full take on it, initially though, I have to say this thing is far exceeding my expectations!

If anything the joye 510's seem to thread in deeper and better then the boge cartos it came with!

I have been using a LR joye 510 on it all day, and its hitting like a champ. The feed system seems to be working great, it took me no time to get the hang of it, pretty much just tip it over a bit, squeeze gently for 4 seconds or so, flip over and vape till it starts tasting dry again.

Also on the couple of reviews I have seen of the V2 they say the bottom cap for the bottle area comes off really easily (in a bad way), mine does not, it stays on very tight, so that is good.

I'm a happy camper!

The unit I got is the “2.1” version of the V2, which the main difference is that there is two 700 mah in parallel to give 1400 mah total. I am not sure if they tweaked anything else or not, but based on the early reviews of the V2, I think they may have at least tightened up the production a bit.

Also the V2 had a "negative ion air purifier" setting on it, which is obviously a "wtf?" kind of thing. They removed the negative ion generator part of it to fit the extra battery in, but left the flashing leds, so you can still "talk to aliens" as one video reviewer put it. :laugh:

The unit feels great in the hand, is light weight but seems relatively solid, and I think looks quite nice, good button, huge 10ml bottle, 1400mah, for $45 your getting quite the setup.

I am very pleased with it so far, but I have only had it for about 6 hours, I will certainly update this as I get a little more time in with the unit.

At $45 - $50, I don't think you can go wrong
with this thing, it would have cost me more then that to build one myself, and it certainly wouldn't have looked as nice.

So far so good!

Last edited:

eGo Maniac

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2010
Houston
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. It's a 2.0, but I think a slightly later version with the 700 mAh bat, as opposed to the mislabeled 550 bats some of the earliest ones had. I got it because I was about to do a long cross-country drive, and wanted something that would require little effort while driving. It performed like a champ! Once set up, it worked all day without filling or other tinkering. I've used it with the included Boge cartos, 510 lr atty's, and a dual coil clearomizer.

Now, I would say this unit is a little more finicky than my eGo. Sometimes I have to push out the connection with a pen when changing between atty and carto. And getting used to the feel of squeezing the bottle for more juice takes some experimentation. I've had some minor leakage when I've over done it. Consequently, I don't think I'd recommend this for a first time purchaser. It's more for folks with some experience with PVs.

All in all, I like mine.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Couple days in and still very happy with the V2.1!

Pretty much exclusively using a joye 510 LR atty, but did throw on one of the boge cartos it came with again for a bit today, it works fine but its tough for me to enjoy taking a 15 second drag to get the same effect I get from a one second or less drag on my LR atty.

Of course I have to be more careful with the LR atty, hold the power to long and you get that disgusting burning atty taste, but that is easy to manage.

I am a sucker for short, fast pulls that are full of vapor instantly, much like an analog.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

unholy79

Apr 28, 2011
Warwick, NY
Picked up my revolution 2.1 from vapelite, very pleased with it so far, had a 10 hour drive this weekend and no fiddling or charging was required. battery lasted about 3 days of constant use before giving out. definitely prefer a LR atty over the carto. so far my only complaint about it is that it must be stored standing up. if you don't cap it, it will leak all over the place if left on its side. best vaporizer yet.

Nev

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I got my Boge Revolution 2.1 from Nhaler. I loved it for 2 weeks, even though 10ml is a lot of juice for someone who likes to change flavors frequently. Yesterday as I was driving, I squeezed the bottle to top off the carto and the whole thing came apart in my hand. I am a girl. I didn't squeeze that hard. The unit no longer works...so now I am going to buy something a bit tougher.

For $50, it works like a charm, but be gentle with it!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Have been using one of the 1400mah versions of these about 4 days now. I picked it up as a 'back-up' for my Darwin and a second PV for carrying around to places where such things are more likely to get lost, stolen, or taken away by security, etc.

Not a single problem with my Revolution...no leaks for me so far. I do make sure the atty is pretty tight.

I've used it as just a battery for giant eGo cartos (extension required), and also used the feeder portion with Cisco LR atties quite a bit.

At $50 or less, these things are nice!

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS

Caelius Felix

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
I'm on my second day with this box from White Stag, and so far I love it. I am using it with the Smoketech clear dual-coil cartos, and they work great. The same carto on a different battery isn't as good; I think the collar on the Revolution 2.1's 510 connection (which keeps juice from leaking when you refill from the built in bottle) cuts down on air flow, giving better vapor. With the clear cartos it is very easy to see the amount of juice needed to re-saturate the batting. Mine seems quite well-made; no problems with loose doors or anything else.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
I'm on my second day with this box from White Stag, and so far I love it. I am using it with the Smoketech clear dual-coil cartos, and they work great. The same carto on a different battery isn't as good; I think the collar on the Revolution 2.1's 510 connection (which keeps juice from leaking when you refill from the built in bottle) cuts down on air flow, giving better vapor. With the clear cartos it is very easy to see the amount of juice needed to re-saturate the batting. Mine seems quite well-made; no problems with loose doors or anything else.
I've also purchased one of these and have been using the Boge carto which came with it (also have plenty of spares). I've noticed that the Boge becomes hard to draw on within a short period of time. Yet when I remove that carto and place it on my eGo it draws fine.
You said you can use your dual clear cartos on the V2.1? Mine won't work on the V2.1???

unholy79

Apr 28, 2011
Warwick, NY
Currently I run a Boge LR 510 atomizer on my 2.1, had to do the pencil trick so the contacts would work.

Only other mod I did was use one of my wife's emery boards to sand out the port where the bottle is inserted enough so that I can take just about any 10ml bottle and slide it in easily. Without doing that, once the label hit the port it'd be tough to insert, and even more difficult to remove without completely popping out the base. Makes swapping flavors MUCH easier.

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
I was thinking about getting this but was wondering if anybody could help me with some questions I had. Can you replace the batteries. They look like little batt packs, and not the normal rechargeable ones. If you can replace them, can you get higher than 700mah. I mean can you get 2 1k mah batteries and replace them? Also, for squeezing the juice, do you simply squeeze the juice and it shoots up to the atty, or do you have to tilt the entire thing over for the juice to flow through. I'm ready to buy my first mod and was thinking of getting this due to the price. I usually use a 1k mah ego with ego mega dual coil cartos. Wanted something with a way longer battery life, not too expensive,. I don't know if any of this made sense, but any advice that somebody could provide would help me a lot. Either my ego batteries are on their way out, or these dual coil cartos are killing the batt, but I just have to get something that's better than this set up..

In short, help!!

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
I was thinking about getting this but was wondering if anybody could help me with some questions I had. Can you replace the batteries. They look like little batt packs, and not the normal rechargeable ones. If you can replace them, can you get higher than 700mah. I mean can you get 2 1k mah batteries and replace them? Also, for squeezing the juice, do you simply squeeze the juice and it shoots up to the atty, or do you have to tilt the entire thing over for the juice to flow through. I'm ready to buy my first mod and was thinking of getting this due to the price. I usually use a 1k mah ego with ego mega dual coil cartos. Wanted something with a way longer battery life, not too expensive,. I don't know if any of this made sense, but any advice that somebody could provide would help me a lot. Either my ego batteries are on their way out, or these dual coil cartos are killing the batt, but I just have to get something that's better than this set up..

In short, help!!
This is my first feeder mod, don't know too much about them except I can share my experience with this V2.1.
The 2 700 batts that come with the V2.1 are recharageable, you plug the USB in and charge them. As far as replacing them with something more powerful...have no clue. I've use my PV's a lot, all day, almostly non stop. This mod lasts me all day. I recharge it at night.
You need to press the feeder bottle while the mod is either side ways or upside down to fill the carto. It doesn't have a feeder tube in the bottle although I'm sure someone creative can put one into it. Its no big deal, cause you're not having to pump it all that often, just to wet the carto. Personally I fill a carto then place it on the mod and use the feeder to keep my carto wet.
It's not a bad mod for the money. I'm actually pleased with it and find myself using it more often than I thought I would.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS

In short, help!!

Not sure that you'll need more batteries. This thing goes and goes. I've been running a Cisco 1.7 Ohm 510 atty on it, and with heavy vaping all day I've yet to fully drain the battery.

If you'll be away from a power source for 'days' or something, you might pick up a usb battery pack (like for charging phones/notebooks/etc.) that'll come in handy for all your usb chargeable gadgets.

No feeder hose in the Revolution bottle. With vertical coil cartos, you don't really want it anyway, as you'll want to tip the thing anyway to get the liquid to wet as much batting as possible. If you want to add one for use with regular atomizers it's not hard...just cut a bit of tube/hose/straw (I got a piece out of the pump from an empty Windex bottle), wrap one end with teflon plumbers tape and shove it in.

So far, to be honest, I like the way it feeds better without the feeder tube. Every drop gets used out of the bottle that way. I just tip it over, squeeze, and count to 5...then vape on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread