Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Two weeks into vaping I found that tobacco flavors were abhorrent to me. I curious to see how common this is.

It takes a loonngg time for your taste buds to recover from smoking cigarettes. What you like today, you might dislike tomorrow. If you find a juice not to your liking now, hang onto it. You might like it 2 weeks from now.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
pkj has a great point. Just hold onto what you don't like now and tuck it away in a cool, dark place like a closet or drawer. Give it 2-4 weeks and try it again. Majority of juices are handmixed and need time to blend together.

I used to avoid tobacco flavors at all cost. I was scared it would start uncontrollable cravings. Now? I love them. nitelitevapor.com is my favorite for tobacco flavor as well as vaperite.com (has organic tobacco but needs steep time).

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Well, it's been six months since this occurred. I haven't thrown away my few little tobacco flavor bottles, but I'm not holding out much hope for them. I just recently found out that a dark chocolate flavor I've tried several times and found distasteful has a tiny amount of tobacco flavor in it, and I believe that is what caused me to dislike it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I started out with tobacco flavors and coffee flavors, and then moved into bakery and chocolate flavors.
I have now come full circle back to tobacco flavors, although I had to find Dekang DK-TAB for that to happen.

I use Dekang DK-TAB most of the time and Dekang RY4 some of the time.
Every now and then I'll use a coffee flavor or a bakery flavor or a chocolate flavor.

I have never liked any fruit flavors or beverage flavors.
Well, I should say I liked many of them, but just didn't want to "smoke" them.
:)

I am holding out hope that the Vermillion River Florida Citrus Explosion I am waiting for might just change that.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I started out with tobacco flavors and coffee flavors, and then moved into bakery and chocolate flavors.
I have now come full circle back to tobacco flavors, although I had to find Dekang DK-TAB for that to happen.

I use Dekang DK-TAB most of the time and Dekang RY4 some of the time.
Every now and then I'll use a coffee flavor or a bakery flavor or a chocolate flavor.

I have never liked any fruit flavors or beverage flavors.
Well, I should say I liked many of them, but just didn't want to "smoke" them.
:)

I am holding out hope that the Vermillion River Florida Citrus Explosion I am waiting for might just change that.

Is the DK-TAB like a 555? And if so, where do you get it?

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
No, the 555 is "supposed to be" a nutty flavor.
The DK-TAB is more of a smooth, rich turkish blend.

Oh I know what 555 is "supposed" to be, DC... lol.. been vapin it for 2yrs! But I've seen the TAB around and folks talking about it, and never knew what it tasted like. Generally, "tobacco" flavors are gross to me, so I was just wondering about the TAB.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i found that tobacco flavors are more tolerable than fruity type ones. i can vape a tobacco flavor all day..i cant say the same for any other.

I'm kinda the Direct opposite.

When I started, I never found a Tobacco flavor that tasted like Tobacco. Kinda like Diet Coke doesn't taste like Real Coke to me.

cowaggon

Jul 28, 2011
Cabot, AR
From what I understand a lot of people rant and rave about the alien visions bobas bounty and gorilla juice, they're both flavored tobacco blends. I was a menthol analog smoker but I find that I like the flavored tobaccos. I use menthol as my daily vape (for now) but I'm looking for something else. I feel like I'm just not getting what I want. I have BB and GJ on order so maybe I'll be an AVE fan as well.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, gotta say I'm a little surprised how many people dislike tobacco. Maybe the numbers will change eventually. I figured under 10% would be in the 'find tobacco repulsive' category.

I think one thing that makes the "Find Tobacco Flavors Repulsive" so large is the time that vapers have been vaping.

When I started using e-Cigs, about 2 years ago, Tobacco flavors were Horrible. I'm talking Old Socks boiled in Bat Piss Horrible. I moved to other flavors because there wasn't anything else to do. It was that or quit e-Cigarettes.

But flavors have improved and I think now there are more Vendors mixing good flavored Tobacco e-Liquids.

I guess I should try some BWB or some of the others I keep hearing good things about. I'm just happy in my little flavor rut.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
Well, gotta say I'm a little surprised how many people dislike tobacco. Maybe the numbers will change eventually. I figured under 10% would be in the 'find tobacco repulsive' category.

I'm not all that surprised by it, for a couple reasons.

If the juice actually tastes like tobacco, then it's something that cigarette smokers are not familiar with. Cigarettes don't taste like tobacco, they taste like chemicals. I smoked them for 30 years. I also smoked pure tobacco in a pipe. There was no comparison. The cigs were for the addiction, a fast easy nico delivery system, the pipe was for enjoyment.

Another possibility is that psychological aspect. Just as many of us did, I started with a cig look alike. Didn't take long for me to decide I didn't like that. Why look like a smoker, when I'm not, right? Maybe for some the logic extends to flavors as well.

(BTW - Someone mentioned a tobacco with a nutty undertone. That would be would be Burley. If they're making juice by extraction, that's a logical choice too. Cheap and readily available, with a smooth and milder taste.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread