New Reo Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisv2489

Jul 13, 2011
Orlando, FL
So i just got my Reo grand in the mail yesterday. Its my first mod and only my second pv(first is eGo with dual coil cartos) and am really overwhelmed with all the info in the which atomizer to use for the reo thread (alot of info and so many different opinions). So am wondering for someone who vapes mostly 18mg sweeter juices (BWB vanilla bean, malty toffee) i am wondering which atomizer would be best to grab for my Reo grand.

From what ive gathered thus far 1.8 to 2.0 ohm LR atomizers are recommended but i don't know much about differences in brands and threads(?) ex:306,801,510 and such. Can anyone help me out and maybe a couple links to some good sites for finding such atomizers.

More info: I am using some Bauway 510 Atomizer, 2.5 ohms atm from madvapes since those are the only ones i had laying around but am not getting good flavor from my Vanilla bean and am getting some gurgling and burnt taste, dont know if that is normal or not since i do not know how to use it very well yet.

Am complete noob at this and would appreciate any help or suggestions at what i could be doing wrong as well. Thanks so much in advance.:confused:

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
2.5 ohms will probably be pretty cool and flavorless. Throw the dual coil cartos on while you get the hang of using your REO. They are probably 1.5 ohm. That will tell you a lot about where your juice tastes good with a true 3.7v battery. For the time being, just think about it like it is your eGo, except you can add juice to your carto by squonking.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Just as mlinky said, throw one of your cartos on your Grand, you'll get the flavor that you want for now. Also, you are familiar with those and know when it's time to push the bottle for more juice so you won't get that burnt taste either.

If you'd like to go with LR306 attys (they have the same threading as the 510), I get mine at Liberty Flights. On their site, there is a 20% off tag and if you click that, all the prices change. A pack of 5 306's run about $28.00 and they last, they are joyes.

Congrats on your new Grand, and welcome to the REO family! :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I would suggest you try two or three of these attys. Prime them with 7 to 10 drops of juice from the top, let them sit like that for about 10 minutes, give your bottle a gentle squeeze and gently draw on the atty (don't hit the fire button yet) via your drip tip till you hear/feel a soft gurgle. Stop squeezing your bottle at that point. Your atty should be properly juiced. It might be a tad flooded, but that's better than it being too dry. That leads to burnt wicks and yucky tasting attys. Hit your fire button and gently inhale for a few seconds. Enjoy. Rejuice the atty when you detect flavor and/or vapor dropping off. Every few drags, depending on how you vape.

They work well, are priced well, and will give you good flavor and vapor. After using them for a while, you can decide if you want a warmer or cooler vape and then we can direct you to some of the higher priced premium attys that have tighter specifications. You might decide they work perfectly for you and you don't need to try higher or lower resistances or different style attys. All the better, if so.

Edit: I forgot to add, blow out any primer (machine oil tasting yuckiness) before you prime them with juice.

Last edited:

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I use boge LR carto's on my reo and I vape BWB malty toffee exclusively. I love that juice so much I would marry it if I could. I haven't tried using an atty with my reo's because ever since I got my first reo I only had carto's on me and its actually my preference to use them. They work great with that juice in my opinion :)

Chrisv2489

Jul 13, 2011
Orlando, FL
I got a boge 2.0 ohm cartomizer when i bought the Reo but i am having no luck with it. I keep getting juice sucked threw the end whenever i take a drag. I do not understand what to do because i filled the carto and then attached it to my reo and fed just enough juice to where i saw a little through the reservoir. Am i doing something wrong?

GSimonds

Moved On
Jul 22, 2011
Michigan
I got a boge 2.0 ohm cartomizer when i bought the Reo but i am having no luck with it. I keep getting juice sucked threw the end whenever i take a drag. I do not understand what to do because i filled the carto and then attached it to my reo and fed just enough juice to where i saw a little through the reservoir. Am i doing something wrong?

Did you take out the foam end cap and add a drip tip? It makes the shaft a bit longer, but adds a nice buffer to prevent juice in the mouth.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
k i took out the foam cap and threw a drip tip on and am not having the juice in my mouth anymore. Although the flavor is still not as strong as when i use the same juice on my eGo even after a lil squonk with the Boge LR2.0

Squonk less. Too much juice will mute the flavor. Vape on it a while without squonking to get the excess juice vaped away.

Also, check your battery. It might be time for a freshly charged battery.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey there, and congrats!!! I'm so happy for you.

I personally only use 510/306s (mostly 306s). But these atomizers from Ikenvape fit the Grand without an adapter and provide great flavor and a lot of vapor. IKV LR 2.0

I vape at 6V so I use Ikenvape atomizers; however, my number one recomendation would be Cisco spec atomizers from Avidvaper. If you have the money buy a selection of different ohm 510 and 306s. If you don't, try a 1.8 or so. If you want hotter, go 1.5, if it's too hot, go 2.0.

I love TH and that's why I don't use those initial atomizers (the cannons). But they did give me plumes of vapor and great taste. But as far as quality goes, I think the Cisco spec atomizers win (IMO).

When it comes down to it, everybody is unique and it really isn't cheap or quick (usually) finding out what works for you. I spent tons of money on other PVs before I found Rob's masterpieces (I love my REO). So I am happy you found a great PV so early in your vaping career.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
I was leaning toward grabbing some Cisco LR 306s. thanks for the input

Good choice. I find the 306s are harder to flood. (Clearly, I'm not the worlds best squonker!)

Again, if I didn't vape at 6V I would still be vaping Cisco atomizers. I was most satisfied with their quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread