Provari Battery Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

datacreek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
USA
I ordered a ProVari this weekend and it looks like I'm gonna want to get some high-drain batteries. I have quite a few 18650s my favs being the red & black Trustfire true 2400 although the blue 3000 mah is pretty nice, just won't fit in my Precious.
Anyway, I want the longest life I can get. I realize that has to do with what atty and what voltage but I think my primary setting would be 4.4 or there-abouts with a regular joye 510 but I'm sure I'll play with that a bit. But using that as a baseline I'd like to get a battery that would last 16 hours... and would be nice to have a little room to spare. I've read a great deal but not all of the Provari thread and as well as other Provari related threads and have heard of folks using an AW 2900. I didn't think you could use a non-button-top battery. Questions:
Provape says you cannot use the non-button-top batteries... can you with a magnet spacer? Or are they then too long. I've read some folks using the more common 18650s that are protected not being able to screw the bottom cap all the way.

AW 18650 Protected 2200 mAh button top
AW 18650 Protected 2600 non-button top
AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh non-button top
- Are these high drain or is that the IMR only.

Are protected batteries too long?

AW IMR18650 1600mAh which is what provape recommends but I'd like more mah if possible.
Or is this the best battery???
Bottom line... What is the best battery I can buy for the ProVari?

TIA

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
The ProVari was engineered to use the specific batteries that ProVape recommends for a reason.

The only batteries that I would recommend or use are the batteries that ProVape recommends.

http://www.provape.com/v/faq.htm

Vape360 from ProVape explains why in further detail in the following thread;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/131028-provari-variable-voltage-mod.html

If I run across what page it's on I'll post it for you, otherwise you would have to check through the thread yourself or someone else may post were it is for you.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey

TheJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
P.A.
i seen that and i`m very interested if Provari backs it up but i`m pretty sure my buddy runs a 18650 2600mah in his provari. i cant give the specs on amps and all but if anyone is interested i`ll give him a call and get the details i can. i`m positive its 2600 and he used a rubber O ring to seal up the little gap between the threads for the extended cap. i just dont know if its safe for the unit.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I'm currently Beta testing the new Battery for Dave, I'm on Day 5 and my 2nd charge. I will tell you guys they are quite awesome and the run times on these Blow away the AW IMR 18650, DataCreek, dont buy to many Batts, wait for these, they are gonna be the ones to have ! enough said

Geoff_NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
New York City
I'm currently Beta testing the new Battery for Dave, I'm on Day 5 and my 2nd charge. I will tell you guys they are quite awesome and the run times on these Blow away the AW IMR 18650, DataCreek, dont buy to many Batts, wait for these, they are gonna be the ones to have ! enough said

That's good news MWA!...Though i am kind of second guessing my order that hasn't shipped yet that includes two of the standard AW 18650 imr's now..:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread